North American Pro Soccer 2023

Brian in Boston

46 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

MLS Cup playoffs are set. Meanwhile in the opening round of the USL Championship playoffs, Detroit knocked off Players Shield winners Pittsburgh. In the CPL its another Forge-Cavalry CPL final.

F9A2zoRWMAE8ZXF?format=jpg&name=large

FC Dallas will disappoint again

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

FC Dallas will disappoint again

We'll see. They have a history of giving Seattle big problems.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Went to the TFC game last night to see Bradley one last time. 

The mentioned his retirement, Gabe him some leeway when he substituted out (and he handed the arm band to Osario and held his arm up..almost as if to anoint him the new captain)  and, he took some time to say bye to the supporters after the game but it's really wasn't much. 

BMO was mostly dead but after a horrible season and a cold night, I didn't expect much. 

Bradley being gone really feels like the end of the MLS cup team despite them playing like it was over for a couple years. 

I'm curious to see what Herman will do but he has his work cut out for him

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Time out...so MLS has 29 sides, with San Diego onboarding soon to make 30...and 18 of those squads make the playoffs??? Thats 2/3 of the league! Shouldn't that be the other way around...if anything the top 1/3 make it in? Then again I've never really paid much mind to the structure or format of MLS; I just watch the games and support a side (CITY, in case anyone cares, since I was there from the start of that whole thing). 

Has MLS always had that big of a playoff field?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, tBBP said:

Time out...so MLS has 29 sides, with San Diego onboarding soon to make 30...and 18 of those squads make the playoffs??? Thats 2/3 of the league! Shouldn't that be the other way around...if anything the top 1/3 make it in? Then again I've never really paid much mind to the structure or format of MLS; I just watch the games and support a side (CITY, in case anyone cares, since I was there from the start of that whole thing). 

St. Louis CITY?

Fist-pumping GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

(Btw, this year they added the 9th seed in each conference. It was 8 before. Not sure how long that format was used before.)

MLS playoffs change every year. If you don't like this system, it'll be different next year. Don't worry.

Re: Bradley, tbh I thought he was gone years ago.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Re: Bradley, tbh I thought he was gone years ago.

He's missed the better part of the last 2 years with injury so it's possible that's why, in your defense.

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

17 hours ago, Dilbert said:

MLS Cup playoffs are set. Meanwhile in the opening round of the USL Championship playoffs, Detroit knocked off Players Shield winners Pittsburgh. In the CPL its another Forge-Cavalry CPL final.

F9A2zoRWMAE8ZXF?format=jpg&name=large

I wouldn't mind a St. Louis/Cincy MLS Cup, because we get a first time winner either way.  

6 hours ago, McCall said:

St. Louis CITY?

Fist-pumping GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Yes, that CITY. As I said, I was on board since before they even unveiled their identity and was fortunate enough to get ten toes down on the ground while they were building up all that, the stadium, the former pro shop and the current one across the street. So yeah, they're mine now. 😁

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Columbus and Orlando have also made the Champions Cup due to top 3 in the league finishes, long with FC Cincinnati, Houston Dynamo and Inter Miami who'd already qualified.

3 hours ago, McCall said:

St. Louis is in, too, as the top seed of the West.

New England is on standby, if one of those teams (excluding Miami) wins MLS Cup

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

On 10/22/2023 at 1:26 PM, tBBP said:

Has MLS always had that big of a playoff field?

MLS had 8 out of 10 clubs (80%) qualify for the playoffs in the League's 1996 inaugural season and 1997 season.

• Like 1