On 10/4/2022 at 2:30 PM, coco1997 said:

@NicDB, any suggestions for Milwaukee?

Considering the uniforms they wore until a couple years ago could literally be part of this series, I'd recommend something based on County Stadium, where there's so much more to work with. The (in)famous scoreboard, the chalet, Bernie's stein, the red infield fence, etc.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 9:31 PM, thesieve22 said:

Replace Yankees with something like Bronx Bombers in the Yankees script and this is their city connect. Great job really like this series

Thank you! I too hope the Yanks do something with reverse pinstripes for their City Connect set. 

On 10/5/2022 at 12:03 PM, Coiler said:

Another great entry.

Apple red and green for their NL counterpart in Shea/Citi?

I will say I am planning to incorporate the Big Apple into the design, but it won't be red and green. You'll see soon enough!

Up today are the Nationals and Nationals Park!

Nationals-Nationals-Park-w-3-D-numbers.p

Notes:

- Even more so than the team's City Connect uniforms, I went all-in on the cherry blossom theme and added a ring of cherry blossoms around the back numbers.
- Just as Nationals Park has its "Ring of Honor" which honors players from Washington teams' past, I wanted to incorporate uniform elements from some of those bygone teams, including T-bars from the Washington Grays,  3-D block numbers from the late '50s Washington Senators and stirrups from the early '60s Senators. 

- I used the team's original block "Nationals" script as this is the style adorning the scoreboard at the stadium. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Nationals Stadium 10/7)
On 10/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, Victormrey said:

Wonderful design for the Nats! The pale pink looks great along the team's traditional navy and red. The element mix from different eras looks surprisingly cohesive! I specially like the use of T-bars 💯

Thank you! I'm a big fan of 3-D block numbers in particular and would love it if the Nats or some other team adopted those. 

Up today are the White Sox and Comiskey Park!

White-Sox-Comiskey-Park-w-hexagonal-stri

Notes:

- I wanted to do my home team proud, so this design went through many iterations before I got it just right. However, the constant from the very beginning was a navy & red color scheme, which the South Siders wore for much of their time at Old Comiskey

- Comiskey's iconic pinwheels are featured prominently, both above the chest ribbon as well as within the "C" cap logo. 

- The pentagonal ribbon across the front and back of the jersey evokes the old scoreboard at Comiskey as well as the team's 1983 uniforms.

- The "Comiskey" lettering is modeled after the sign at the main entrance to the ballpark before it was updated in the '70s. 

- A subtle firework pattern is applied to the sleeves. 

- The red stripe on the pants is meant to resemble Chicago's CTA Red Line, with a single pinwheel near the bottom indicating the Sox/35th train stop. 

C&C appreciated! An surprising team is next. 🟠

• Like 7
  • Love 3

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Comiskey Park 10/10)
On 10/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, Coiler said:

The Nationals and Sox both look great!

Thanks! 

Next up are the Rays and Tropicana Field!

Rays-Tropicana-Field-w-block-numbers.png

Notes:

- I wasn't originally planning to tackle Tampa Bay, but I couldn't shake the idea of trying the Rays in orange and forest green. It hit me that the only way to make quite possibly the drabbest stadium in MLB work was to give it the brightest, gaudiest color scheme imaginable. 

- Although this one clearly breaks my "no corporate names" rule, "The Trop" nickname sounds a lot better than "Tropicana" and lends itself better to a jersey design. 

- The "O" in "Trop" has an orange slice inside of it

- The thick sky blue stripe with rays on the socks is inspired by the Touch Tank at the stadium

C&C appreciated as always! 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Tropicana Field 10/14)
4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

- I wasn't originally planning to tackle Tampa Bay, but I couldn't shake the idea of trying the Rays in orange and forest green. It hit me that the only way to make quite possibly the drabbest stadium in MLB work was to give it the brightest, gaudiest color scheme imaginable. 

- Although this one clearly breaks my "no corporate names" rule, "The Trop" nickname sounds a lot better than "Tropicana" and lends itself better to a jersey design. 

- The "O" in "Trop" has an orange slice inside of it

- The thick sky blue stripe with rays on the socks is inspired by the Touch Tank at the stadium

C&C appreciated as always! 

I like this. The colours work pretty well together, and everything clicks.

Glad it's a Pullover too. I would also make the Cubs shirt a Pullover as well, having the cubs logo over the placket looks a bit awkward, the uniform looks great otherwise.  And if you are doing Arizona, Miami and Pittsburgh, then I would consider suns out guns out for those teams. Especially The Pirates.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 3:56 AM, coco1997 said:

Thanks to you, I think the Rays have missed an opportunity to call their field 'The Trop Park'.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:33 PM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

I like this. The colours work pretty well together, and everything clicks.

Glad it's a Pullover too. I would also make the Cubs shirt a Pullover as well, having the cubs logo over the placket looks a bit awkward, the uniform looks great otherwise.  And if you are doing Arizona, Miami and Pittsburgh, then I would consider suns out guns out for those teams. Especially The Pirates.

Thanks! And good call on the Cubs. Here's how it looks as a pullover:

Cubs-Wrigley-Field-pullover.png

I assume for the three teams you mentioned you're suggesting vests/sleeveless jerseys? I honestly haven't given a single thought to how I 'll handle the D-Backs. For Pittsburgh, I first have to decide which ballpark of theirs to base my design on. 

