NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 1/10/2024 at 9:41 AM, spartacat_12 said:

Yes, but they had already switched to athletic gold at home by that point.

It was still an alternate, they just chose it to be the home uniform for the playoffs. It wasn’t the primary home uniform during the regular season.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dont care said:

It was still an alternate, they just chose it to be the home uniform for the playoffs. It wasn’t the primary home uniform during the regular season.

Wasn't that a "thing" in that era?  The Flyers introduced an orange throwback alternate, and (I think) wore it at home during the playoffs, then promoted it to primary the next season (despite keeping the dumb Edge road uniform, and keeping the old Edge home as an alt) before introducing the white throwback as permanent road and scrapping Edge altogether.

Seems like it was a bit of a trend for teams to slowly - but awkwardly - migrate away from the Edge designs (or in the Penguins case, the Edge designs and tan colorway.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Re: the Broncos...I'm curious as to whether they keep the navy or move closer to a more royal or pastel blue...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They really shouldn't. They're overthinking it if their idea is to "represent the snow-capped mountains with our heads" or something. NFL branding should not have that much thought behind it. Just look like the Denver Broncos. It's not hard.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2024 at 10:39 AM, gosioux76 said:

This is perhaps lost to history, but the Portland Trail Blazers changed to their iconic black-and-red sash uniforms after winning the NBA title in 1977. 

1976-77:

spacer.pngspacer.png

1977-78:

spacer.pngspacer.png

I'm old enough to have seen the road Reds in person in '77, and also the new road Blacks the following season in '78.

• TBGKon locked this topic