NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

17 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

The texans VP of marketing said a while back that there would be multiple helmets and 4 new uniforms: one traditional, one modern, one bull themed, and one with an h town blue nod. now that we know that will be a trim color only, my guesses:

new helmets: 1) white helmet with texans logo , 2) red helmet with bull horns (or vice versa red logo helmet and white with bull horns). out with navy helmets and embrace the bull theme. 

new uniforms: 1) more traditional navy, 2) more modern white, 3) red bull themed, 4) white with h town blue (oilers nod)

this aligns with hats they gave out to media at a sneak peek event last year: spacer.png

I would really appreciate it if they would swap navy and red in their color hierarchy. Looks like they won’t, but the logo will look better on a while helmet at least. 

9 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Washington also has a shade of red.

Side note: Bills and Falcons could both upgrade if they went back to red full-time

s-l960.jpgs-l1600.jpg

• Like 16
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Side note: Bills and Falcons could both upgrade if they went back to red full-time

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

The Bills look best with a white helmet and blue facemask.

spacer.png

The Falcons should wear red helmets full-time and retire the black ones for ‘90s alternates.

I think the Bills & the Falcons are two of the teams that could benefit the most from the recent elimination of the One Helmet Rule — I’d personally like to have the Bills primarily in red helmets, and the Falcons remain in black, but I’d be perfectly okay with the Bills having a white helmet option & the Falcons having a red helmet option for a few games a year.

• Like 1

I'm noticing the Titans barely use red in their uniforms.  That might be the Texans' workaround: to always use red with the light blue.  Of course a light blue jersey is out, but a white jersey with light blue numbers and red trim wouldn't conflict with the Titans.  I doubt the navy jersey would have a light blue trim because of the Titans.  

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Bills, more than anything else, need blue jerseys, white pants, red socks at home and white shirts, blue/white pants, and red socks on the road.

Whatever helmet does this the best should be the one they use. I'm leaning towards white, but the socks (as @Jer15 knows very well) matters most.

• Like 6

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

14 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

Bills, more than anything else, need blue jerseys, white pants, red socks at home and white shirts, blue/white pants, and red socks on the road.

Whatever helmet does this the best should be the one they use. I'm leaning towards white, but the socks (as @Jer15 knows very well) matters most.

An idea I just had: maybe a white helmet, but with a red facemask?

My main issue with the white helmet for the Bills is it makes them pretty close to the Colts, with them both having the same white/blue/white home combo, when they could really use (and have used in the past) more red.

The benefit of the white helmet, though, is that the logo stands out a lot better.

Maybe a red facemask on the white helmet, with the red socks like you mentioned, would be a good way to add some red while keeping the logo at its most visible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

s-l960.jpgs-l1600.jpg

The Bills are kind of a wash for me. I love their logo and think it looks fantastic on both the K-Gun helmets and the current. I give props to the current one for tapering the stripe width in the same manner as the stripe in the logo, but both are good. They definitely need more red in their current uniforms - they’d look way better if they hadn’t gotten red of the striped socks!

As for the Falcons, the Dan Reeves-era set is their aesthetic peak as far as I’m concerned. The red helmets are nice, especially with a red jersey, but the team looks more “right” to me with black helmets. I do think their primary helmet and primary jersey should be the same color, although there are many teams about whom I wouldn’t say that. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

s-l960.jpgs-l1600.jpg

side Side Note: those helmet renders are niiiice.

• Like 2

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

s-l960.jpgs-l1600.jpg

spacer.png

I'd like to see these or the dirty bird uni's thrown back to at some point.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The Falcons have never had a great uniform. The original with red helmets, black jerseys, and white pants was good enough, but pretty much an export of the Georgia Bulldogs. Something that attempted to be a real UGA/GT synthesis, not just a little gold strip of masking tape on the helmets, could be interesting, but then you're bumping into the Saints a little. The '80s red/silver was also good enough, and everything from Dirty South Raiders onward has been bad. Always gives the NFL in Atlanta a "we're here because demographically we have to be" vibe, to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Falcons have never had a great uniform. The original with red helmets, black jerseys, and white pants was good enough, but pretty much an export of the Georgia Bulldogs. Something that attempted to be a real UGA/GT synthesis, not just a little gold strip of masking tape on the helmets, could be interesting, but then you're bumping into the Saints a little. The '80s red/silver was also good enough, and everything from Dirty South Raiders onward has been bad. Always gives the NFL in Atlanta a "we're here because demographically we have to be" vibe, to be honest.

1) "The Falcons have never had a great uniform" 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqU_Hjogw_1K2Ko9f2JNRW5_IOUiTrYX8RdYA_nofsaw13iRlF 2020falconsuniform_alternate1966_courtesy.jpg

jenkins.jpg

2) "We're here because demographically we have to be" 

I'm sorry, but what? 

• Like 14

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

s-l960.jpgs-l1600.jpg

I agree. But I think the Bills facemask should be white, but the blue does make the Bills helmet pop.

The Falcons REALLY NEED red helmets instead of the Glanville black helmets. The BFBS Falcons look has gotten very old really fast. Red helmets and black jerseys would go well nicely.

29 minutes ago, jc... said:

The Falcons modern logo on a red helmet would look good.

Exactly what i was hoping for when they got their makeover a few years ago.

i-would-love-to-see-the-falcons-go-back-to-red-helmets-i-v0-0m3udhd6fjdb1.png?auto=webp&s=0855e909340dfa62dfabb7c4dafd06fa7e61dc73

• Like 16

6uXNWAo.png

25 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I know the red helmet is popular but I LOVED this look.

usa_today_17412506.0.jpg

This is the Falcons, pretty much, in my mind.

98falcons012_getty.jpg

GettyImages-498317.0.jpg

It wouldn't be as good nowadays because Nike doesn't believe in shiny uniform elements anymore, but I'd much prefer it over the constant ugly crap they've been shoveling out for 20 years now.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter