Sierra Mist rebrand coming

kmccarthy27

On 1/11/2023 at 7:41 AM, Germanshepherd said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/11/business/starry-launch-sierra-mist/index.html

“Starting from a clean slate, Pepsi is positioning Starry toward younger drinkers (i.e. its Gen-Z-appealing slogan that infuses internet slang: "Starry Hits Different")”

Only about two and a half years late on that one buddy

it's bussin fr fr no cap!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • WOAH 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 1/10/2023 at 4:09 PM, Pharos04 said:

At my college, they use PepsiCo for their drinks, and one of my friends said "They replaced Sierra Mist with this knockoff!"

I only had Sierra Mist a few times, and I enjoyed it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png

On 1/16/2023 at 8:21 AM, GrayJ12 said:

At my college, they use PepsiCo for their drinks, and one of my friends said "They replaced Sierra Mist with this knockoff!"

I only had Sierra Mist a few times, and I enjoyed it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I was at the University of Maryland when they went from a Coke campus to a Pepsi campus. It was funny, despite being a Coke campus they had Pepsi machines around, like Coke did not mind. Pepsi took over, you could not find a Coke anywhere not even at on campus  convenience stores. Our McDonalds even served Pepsi, I think at that point only the 2nd one, the other being on Pepsi HQ property, did that. 

I had Starry Zero Sugar this weekend. It was good, its not 7up or Sprite by any means. Its very syrupy with a very different Lemon Lime soda taste. My friend mentioned he felt like instead of copying Sprite or 7up, they maybe thought how can we make a Pepsi-like Lemon Lime soda, as Pepsi is known to be Syrupy and have that kind of mouth feel. 

Hopping in on the "tried it" train. Graphics are nice. Name is a bit weird. Soda isn't much different from Sierra Mist. Maybe less distinctive than anything. I don't think they really nailed the flavor in the way they hyped it up to be. That being said, the logo is fantastic.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 10/28/2022 at 12:42 AM, rams80 said:

MOTHER :censored: ER

EDIT, anyway for a more constructive addition to the conversation, I wish they had gone ahead with this.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_(soft_drink) It was pretty good actually when I had it in one of the test markets.

I always wondered what happened to Storm. Turns out I was in one of the test markets.

Man, there were a lot of soda brands in the 90s that were named like arena football/indoor soccer teams... Surge, Kick, Jolt, Storm, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Milwaukee was a test market for Storm, so I had it in the summer of '99 at my grandpa's house. I remember Jar Jar Binks being on the can. I don't remember the taste. but the logo vaguely suggests dishwasher detergent.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just showing how much Pepsi really cares about their lemon lime sodas over the years. While I dont think Starry has hit fountains yet but my Taco Bell still has the Mist Twist sticker. They are gonna completely skip a brand.

• Like 2

Signature intentionally left blank

On 1/17/2023 at 12:09 PM, kmccarthy27 said:

Our McDonalds even served Pepsi, I think at that point only the 2nd one, the other being on Pepsi HQ property, did that. 

The first time I went to Las Vegas my friend & I stayed at Circus Circus, which served only Pepsi products. It had a McDonald's inside that also only had Pepsi drinks.

• Like 1

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On 1/17/2023 at 12:09 PM, kmccarthy27 said:

I was at the University of Maryland when they went from a Coke campus to a Pepsi campus. It was funny, despite being a Coke campus they had Pepsi machines around, like Coke did not mind. Pepsi took over, you could not find a Coke anywhere not even at on campus  convenience stores. Our McDonalds even served Pepsi, I think at that point only the 2nd one, the other being on Pepsi HQ property, did that. 

Marriott hotels traditionally serve Pepsi products and are pretty vigilant about enforcing it (I guess as a long-term :censored:-you to Coca-Cola for not giving them a loan back in the day when Pepsi did). I stayed at one once that had the usual array of Pepsi products in the front desk market, but also had Coke and Diet Coke bottles in there. I thought about calling corporate on them, not because I had an issue with it, but because I was curious if Marriott and/or Pepsi SWAT teams would mount up and storm the place.

• LOL 2