Sierra Mist rebrand coming

kmccarthy27

Sierra Mist, this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Note for the kiddies: that's a joke, playing off some famous song lyrics involving the word "starry".  In truth Sierra Mist won't be Sierra missed.  In a world that already has 7 Up and Sprite, there is no need from a consumer's standpoint for yet another soda in that space.  But Pepsi has to have a presence, for those contractors with whom they have an exclusive relationship, such as a fast food restaurant.

I just hope that Pepsi will handle the packaging for Starry better than it did for Sierra Mist, in terms of distinguishing the diet version.  On more than one occasion I was fooled into buying a bottle of the regular version of Sierra Mist because the labels looked too similar, realising my error only upon the first gulp of something too horribly sweet for consumption.  Pepsi should just use the inverse colouring that it uses on its flagship soda, the type of packaging that clearly marks the diet versions of Coke, Sprite, and 7 Up.

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Sierra Mist, this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Note for the kiddies: that's a joke, playing off some famous song lyrics involving the word "starry".  In truth Sierra Mist won't be Sierra missed.  In a world that already has 7 Up and Sprite, there is no need from a consumer's standpoint for yet another soda in that space.  But Pepsi has to have a presence, for those contractors with whom they have an exclusive relationship, such as a fast food restaurant.

I just hope that Pepsi will handle the packaging for Starry better than it did for Sierra Mist, in terms of distinguishing the diet version.  On more than one occasion I was fooled into buying a bottle of the regular version of Sierra Mist because the labels looked too similar, realising my error only upon the first gulp of something too horribly sweet for consumption.  Pepsi should just use the inverse colouring that it uses on its flagship soda, the type of packaging that clearly marks the diet versions of Coke, Sprite, and 7 Up.

From other pics, and much like what coke is doing with. the Sprite branding, the Zero Sugar version will have a black cap and a black band:
spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

From other pics, and much like what coke is doing with. the Sprite branding, the Zero Sugar version will have a black cap and a black band:
spacer.pngspacer.png

Damn.  Not cool.

I was not aware of this repackaging of Sprite.  I was referring to this kind of packaging:

Sprite 20oz Plastic Bottles - Applejack Sprite Diet Sprite Zero | Sprite | Town & Country Markets

In practice, I mostly drink seltzer nowadays, so this problem doesn't come up for me anymore.  But once in a while I will grab a Diet Sprite or a Diet 7 Up, and I seem to remember the contrasting labels still present.

3 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Damn.  Not cool.

I was not aware of this repackaging of Sprite.  I was referring to this kind of packaging:

Sprite 20oz Plastic Bottles - Applejack Sprite Diet Sprite Zero | Sprite | Town & Country Markets

In practice, I mostly drink seltzer nowadays, so this problem doesn't come up for me anymore.  But once in a while I will grab a Diet Sprite or a Diet 7 Up, and I seem to remember the contrasting labels still present.

Sprite is switching to all clear bottles for cost cutting reasons so they just added the logo change and used the Coke Zero idea with just having "Black" be the Zero Sugar identified. I expect all other Coke products to follow suit. And as we see with Fake Pepsi Sprite rebrand #5 them too. 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:40 AM, kmccarthy27 said:

Looks like Pepsi gave up on Sierra Mist and is launching Starry to replace it. (

spacer.png

spacer.png

Goddammit, Pepsi. Stop it with the rebranding, and just accept your place as the #3 lemon-lime soda. Sierra Mist was, is, and (after they revert again) will be a perfectly serviceable name for when waiters ask "Is Sierra Mist okay?" The last time they changed the name everyone still called it Sierra Mist, and by the time any fountain labels were changed to "Mist TWST", they were already bringing back the Sierra Mist name.

That said, the logo and label are pretty decent designs. Better than the crap they usually rolled out for Sierra Mist.

2 hours ago, CDCLT said:

I guess an unpopular opinion would be I actually prefer Sierra Mist to Sprite. It's sweeter and I like it more. Hopefully this Starry is similar to Sierra Mist in flavor.

I actually prefer Sierra Mist too. It has a cleaner taste, if that makes sense. 7-Up, and to a lesser extent Sprite, leave a distinctive aftertaste in my mouth.

• Like 1

spacer.png

It took me like a decade to make the connection of Mountain Dew/Sierra Mist. I think that's really the only thing it had going for it.

Agreed that Slice is a way better name.

EDIT:

I don't remember that 1999-2001 branding at all. LOL at 2008-2010, which I do remember but only as a meme:

https://1000logos.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Sierra-Mist-Logo-history.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 10/4/2022 at 4:45 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It took me like a decade to make the connection of Mountain Dew/Sierra Mist. I think that's really the only thing it had going for it.

Agreed that Slice is a way better name.

EDIT:

I don't remember that 1999-2001 branding at all. LOL at 2008-2010, which I do remember but only as a meme:

https://1000logos.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Sierra-Mist-Logo-history.jpg

08-10 could be a horror movie poster

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Can someone explain the difference between 7-up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, and Mountain Dew?  Aren't they all just lemon-lime sodas with maybe a slightly different weight towards lemon or lime?

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Can someone explain the difference between 7-up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, and Mountain Dew?  Aren't they all just lemon-lime sodas with maybe a slightly different weight towards lemon or lime?

7Up and Sprite have no caffeine, while Mountain Dew has a lot of caffeine.

Sierra Mist had no caffeine. I presume that Starry will be the same.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

7Up and Sprite have no caffeine, while Mountain Dew has a lot of caffeine.

Sierra Mist had no caffeine. I presume that Starry will be the same.

I remember being really surprised when I saw that there was a caffeine-free version of Mountain Dew, since when I was in college (pre-energy drink days) people would specifically get MD just for the caffeine boost (same with caffeine pills) to stay up all night studying... or "studying".  I had assumed that was the whole point of it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

7-Up, Sprite, and Sierra Mist are clear lemon-lime sodas. 7-Up makes you burp more than the others. Mountain Dew is a different soda altogether. It's neon-green, syrupier, and I think it includes orange juice concentrate as well as other citruses. It has also always been coded as downmarket, whether explicitly blue-collar or just gamers. There's no social implication to drinking Sprite that I know of.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/9/2022 at 9:54 AM, BBTV said:

The biggest issue with Sierra Mist is that is SOUNDS like a Mountain Dew knock-off when it's actually a Sprite/7 Up copy. They never seemed to find a groove logo-wise either. Makes sense they are dumping it and trying again.

• Like 4