2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

If you need to bring more colors into the fold (which I'm not averse to, the Spurs are not the Raiders or the White Sox), you have the fiesta tones right there. I don't see a need for gold.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 7/14/2023 at 12:48 PM, Lights Out said:

The Hawks and Rockets already coexisted with red and gold for a few decades, so it's not like that couldn't possibly happen again.

The Hawks will also change in a year or two. Partly because their current set is ugly, and partly because that's just what the Hawks do.

• LOL 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 6
  • Facepalm 1
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

If you need to bring more colors into the fold (which I'm not averse to, the Spurs are not the Raiders or the White Sox), you have the fiesta tones right there. I don't see a need for gold.

Fiesta doesn’t do it to me, I see it as an occasional one-off a la Miami Vice. Interesting per se, but too disconnected and not a colorway I’d like to have for a permanent look.

12 hours ago, ChiharuShiba said:

Wishful thinking here, but I'd like to see the Timberwolves incorporate (or just outright bring back) the Minnesota Muskies look into their City set.

I can see them (possibly) doing a throwback, but their '89-96 sets are basically an incorporation of the Muskies' plain set.

gettyimages_140144142_612x612.jpg

• Applause 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 7/17/2023 at 1:21 PM, the admiral said:

22 hours ago, truepg said:

Fiesta doesn’t do it to me, I see it as an occasional one-off a la Miami Vice. Interesting per se, but too disconnected and not a colorway I’d like to have for a permanent look.

I like the Fiesta colors.. It was always jarring when they had the Fiesta logo on their court and warmups and yet switch to black and silver. The 20-21 and 21-22 City editions were perfect.

yqD6Acr.jpg

ltox0HZ.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

I like the Fiesta colors.. It was always jarring when they had the Fiesta logo on their court and warmups and yet switch to black and silver. The 20-21 and 21-22 City editions were perfect.

yqD6Acr.jpg

ltox0HZ.jpg

Imagine how cool it would have been had they won a ring in either one.  Sure beats LeBron's black Cleveland alternate jersey.

4 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

yqD6Acr.jpg

I love the fiesta colors, but honestly ... I'd like the colors incorporated in their "Statement Jersey," especially one the style of the black one. Those are sharp. I'd just rather them stick to the black, silver and white for their more traditional look.

• Like 5

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

yqD6Acr.jpg

ltox0HZ.jpg

I loved the court they made for those too, and that second alternate uni, even though there should've been some more elements left black. The first uni, black one, felt like an afterthought with what came across as some existing script font just slapped on the jersey. Bad it wasn't, though. But all that, as said previously, for occasional use.

On 7/17/2023 at 9:11 PM, dont care said:

This isn’t the unpopular opinions thread

I don't like the Hawks uniforms. The striping on the side is too busy, the font is lifeless, not a fan of the white jersey saying "ATLANTA" instead of "HAWKS" and the logo on top of the stripes on the shorts looks like a sticker because the line width thickness doesn't agree with the stripes (the logo should be sitting on the front of the short leg where it can breath instead of on top of the stripes). 

NBA Rumors: Atlanta Hawks Open To Trading Notable Big Man In Exchange For  Two-Time All-Star

Going to a classic look was smart but they're pretty forgettable.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 5

5 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I don't like the Hawks uniforms. The striping on the side is too busy, the font is lifeless, not a fan of the white jersey saying "ATLANTA" instead of "HAWKS" and the logo on top of the stripes on the shorts looks like a sticker because the line width thickness doesn't agree with the stripes (the logo should be sitting on the front of the short leg where it can breath instead of on top of the stripes). 

NBA Rumors: Atlanta Hawks Open To Trading Notable Big Man In Exchange For  Two-Time All-Star

Going to a classic look was smart but they're pretty forgettable.

I'm a big fan of the way the black alternate handles the stripes:

64434fdcea8ac4.63124633.jpeg?w=2560&h=14

I wish the same treatment was used on the home and away.

• Like 14

ExJworW.png

5 hours ago, AJM said:

Not much here...but they're "in the building"

pretty large number and it seems to be centered. the sun stripe might be pretty small im guessing. also looks like they’re keeping that same exact trim. kinda wish they changed it up just to establish the new jerseys as more than just replacing the front design. but that’s just me nitpicking 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kimball said:

I love the fiesta colors, but honestly ... I'd like the colors incorporated in their "Statement Jersey," especially one the style of the black one. Those are sharp. I'd just rather them stick to the black, silver and white for their more traditional look.

The Spurs had the right idea incorporating the fiesta into warmups and stuff, but keeping the in-game uniforms all-business, which made sense for that organization. Of course, now, no NBA uniforms can be "all-business," unless you mean the business of selling superfluous crap.

• Like 12

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