2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

Draft was rigged, they shouldn't have even been allowed to have draft picks, it's now more important than ever that the Chicago NHL team changes its racist logo, set 'em up, knock 'em down

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How the :censored: did the Coyotes get railed for something INFITESMALLY less terrible than covering up for a literal rapist and the Blackhawks get a :censored:ing generational talent for covering up rape for a DECADE?!

There better not be any more accusations of this league "coddling" the Coyotes after this bull:censored:. Actually :censored:ing unacceptable.

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

Just now, the admiral said:

Draft was rigged, they shouldn't have even been allowed to have draft picks, it's now more important than ever that the Chicago NHL team changes its racist logo, set 'em up, knock 'em down

Yep.  This is the hockey equivalent of Trump using a sharpie to draw a magical hurricane map.  

The Blackhawks deserved a death-sentence-esque period of disgrace.  It appears them losing Toews and Kane was too much for the shareholders to handle, so the NHL did what they felt they had to do, and, as per tradition, looks disgusting and corrupt in the process without a snippet of shame.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

How the :censored: did the Coyotes get railed for something INFITESMALLY less terrible than covering up for a literal rapist and the Blackhawks get a :censored:ing generational talent?!

There better not be any more accusations of this league "coddling" the Coyotes after this bull:censored:. Actually :censored:ing unacceptable.

go back to r/hockey

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Yawn 1

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

go back to r/hockey

I'm perplexed.  Are you a "You Beach scandal pansies are overreacting, :censored: off, all those players are gone now, blah blah blah" person?"

If so, that's a shame, but whatever, do you.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Did anyone else catch that ESPN announced Columbus got the #3 pick before going to commercial, then came back from break and revealed them to have the #3 card?

I was always under the impression these lottery shows were live. And since now we know it's probably not live, why didn't ESPN go back and edit the error? Either way, that was a complete slap in the face to C-bus fans.

6uXNWAo.png

6 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'm perplexed.  Are you a "You Beach scandal pansies are overreacting, :censored: off, all those players are gone now, blah blah blah" person?"

If so, that's a shame, but whatever, do you.

I'm glad the Hawks might be good again and I'm enjoying the mental anguish of a pervasively bad poster. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Yawn 1

Just now, the admiral said:

I'm glad the Hawks might be good again and I'm enjoying the mental anguish of a pervasively bad poster. 

Alrighty

• LOL 1

twitter

Everyone's always telling me to stop caring what The Discourse thinks about things. Well, people I know who aren't plugged into The Discourse do not care that some sub-90 got sucked off 13 years ago and are just happy that their favorite local hockey team is good again. What am I supposed do? get mad? I'll leave that to the Hurricanes fans.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Everyone's always telling me to stop caring what The Discourse thinks about things. Well, people I know who aren't plugged into The Discourse do not care that some sub-90 got sucked off 13 years ago and are just happy that their favorite local hockey team is good again. What am I supposed do? get mad? I'll leave that to the Hurricanes fans.

Ok

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

twitter

51 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Did anyone else catch that ESPN announced Columbus got the #3 pick before going to commercial, then came back from break and revealed them to have the #3 card?

I was always under the impression these lottery shows were live. And since now we know it's probably not live, why didn't ESPN go back and edit the error? Either way, that was a complete slap in the face to C-bus fans.

ESPN knows the order before it’s announced on live TV. It’s how Kevin Weekes has his historical notes lined up. 

The “lottery” (and the NHL’s business decisions associated with it) is done well before they go on live TV. The TV show is just the results. 

Chicago getting the first pick was definitely a Bettman decision. Generational talents in the Winter Classic era will always go to the bluebloods, and Bettman knows ESPN and TNT personalities will never question it. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

24 minutes ago, the admiral said:

This take stinks and your beef with the hurricanes is bizarre. 

41 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I may have caught that. Most Blue Jacketsy thing to happen since they lost a playoff game because Zach Werenski Malarchuking out of his face wasn’t enough to get a whistle against the Penguins. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

ESPN knows the order before it’s announced on live TV. It’s how Kevin Weekes has his historical notes lined up. 

I guess, but still doesn't explain why he was prompted to give away the Jackets pick before the card was shown.

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

I guess, but still doesn't explain why he was prompted to give away the Jackets pick before the card was shown.

Director/producer probably mistakenly said something in his ear. It was just a bad timing issue.  The cards that are unveiled aren’t stacked at random, and Weekes didn’t say anything inaccurate. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

54 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The “lottery” (and the NHL’s business decisions associated with it) is done well before they go on live TV. The TV show is just the results. 

Chicago getting the first pick was definitely a Bettman decision. Generational talents in the Winter Classic era will always go to the bluebloods. 

When Montreal won the draft lottery, there's a video of Gary Bettman consulting with the 3rd party who spun the balls, as he unenthusiastically announced the Canadiens as the winner.

This year, I haven't seen a video of the lottery spinner machine yet. Don't know if they'll ever release the footage.

• Like 1

I just don't get the ruling consistency; why the hell is skirting the combine rules an infinitely worse crime than an organization actively covering for a rapist for a solid decade? You'd think the team with the much more severe infraction would be the one getting the much more severe punishment here, not getting off with nothing and receiving a generational talent.

One team lost two picks for skirting draft combine rules, one team lost no picks and got a generational talent after covering up rape for a decade. I would think the latter deserves the far more severe punishment here, since it's the far more severe crime.

• WOAH 1

They were probably supposed to go to commercial before showing the third pick and Weekes read his copy early over the Bedard highlights footage so when they came back from commercial they decided to cut out the Blue Jackets card and jump straight into the top two.

It’s still really dumb that the card turning is pre-taped, while the show is live, and the lottery is done behind the scenes. It’s like they want it to look rigged. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

One team lost two picks for skirting draft combine rules, one team lost no picks and got a generational talent after covering up rape for a decade. I would think the latter deserves the far more severe punishment here, since it's the far more severe crime.

Well, one of those things directly has to do with the draft and the other doesn't, if that helps. The Hawks got fined a ton of money, they had to pay a hefty settlement on top of that, John McDonough is de facto banned for life, and Stan Bowman probably is too. Is that "getting off easy" because a first-round draft pick two years in the future wasn't involved? I don't know, maybe. But again, the wrongdoers are gone, and I know I didn't cover up any blowjobs.

Sorry that your quirky welfare queen team from 2000 miles away from your house didn't get the top player. I hope they lose their referendum tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1