NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

2 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

It's because the white is at the top like a snowcapped mountain. Dumb marketing speak, yes, but it also makes a degree of sense. 

I see it simply as a natural albeit immensely annoying expansion off of the recent "icy white" trend in the uniform advertising world. I'd expect to see this helmet on display quite a bit during this and future winter seasons, and I think it will likely be the basis for a more targeted snow-themed alternate when the Broncos eventually introduce new uniforms. (something along the lines of the Colts' "Indiana Nights" monstrosity, but hopefully less inclined to make me coat my eyes with bleach)

5 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

In Madden 24 they changed the uniforms up for the relocated teams you can have.

You can even bring back the Oilers and get mediocre uniforms that somehow avoid everything this forum hates yet still looks not great!

They also have a red primary jersey and needlessly changed the helmet to have a blue facemask instead. Funny.

pJICBXV.pngRfk5CGB.pngQB3CMZs.png

I think it would be funny if the Titans made them intentionally design these uniforms to be as ugly as possible so as to instinctively turn people off to a Oilers-style rebrand in Houston. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fouhy12 said:

They're taking one thing in Denver known for being white at the top (snowcapped mountains) and using the same terminology for a uniform that will also only be white at the top. That does make sense. 

Oh I get it, it’s just dumb. It’s a white helmet.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 5:26 PM, Ark said:

My reaction after reading that

Grandma-Finds-The-Internet.jpg

Carron is Zombie Deadspin's leading race warrior. You know it thrilled it him to lead off a column with the n-word.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

41 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Carron is Zombie Deadspin's leading race warrior. You know it thrilled it him to lead off a column with the n-word.

What in the hell was that opening lol? No wonder I stopped reading Deadspin 10 years ago. It's like he forgot the summer of 2020 happened.

What bothers me about calling them "snowcapped" helmets is that it would imply that only the top of them is white. If you want to call the full uniform snowcapped, that at least makes some amount of sense, granted it's still stupid, cringeworthy, and gimmicky like all these other fake color names, but whatever gets the fire emojis flooding the comments sections I guess?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

What bothers me about calling them "snowcapped" helmets is that it would imply that only the top of them is white. If you want to call the full uniform snowcapped, that at least makes some amount of sense, granted it's still stupid, cringeworthy, and gimmicky like all these other fake color names, but whatever gets the fire emojis flooding the comments sections I guess?

"The helmet represents the cap of the mountain. The mountain is the player."

-Nike

On 8/13/2023 at 10:45 PM, hormone said:

How many times did the jets wear green last year? They are probably last years cause they are in pristine shape still and will get worn the same amount this year. Plus isn’t the color green Nikes kryptonite?

Nike has many, many kryptonites: the color green; reflective pant fabrics; socks that are a different color from the pants; and, most notably, good taste. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Eyeroll 1

That helmet really is beautiful, not going to lie. The fact the horse is white and the color orientation between the logo and helmet stripe are agreeable, it's nice. 

Just would prefer the Broncos to look like the old Broncos, but this is not the worst of the alternates -- not close, in my opinion. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

That helmet really is beautiful, not going to lie. The fact the horse is white and the color orientation between the logo and helmet stripe are agreeable, it's nice. 

Just would prefer the Broncos to look like the old Broncos, but this is not the worst of the alternates -- not close, in my opinion. 

I agree. I love the white helmet. I just want a classy set to go with it. I think it would be a fantastic starting place for a uniform redesign for the broncos. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Honestly, if the broncos wanted to use that helmet after a rebrand and fill the white-orange-white gap In the uniform landscape that's been missing since the bucs dropped Bruce, I'd be completely fine with it     

I can't argue that, but I'm just so used to them being blue and orange.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

On 8/14/2023 at 10:34 AM, namefornamesake said:

I think it would be funny if the Titans made them intentionally design these uniforms to be as ugly as possible so as to instinctively turn people off to a Oilers-style rebrand in Houston. 

Like in Nacho Libre......"This is the worst lunch....I have ever had."

These went from boring for the last 10 years to WTF!!!!!!!!!!

All the number fonts look the same.

PersonDivided-2-1.png