2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

19 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

I came across a post online talking about the Jazz and Clippers being in line for new unis for the '24/25 season. After a brief look at the user's previous posts, it does seem that they have some kind of relationship with Nike (to the point that they would know things like this). The Clippers will have been sticking with their largely unchanged (and sub-par) logo/jersey package for nearly a decade at that point, so it makes sense to release new unis once they move into their new arena. Also, as everyone knows, the Jazz have gotten nothing but pushback on the highlighter unis, so it also makes sense for them to change soon.

FWIW this is a fairly tame assertion that we have all could have assumed by now, but it does seem like it's more likely to happen than not.

Well the Jazz will finally get to wear these alternate uniforms this season. Assuming they're a hit with the fans I'd expect the team to use them as the basis for the new set.

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

This point is even more confounding. The design element that's the point of contention is the basketball more than the sun. And unless the Suns are now playing in the ABA, the color of it shouldn't be in question. 

Well, on it's own it's really not an argument, since it's normal for NBA teams to have basketballs in their logo package that are rendered in one of their colors. But, as one of several essential arguments supporting this case, it is obvious.

I think a lot of the problems in question also could've been solved if the SUNS wordmark wasn't so honkin' huge. Shrink it by 10 percent and it would be a more comfortable fit if you must go the route of putting it inside the burst. A lot of the early unofficial mockups following the leaks seemed to have suggested the wordmark would be smaller, and though that turned out to be inaccurate, it looked fine in said mocks.

On 2023-08-04 at 12:53 PM, gosioux76 said:

And it holds up! That's what's remarkable about it. It could just be the nostalgia talking, but that '90s set doesn't feel like a '90s set. 

Agree with this, and will note that just because a design is "very 90s" doesn't make it bad! Gives it a huge handicap, sure, but even the wackiest of design eras can be recognized successfully. 

Of course they cashed in whatever good design karma that had garnered them when it came time to switch to their '00s set....

f30e1e95648b37b5425a825c35872649.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Well the Jazz will finally get to wear these alternate uniforms this season. Assuming they're a hit with the fans I'd expect the team to use them as the basis for the new set.

spacer.png

i'd hope so. that is a really nice uniform that still captures the spirit of the classics very well. the Utah wordmark is really nice too im surprised they never made one (or did they?) up until now. its always been just Jazz from my knowledge. now that they have two wordmarks in their arsenal and an original design coming up; i can't see why they wouldn't want to make a full set based on these. but then again how often do teams have an alternate they like so much they turn it into a set? i know the raptors did a couple years ago. but they probably wouldn't have done that if they didn't win the championship

• Like 1

4 hours ago, truepg said:

The ray spikes surrounding the ball are indeed purple (with an orange outline),

The ray spikes are not purple.  They are light-dark orange, on a purple background.  Why would rays come to a point at the ball (like the purple does) as opposed to 1) actually be touching the ball, and getting thinner as they get further away?

807_phoenix-suns-wordmark-1993.gif

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

The ray spikes are not purple.  They are light-dark orange, on a purple background.  Why would rays come to a point at the ball (like the purple does) as opposed to 1) actually be touching the ball, and getting thinner as they get further away?

807_phoenix-suns-wordmark-1993.gif

The rays that were talked about were the ones surrounding the ball on the new jerseys in particular, not the actual streak/tail you are referring to.

• Like 1

Aside from this being the first bona fide Sunjack in the history of the Creamery—and possibly all of humankind—this back- and- forth is starting to approach gray-facemask/__F__S territory now...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The rays that were talked about were the ones surrounding the ball on the new jerseys in particular, not the actual streak/tail you are referring to.

gotcha. The picture in the post where the comment was made about purple rays was from the ‘90s jersey, hence the confusion. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i still wouldn’t consider them as the rays though. otherwise the purple trail would be pointing away from the sun as how all sun drawings are generally depicted. i see the purple as just negative space instead of actually the sun itself. i mean that’s exactly what it is for the original sunburst. it still seems the same here except the part of the sun that surrounds the ball now has purple filled in with an orange outline. which i guess you can argue would be the rays now but then the trail part contradicts that

10 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

I'm not gonna lie, I love the highlighter branding but - mama mia, these right here are perfection

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

Aside from this being the first bona fide Sunjack in the history of the Creamery—and possibly all of humankind—this back- and- forth is starting to approach gray-facemask/__F__S territory now...

It’s got a long way to go before it’s a Canuckjack or a Duckjack.

8 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

i still wouldn’t consider them as the rays though. otherwise the purple trail would be pointing away from the sun as how all sun drawings are generally depicted. i see the purple as just negative space instead of actually the sun itself. i mean that’s exactly what it is for the original sunburst. it still seems the same here except the part of the sun that surrounds the ball now has purple filled in with an orange outline. which i guess you can argue would be the rays now but then the trail part contradicts that

If we're going that deep, the orange spikes in the streak are just a speed trail of color left behind by the streaking ball. The spikes surrounding the ball is the actual "shine" which is the rays. Just to make it clear.

If the streaks on the left are "speed trails", does that imply that it's a "shooting" star, which is actually a meteor and not a sun?

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

If the streaks on the left are "speed trails", does that imply that it's a "shooting" star, which is actually a meteor and not a sun?

I guess if we’re getting technical the sun is classified as a star… meteors are not 😂😬

edit: I’m realizing i basically paraphrased what you said. For emphasis.. er something

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |