NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I know the red helmet is popular but I LOVED this look.

usa_today_17412506.0.jpg

Yeah I actually prefer this look. Need to do the modernized dirty bird 

one on right is great

spacer.png

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

) "We're here because demographically we have to be" 

I'm sorry, but what? 

Despite the primacy of the SEC, Atlanta is the largest and most important city in the region and the NFL can't not be there.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Falcons got it right the first time, in 1966, but they didn't really have a bad uniform for a long time. Black helmets, red helmets, red jerseys, black jerseys -- the Falcons looked great right up until 2003 when the Reebok disaster struck.

Atlanta is ripe for a Bills-style modernization of the '66 uniforms, which are  extremely popular around here(I live an hour NW of Atlanta). There's a reason they wore them at home three times.

Keep the modern logo, throw in a set of red pants with the gold/white/black stripes and call it a day.

• Like 3

I actually really like the Falcons' current uniforms... *ducks*

I'd just slightly adjust the numbers, use "Falcons" or "Atlanta" instead of "ATL," and get rid of white socks.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Technically that isn’t the falcons current lids, their face masks are silver/chrome.

ATL made their helmet even worse. I forgot.

6uXNWAo.png

11 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I know the red helmet is popular but I LOVED this look.

usa_today_17412506.0.jpg

Yes, this is how pretty much how the Falcons should look.  

I prefer the 90-96 uniforms and silver pants, though I like the red outline on the 97-02 sleeve logo, which is what should be on the helmet.  The satin/matte finish on Atlanta’s black helmet looks great.

• Like 1

Also, I'm just gonna say it, I think this is my favorite Falcons uniform in general. It's nostalgic for me. Before switching to red at home, before Nike screwed it all up.

c3e6ff2c4d92f4d8139d992042e1650b.jpg

07-sept-2003-peerless-price-of-the-atlan

Also, they use to have black pants (with white striped socks!?) and it was great, they mothballed it after like two seasons or something. The removal of black pants along with Nike's template screwing it up really watered down their look.

ghows-LK-0248a48f-69aa-4e0c-bd0b-506007e

atlanta-falcons-quarterback-michael-vick

ghows-LK-93421646-79aa-4be7-bc1c-93e94d6

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 3

bSLCtu2.png

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Also, I'm just gonna say it, I think this is my favorite Falcons uniform in general. It's nostalgic for me. Before switching to red at home, before Nike screwed it all up.

Also, they use to have black pants (with white striped socks!?) and it was great, they mothballed it after like two seasons or something. The removal of black pants along with Nike's template screwing it up really watered down their look.

I'm kinda right there with you to a degree. (Also, Creamerite minions, take note: this dude screen-named "Old School Fool" favors a modern design over traditional designs in this instance. Just wanna point that out. ) I too particularly liked the black jerseys from that time. If nothing else, I felt those numbers should have carried over into the next branding life.

That said, if the Falcons follow trend and neo-traditionalize in their next branding life, I think they should decide a look based on pairing the 1966 home blacks with either the 1966 or 1970 road whites and definitely the 1970 reds as alternates:

bc0sbwnma97bx5n6smlz.jpg

531346ecf364eb8b8e6950df245ddbdd.jpg

42041470043ae4458767dace70ca82e8.jpg

2f8817a2bf3f1c812f1c5934d49e0ab8.jpg

(Note the difference in socks there)

Dave_Hampton.0.jpg

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I actually really like the Falcons' current uniforms... *ducks*

I'd just slightly adjust the numbers, use "Falcons" or "Atlanta" instead of "ATL," and get rid of white socks.

Yeah, tone down the number font, and resize the front badge and  just spell out Atlanta

With the Falcons, it’s weird because my favorite home look is Red/Black/White/Black and my favorite road look is Black/White with Red Numbers/Gray/Red. 

I’d love having different home and road helmets, but I don’t trust a modern NFL team to behave themselves with that. 

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 1/5/2024 at 9:35 PM, Old School Fool said:

(A) (Edit) I stand corrected, I checked GUD and they had those socks for one season in 2003. Huh.

(B) Any black pants/black socks combo is an automatic no from me. The black pants could've worked with the striped socks or the red socks that they paired with the red uniforms. But they simply don't with the black socks.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

(Also, Creamerite minions, take note: this dude screen-named "Old School Fool" favors a modern design over traditional designs in this instance. Just wanna point that out. )

It's funny you mention this because I think it's officially been 20 years since I made this account. I was 13 at the time and I'm 33 now. One of a handful of stupid usernames I came up with as a kid because I thought I was cool and at some point I decided to keep this one because I really appreciate the longevity of such stupidity.

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

Also, they use to have black pants (with white striped socks!?)

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

. The black pants could've worked with the striped socks or the red socks that they paired with the red uniforms. But they simply don't with the black socks.

The white-topped socks existed because of how the piping on the black pants terminates into a white stripe.  They were uni-conscious enough to know that a pants stripe like that should "flow" into the sock, therefore the black pants required socks that were white on the top.  Also wanted to avoid the leggings look, which wasn't as common back then.

One could argue if the pants stripe really matters - I don't think it does very much - but that was the thought process behind it.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

30 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The white-topped socks existed because of how the piping on the black pants terminates into a white stripe.  They were uni-conscious enough to know that a pants stripe like that should "flow" into the sock, therefore the black pants required socks that were white on the top.  Also wanted to avoid the leggings look, which wasn't as common back then.

One could argue if the pants stripe really matters - I don't think it does very much - but that was the thought process behind it.

See, that makes total sense. I’ve always felt that the pant stripe should flow into the sock. It’s why the Falcons’ lack of red socks with their current set bothers me so much. 

• Like 1

The Falcons’ 1968-70 sets with the red helmets, black numbers, and sleeve stripes are my favorite uniforms the team has ever worn. I like other sets, like their 80’s looks with red primaries, but I don’t anything since then has been all that great. I’m indifferent to all of their black jersey/black helmet looks, I strongly dislike their 00’s piping look (though it was the best piping disaster of that era by a mile) and their current uniforms are passable in the right combos but bad overall. I absolutely adore that they’ve brought back the red helmets for their throwback alternates, and would love to see red helmets incorporated into their primary uniforms, but they should definitely be leaning more toward modern elements with their uniforms than a throwback vibe. Bold colors, sharp lines, and angular numbers make perfect sense for them, and match their logo. Their current set has the general feel right in this regard, but fails on the application. Something like this would better suit that modern feel without being nearly as gimmicky.

Bo7M6XX.png

• Like 20

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns