NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

I LOVE the silver helmet/pants Oilers. An awesome look for Houston in the "space age" and a team that plays in the Astrodome. Those three colors look so great together. I just happen to love the light blue helmets with white oil derrick a little bit more. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, timjameskohler said:

I LOVE the silver helmet/pants Oilers. An awesome look for Houston in the "space age" and a team that plays in the Astrodome. Those three colors look so great together. I just happen to love the light blue helmets with white oil derrick a little bit more. 

I wouldn't have minded if the Titans used a silver/grey/non-navy color helmet in the lead up to their new uniforms. Especially with the use of the grey on the shoulders. It would have made more sense since no other team in the AFC south uses silver and theres only 2 silver clad teams in the AFC (Raiders and Pats)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Was there a reason that the Texans didn't adopt the Oilers moniker? Was it held by the Titans (I know it currently is, but not sure if they told Houston no at the time)? Or just a matter of wanting to start fresh?

It was, unfortunately, always held by the Titans, because the NFL is super inconsistent on keeping together its  legacy franchises. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, timjameskohler said:

It was, unfortunately, always held by the Titans, because the NFL is super inconsistent on keeping together its  legacy franchises. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Because Bud Adams decided to be petty and refused to give up the Oilers moniker for reasons of ego.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 2

On 1/2/2024 at 11:59 AM, Brian E said:

any truth to the idea that the jets are getting new sets in 2024? jets fans on X seem convinced that because the five years are up and that everyone loves the sacks exchange throwback that they're going full-time throwback next year. one dude claims woody and christopher johnson basically confirmed that to him at a tailgate. lots of hearsay and inferences, but wondering if there's any truth to it?

Why would woody Johnson be at a tailgate? You think he would bother coming down from his ivory towers? There is nothing about them changing.

Just now, dont care said:

Why would woody Johnson be at a tailgate? You think he would bother coming down from his ivory towers? There is nothing about them changing.

both brothers often visit the metlife tailgates early in the day. the typical "man of the people" PR stuff. 

• Like 1

sig2024.png

The texans VP of marketing said a while back that there would be multiple helmets and 4 new uniforms: one traditional, one modern, one bull themed, and one with an h town blue nod. now that we know that will be a trim color only, my guesses:

new helmets: 1) white helmet with texans logo , 2) red helmet with bull horns (or vice versa red logo helmet and white with bull horns). out with navy helmets and embrace the bull theme. 

new uniforms: 1) more traditional navy, 2) more modern white, 3) red bull themed, 4) white with h town blue (oilers nod)

this aligns with hats they gave out to media at a sneak peek event last year: spacer.png

• Like 6

On 1/2/2024 at 12:13 PM, DCarp1231 said:

A darker shade would be fantastic as well.

spacer.png

That middle helmet is sex.

Pop the Red facemask on that mother.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Hurl 5
  • Huh? 3
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

That middle helmet is sex.

Pop the Red facemask on that mother.

White helmet all day long for me. Again, really don't like the middle one and the blue one is a good retro look but shouldn't be worn full time. But the white helmet is perfection.

• Like 4