On 10/15/2022 at 8:15 AM, Coiler said:

The most exciting thing to come out of Tropicana Field! Great work.

On 10/15/2022 at 10:30 PM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Thanks to you, I think the Rays have missed an opportunity to call their field 'The Trop Park'.

Thank you!

Let's start the week with the Angels and Angel Stadium!

Angels-Angel-Stadium.png

Notes:

- The two main inspirations for this design are The Big "A" (the large, A-shaped structure outside Angel Stadium) and Disney. The apex of the "A" is reflected on the front & back of the jersey as well as the sock design.

- I brought back the Halos' 1971 cap logo, since its rounded top lent itself well to incorporating the iconic Mickey Mouse ears. 

- Script & number font is Plate Gothic, the same style as the lettering on The Big "A."

- The pale blue color is called "California Sky" (HEX #C3DFE8). 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Angel Stadium 10/17)
19 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks! And good call on the Cubs. Here's how it looks as a pullover:

Cubs-Wrigley-Field-pullover.png

I assume for the three teams you mentioned you're suggesting vests/sleeveless jerseys? I honestly haven't given a single thought to how I 'll handle the D-Backs. For Pittsburgh, I first have to decide which ballpark of theirs to base my design on. 

Thank you!

Let's start the week with the Angels and Angel Stadium!

Angels-Angel-Stadium.png

Notes:

- The two main inspirations for this design are The Big "A" (the large, A-shaped structure outside Angel Stadium) and Disney. The apex of the "A" is reflected on the front & back of the jersey as well as the sock design.

- I brought back the Halos' 1971 cap logo, since its rounded top lent itself well to incorporating the iconic Mickey Mouse ears. 

- Script & number font is Plate Gothic, the same style as the lettering on The Big "A."

- The pale blue color is called "California Sky" (HEX #C3DFE8). 

C&C appreciated! 

Those Mickey Mouse ears tho. 😅

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 5:41 AM, Coiler said:

Looks delightfully offbeat in ways that most Angels uniforms aren't.

On 10/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

I expected the nod to Disney and it looks respectable and subtle and not too in your face. 

Thanks! Yeah, I knew if I was going to incorporate Disney, it had to be in a subtle, tasteful manner. The Mickey ears seemed like the way to do it. 

Next up are the Rockies and Coors Field!

Notes:

Rockies-Coors-Field-w-brick-sleeves-dark

- I'm a big fan of what the Rockies did for their City Connects uniforms, so rather than try to reinvent the wheel, I simply built off of that design. Purple and green are the colors of the Coors Field logo as well as the 1998 All-Star Game in Denver.  

- The front and back of the jersey bear the Coors Field logo, which features the latticework found around the stadium. 

- The pants, sleeve and sock pattern is based on the park's unique "diapered" style masonry.

- Clarendon style numbers which are found on the stadium's seats

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 6

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Coors Field 10/21)
3 minutes ago, Coiler said:

Unlike some of the others, it's too gaudy to be a regular uniform. But it works great as a special occasion one.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. 

In honor of the Phillies clinching the NL pennant, up next are the Phillies and Shibe Park!

Phillies-Shibe-Park-yellow.png

Notes:

- When deciding which park to tackle for the Phils, I ruled out Citizens Bank because of its name and Veterans Stadium because, by most accounts, it sucked. Shibe, on the other hand, was home of not only the Phillies (1938-70) but also the longtime home of the Philadelphia A's (1909-54) and Eagles (1942-57). It's also considered one of the most beautiful and influential parks in MLB history and was the first made from steel and concrete.

- Blue and athletic gold recall both the color of the Phillies and A's as well as the Philadelphia flag

- I used the script from the Shibe Tavern sign at Oakland Coliseum for the script and numbers.

- The sleeve bears the iconic design of Connie Mack's office, located above the main entrance to the park. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 5

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Shibe Park 10/24)
On 10/24/2022 at 7:55 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

Philly looks good, not sure about the colour of the hose and shoes though, blue might be a better bet.

Thanks! I really wanted to keep the socks yellow for color balance, but I did make the shoes navy. Let me know if this is better:

Phillies-Shibe-Park-navy-shoes.png

Next up are the Royals and Kauffman Stadium!

Royals-Kauffman-Stadium-w-script.png

Notes:

- Big emphasis on the famous fountains at Kauffman as demonstrated by the sleeves and socks

- The front and back side of the jersey uses an interpolation of the park's large, shield-shaped scoreboard and its surrounding light posts 
- The crown on the jersey features a script style "Kauffman" which previously appeared on the scoreboard prior to its remodel

C&C appreciated! On another note, the four teams I think I've decided I won't be doing are:

D-Backs
Marlins
Blue Jays
Mariners

I'd really love to make these teams work but they've all either had exclusively corporate-named or flat-out uninteresting ballparks. If anyone has ideas to make them work I'm totally open to suggestions. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Kauffman Stadium 10/28)

Love the Royals and the (gulp) Phillies designs both.

5 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I'd really love to make these teams work but they've all either had exclusively corporate-named or flat-out uninteresting ballparks. If anyone has ideas to make them work I'm totally open to suggestions. 

Diamondbacks: The Chase (a pun on the current name). It'd have light blue (blue not being one of the many colors they've used) to symbolize the stadium's most obvious landmark: The pool.  If you have to have a second color, then "marble" (to symbolize the area around the pool, something like hex #e3e0cd ) would fit.

• Like 1