2023 North American Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

• 1 month later...

20230108_SAFC_RR_PrimaryKitUnveil_41_large.jpg

San Antonio FC have released a new home shirt. It's okay, but I think going with red instead of grey makes more sense. The star and the sponsor get lost in the stripes a bit. At least you can see the logos this year, since they ran with a blackout design last year. 

San Antonio FC embarrasses Austin FC at Toyota Field in the U.S. Open Cup

I also would have been happy with the 3rd shirt being moved to primary as well.

San Antonio FC debuts fiery new third kit

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Liga MX continues to set the gold standard for kits that look like NASCAR suits 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

20230108_SAFC_RR_PrimaryKitUnveil_41_large.jpg

San Antonio FC have released a new home shirt. It's okay, but I think going with red instead of grey makes more sense. The star and the sponsor get lost in the stripes a bit. At least you can see the logos this year, since they ran with a blackout design last year. 

San Antonio FC embarrasses Austin FC at Toyota Field in the U.S. Open Cup

I also would have been happy with the 3rd shirt being moved to primary as well.

San Antonio FC debuts fiery new third kit

I do like that red and black except for the Toyota White Square.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

San Antonio FC made a change to their home kit, with the benefit going to the sponsor so it is a little more legible than prior.

EDIT: Also a winners patch on the sleeve for San Antonio for being USL champions

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WBeltz said:

San Antonio FC made a change to their home kit, with the benefit going to the sponsor so it is a little more legible than prior.

EDIT: Also a winners patch on the sleeve for San Antonio for being USL champions

They should have gone with a gold star as well, the silver star gets lost in the stripes.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffanatics.frgimages.com%2FCompleteMailer%2Fimages%2FWFT%2FEML23_FAPS_1E_0308_CHARLY_SD.jpg&t=1678309923&ymreqid=6705fec8-a8af-7e74-1c3e-33015b01cc00&sig=AUSlJ8fKOa078gIrV_fgxQ--~D

New San Diego Loyal uniforms for 2023.

Is that the same shade of green in the word "loyal" in their crest? It seems quite a bit darker for some reason. 

I'd have preferred the Loyal lean more into the seafoam-ish green in the waves of the crest rather than that darker shade. 

• Like 1

Here are the 2023 kits for Halifax Wanderers FC of the Canadian Premier League: 

2023_kit-launch_square-1.jpg

2023_kit-launch_square-2.jpg

The club motto "Together From Aways" is embossed across the front and sleeves of the alternate kit. And the multicolor mosaic pattern — which "brings attention to the cultural mosaic of Halifax" — is also used for the names and numbers on the back.

FqtS_GSWAAER9Sw?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So will only the current champ have the number patch on the jersey sleeves?

Nope, any club that has won a title gets the "legacy patch," and there's a number in it if they've won more than one. (Currently Forge have won 3 of the 4 titles the league has handed out, with Pacific FC winning the other.) The current defending champions get a gold maple leaf above or below their crest on the chest. More info here: https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/03/16/cpl-honours-champions-past-and-present-with-new-jersey-badges/soccer/

• Like 2

I don't understand why the claw mark thing is there on Valour's secondary but otherwise, Macron continues to, as @bigred5050 said, pump out some really nice stuff. 

I constantly find myself saying "I gotta get that Forge jersey".

• Like 2

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I think it is safe to say that Hamilton will be ranked as the best jersey in all the CPL as long as they have Tim Horton's across the front.    Unless someone else has Bob & Doug McKenzie as their sponsor I don't think you can be more Canadian than that. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Jer15 said:

I don't understand why the claw mark thing is there on Valour's secondary

The article on the mothership says

These claw marks are a reference to the lion depicted on the Victoria Cross, which is the highest military honor awarded in Canada.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png