NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

9 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

aHR0cHM6Ly91bmQuY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBs

I always thought it was funny that they designed those Packer-style Shamrock Series uniforms for when the game was scheduled to be played in Lambeau Field but they had to reschedule because of COVID and it wound up in Soldier Field in Chicago, home of the Bears.

I thought the 2021 game was always planned for Solider Field and it was the 2020 game at Lambeau that got rescheduled to 2026.

They even put out a video explaining the Chicago connections for the uniform:

8 hours ago, Chicageaux said:

I thought the 2021 game was always planned for Solider Field and it was the 2020 game at Lambeau that got rescheduled to 2026.

They even put out a video explaining the Chicago connections for the uniform:

I've never seen the Chicago Flag stripes alluded to in that manner. The proportions are way off to begin with: the outer gold stripes are much wider that the inner section whereas on the flag the blue stripes are much narrower compared to the inner white portion.

flag-michigan-avenue.jpg

I think Occam's razor applies just compare the two pictures taken in the same stadium less than a month apart:

ap21269693503673.jpg

872ae6a0-e542-416e-9dfe-778741d3d62e-cen

I think it's far more likely that the 2022 Shamerock series uniforms were intended to evoke Chicago generally and the Bears specifically.

While gold is heavily associated with Las Vegas, look at the Prairie style details on the shamrock patch and how the rounded numbers evoke the Bears' rounded numbers in shape and proportion:

0059942-epvn-1280x720.jpg

573f1802-693c-4101-8bda-f9ed0e934cb9-Ful

C201108-A-Rookery-interior.jpg

032dd848972ea5f5053d4d6501cc4089.jpg

5b5c10f7fe06d31e77fe35c202238a79_XL.jpg

It resembles the Art Deco styling on the Bulls City Edition around the same time (different company but evoking a similar feeling about the city).

btscityjerseyshoot_-29.jpg

• Like 11
  • WOAH 1

I wish some of these teams that release throwbacks from the 80s would take the shorter jersey cuts of today into account and place the numbers on the shoulders instead of having tiny sleeve numbers (the Giants also have this issue). Also, selling Brady creamsicles is dumb when he never wore them.

Other than that, this uniform looks beautiful. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I've never seen the Chicago Flag stripes alluded to in that manner. The proportions are way off to begin with: the outer gold stripes are much wider that the inner section whereas on the flag the blue stripes are much narrower compared to the inner white portion.

flag-michigan-avenue.jpg

I think Occam's razor applies just compare the two pictures taken in the same stadium less than a month apart:

ap21269693503673.jpg

872ae6a0-e542-416e-9dfe-778741d3d62e-cen

I think it's far more likely that the 2022 Shamerock series uniforms were intended to evoke Chicago generally and the Bears specifically.

While gold is heavily associated with Las Vegas, look at the Prairie style details on the shamrock patch and how the rounded numbers evoke the Bears' rounded numbers in shape and proportion:

0059942-epvn-1280x720.jpg

573f1802-693c-4101-8bda-f9ed0e934cb9-Ful

C201108-A-Rookery-interior.jpg

032dd848972ea5f5053d4d6501cc4089.jpg

5b5c10f7fe06d31e77fe35c202238a79_XL.jpg

It resembles the Art Deco styling on the Bulls City Edition around the same time (different company but evoking a similar feeling about the city).

btscityjerseyshoot_-29.jpg

Until your post, I never actually realized how much the 2021 jerseys looked like the Packers. Clearly, their video explaining the uniforms is just their own version of "Nike speak," or in this case, "Under Armour speak." Watching the video and looking at your comparisons, the 2021 Chicago connection just seems shoe-horned in there.

• Like 3

My hope is they do what Miami is doing and have an “away” set of throwbacks down the line, so they can wear the home set and away set like the Dolphins do.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Chicageaux said:

Until your post, I never actually realized how much the 2021 jerseys looked like the Packers. Clearly, their video explaining the uniforms is just their own version of "Nike speak," or in this case, "Under Armour speak." Watching the video and looking at your comparisons, the 2021 Chicago connection just seems shoe-horned in there.

You’re right that they look like the Packers because it was supposed to emulate Green Bay’s uniforms. ND and Wisconsin were supposed to play at Lambeau in 2020 but covid cancelled it. They just reused the uniforms and “Under Armour” spoke it to match Chicago as much as they could

11 minutes ago, NH4 said:

You’re right that they look like the Packers because it was supposed to emulate Green Bay’s uniforms. ND and Wisconsin were supposed to play at Lambeau in 2020 but covid cancelled it. They just reused the uniforms and “Under Armour” spoke it to match Chicago as much as they could

Yep, that's what @Carolingian Steamroller said originally and I never put two & two together. I appreciate his explanation and examples! Don't want to continue to derail this thread, so back to the regular scheduled programming 😁

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I wish some of these teams that release throwbacks from the 80s would take the shorter jersey cuts of today into account and place the numbers on the shoulders instead of having tiny sleeve numbers (the Giants also have this issue). Also, selling Brady creamsicles is dumb when he never wore them.

Other than that, this uniform looks beautiful. 

Agreed, I'm surprised replica jerseys have not gotten smaller over the years, such as cutting off the the sleeves to more of a soccer jersey cut to emulate the game jerseys.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, infernoqueso said:

Agreed, I'm surprised replica jerseys have not gotten smaller over the years, such as cutting off the the sleeves to more of a soccer jersey cut to emulate the game jerseys.  

But they kind of did from Reebok to Nike. When Nike took over I was like these are more Mesh t-shirts than actual Jerseys, like you said soccer jerseys. I loved Reebok replicas. 

59 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

The Buccaneers should be allowed to wear those jerseys every game. They don't need any other jersey.

They can wear them three times but instead are choosing to wear them only once for a non-primetime game, which is why I feel like all this hype is excessive.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

They can wear them three times but instead are choosing to wear them only once for a non-primetime game, which is why I feel like all this hype is excessive.

I know. They should be allowed to wear them every game.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt