2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

I do like the “NBA Cup” Trophy, it’s a bland name but if it survives until it’s renamed it’s a decent enough trophy. The real atrocity is calling it the “In Season Tournament”, just call it NBA Cup like the trophy or even just The Tournament. In Season makes it sound even more worthless than it actually is

• Like 3
07Giants.pngnyy.png

3 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

I do like the “NBA Cup” Trophy, it’s a bland name but if it survives until it’s renamed it’s a decent enough trophy. The real atrocity is calling it the “In Season Tournament”

"In Season Tournament, brought to you by McCormick"

16 minutes ago, DJT said:

Do we know when the Suns are showing their new uniforms? I thought I saw fans/season ticket holders were getting a sneak peek sometime soon. 

I'm expecting them to drop/further leak by late July. One Reddit user said they were invited to an 'Exclusive Preview' on the July 23rd but that there was no cameras/phones allowed. Really hoping they do a nice job with the streaking Sun as the mockups have been all over the place.

The latest rumor is that Suns will be inside the burst lines.

Portland, Chicago, Toronto, and Houston are all starting to look wayyyy too similar at a glance with their identical color red/black/white schemes. Because Portland and Chicago have a longer history with red and black, I think its on Toronto and Houston to switch things up. You could even throw Atlanta into this mix. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

Portland, Chicago, Toronto, and Houston are all starting to look wayyyy too similar at a glance with their identical color red/black/white schemes. Because Portland and Chicago have a longer history with red and black, I think its on Toronto and Houston to switch things up. You could even throw Atlanta into this mix. 

And Miami!!!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

8 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

I agree with you,  but I can't see the Raptors changing anytime soon. They seem pretty set to keep using the red/black/white as the primary look, while mixing in the black & gold, throwback/purple, and blue/white Huskies looks through the city jersey program. 

9 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

i always felt like at least one of them should go for a direct red-and-white look. especially the raptors. i think it's ironic that they based their entire brand around a jersey that was in red and white... i also think it fits best for them as the canada flag is red and white as well. and just in general red and white has a really a fresh look that I think fits the them best. 

2019 NBA Finals: What if this is the future for the Raptors and Kawhi  Leonard? - Raptors HQ

as for the rockets, they were originally red and grey before their jersey rehaul in 2019. red and grey was at least something a little different even if it wasn't eye catching. but like many, they went for red and black. i really wanted them to go back for the red and yellow look but they missed that opportunity and surely enough the hawks got their hands on it. i think it would be neat if the rockets went for a red and dark-red look that we got a glimpse of a few years back. much more of a cleaner and unique contrast in my opinion. 

James Harden Hits Game-Winning 3 Over Warriors to Complete Comeback

• Like 9

11 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

Who would even confuse the Bulls and Blazers for anybody else? They have some of the most iconic uniforms in the league. You see it and you know.  

The only issue is the Rockets uniforms which are quite boring and lack character for a team themed on outer space. You would think they would look cool, obnoxious or have some pop (yellow?) but instead they look boring.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

as for the rockets, they were originally red and grey before their jersey rehaul in 2019. red and grey was at least something a little different even if it wasn't eye catching. but like many, they went for red and black. i really wanted them to go back for the red and yellow look but they missed that opportunity and surely enough the hawks got their hands on it. i think it would be neat if the rockets went for a red and dark-red look that we got a glimpse of a few years back. much more of a cleaner and unique contrast in my opinion. 

I think adding a bit of yellow trim to the two-tone red jersey would be ideal for Houston. If the yellow is minimal like it was on the championship set that should keep them from looking too much like Atlanta. Similar to how the Chiefs & Commanders are able to have distinct looks.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

100% agree with you, and I think the league in general needs less blue and red as primary colors

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SantosD_ said:

100% agree with you, and I think the league in general needs less blue and red as primary colors

The problem here is that most of the teams that are blue and red dominant have always used those colors. Why should they change just because other teams also use that color scheme? Change for the sake of change rarely leads to worthwhile results, IMO.