22-23 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

22 hours ago, Cujo said:

If the NFL stands for Nor For Long, what's NBA stand for? Geez

Tyronn Lue fits in here as well just a few years earlier.

You can also throw last year's Finals runner-up, though he wasn't fired for basketball reasons.

23 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't actually think Coach Bud is an effective playoff coach, but I think firing him two weeks after his brother died is pretty :censored:ty. Plus, Giannis was hurt.

Hopefully they have someone else waiting in the wings, because that's a trash move.

Yeah, it seems harsh given the circumstances and his overall body of work. I guess you an argue that if he hasn't become a "good playoff coach" now, when will he? But the risk of firing a guy is that then you need to hire a new one and presumably you want an upgrade. This is not a given. It wasn't so long ago this Bucks team was going nowhere fast under the stewardship of Jason Kidd.

• Like 1

Every other day AD sure showed up today. +28 in 33 minutes with 25 points, 13 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 4 blocks. Lakers are up 26 with 9 to go in the 4th, so Davis' night is probably done.

Good lord.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I have the strongest feeling that the winner of LAL-GS is winning the Finals. No explanation really; just a hunch.

The problem with playing the Warriors is they might break AD's leg just for fun.

If Denver wins in 5, in officially scared of them. Otherwise, let's go nuts: 2020 Finals repeat but in front of people this time.

• Like 3

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If Denver wins in 5, in officially scared of them.

I think Denver wins in 6 over whoever wins between Lakers-Warriors. They are so good and a really bad match-up for both LA and Golden State.

However, there's a quirky little stat when it comes to Denver. Every time they've made the conference finals, they've always played the Lakers. They've only made the Western Conference Finals 3 times (1985, 2009, 2020) and the Lakers have been their opponent each of those years (the other stat you can take is that when the Lakers face Denver in the West Finals, they always win the title).

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

As far as I'm concerned, Jokic is a hero for shoving the Suns' billionaire owner back into his stupid seat.

On the other hand, you can't shove the fans. Jokic should probably be suspended for game 5.

29 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

As far as I'm concerned, Jokic is a hero for shoving the Suns' billionaire owner back into his stupid seat.

On the other hand, you can't shove the fans. Jokic should probably be suspended for game 5.

It shouldn’t matter if it’s a Billionaire owner or a spectator, Jokic shouldn’t have touched him if it was on purpose. But what I will say Izzo would be proud of the Ishbia flop 😂. I will say that the whole situation should’ve been handled differently. 

Regardless of the flop, that was a fantastic game and Jokic was excellent, but it was the fact that the Suns actually do have a bench and Monty actually used it. Being tied 2-2 I honestly think the series could go 7 games

24 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Yes.

24 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

No.

6uXNWAo.png

The owner doesn't count as a fan. Of course the new guy is the latest iteration on the Cuban/Ballmer model of sitting courtside and stirring up :censored: because he thinks people are there to see him. Banish owners back to the suites where they can watch their asset while sitting in the Scrooge McDuck bathtub of money or whatever.

• Like 1

The NBA needs to push all the fans back away from the court, especially the owners. The way the NBA lets its owners think they are larger than the teams is insane. When the Warriors won the championship and they started with 15 minutes of the owners holding the trophy and talking about how much they sacrificed to win this before Steph and Klay even touched the trophy, that was infuriating. 

• Like 3

jNTsTyQ.png

13 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

The NBA needs to push all the fans back away from the court, especially the owners.

The NBA: It's, Upon Further Consideration, Not Fan-Tastic

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

The NBA needs to push all the fans back away from the court, especially the owners. The way the NBA lets its owners think they are larger than the teams is insane. When the Warriors won the championship and they started with 15 minutes of the owners holding the trophy and talking about how much they sacrificed to win this before Steph and Klay even touched the trophy, that was infuriating. 

The Warriors are the most Annoying Rich Guy of all the Annoying Rich Guy owners, so that's not surprising. I'm glad I didn't watch it, because I don't need any more reasons to hate that franchises and the stereotypes of its fanbase.

EDIT: Also, good to see Jack Nicholson, but also maybe not so good to see Jack Nicholson.

• Like 2

Handing the trophy right to the players, or even the coach, would be such an easy fix to make and would get everyone off their back. People have been complaining about this since the days of Jerry Reinsdorf.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

25 minutes ago, Unocal said:

It's up to Philly to save us from another insufferable Heat/Celtics rerun

Well good news, the Celtics will never change their approach and try to scrap out a win if the threes aren't falling, so all Philly has to do is just show up and hope for two more bad shooting nights.

And when the Celtics do lose this way, their dopey coach will sit there afterward and go "uhhhhh well you see sometimes you just suck in this league". And then the dopey Lester Crest doppelgangers who cover and tweet about this pit of a league will back him up and spam "it's a make or miss league y'all, please stop with the results oriented thinking folx" until the dissenters get sick of it and move on with their lives. Moneyball ruined everything.