2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

1 minute ago, Digby said:

It's interesting to me how people apparently don't care but they have to post in the sport's thread about how they don't care.

It's a thread about logos and uniforms. I care about logos and uniforms. Mind your business.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

NBA teams need to bring back some color variations on arm sleeves/accessories:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Teams also need more sock variations, they used to do special socks for the city jerseys but after the 2020 season they went basic on them.spacer.png

Also, tired of the black socks with the white stripe instead of having the stripe match the team color. Here's the Lakers from tonight, the socks should have a purple or yellow stripe, since there's barely any white on the unis.

spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 10

Wolves classic jersey's don't look as good as I was hoping on the actual court, the green really kinda falls right into the blue, and it doesn't really have contrast or stand out, and they look a bit bland as a result. Definitely good, but it's really on close ups and replays you can kinda see the green, which I thought stood out amazing on those promo pics. That said, on the broadcast, they got a ton of love from A-Rod, and it's been a bit more then 5 years, so hopefully a return to that look, or something like it, could come soon? I'm with the current set, but their a bit bland, and despite the (compared to the rest of Wolves history) relative success in them, don't seem to have been embraced much. I still think a grey + lime green is the way to go, like their current statement one, which I think is probably the 3rd best jersey in team history, but I don't think others agree, lol. 

• Like 1
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

On 11/21/2023 at 7:39 PM, MackAttack said:

Teams also need more sock variations, they used to do special socks for the city jerseys but after the 2020 season they went basic on them.spacer.png

And before this the NBA had a short lived contract with Stance where every NBA team had sock designs for home/away/alternate. I loved it.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2015/09/18/nba-and-stance-begin-to-reveal-team-colored-socks-for-upcoming-season/basketball/

RETAIL_APPAREL_150429869_AR_-1_JQEIRZGNP

• Like 9
  • Love 2

bSLCtu2.png

On 11/21/2023 at 8:35 AM, SantosD_ said:

spacer.png

Getting real tired of the "rolled up waistband" look. Can the multibillion dollar sports league let these guys tailor their short length to their liking? It looks terrible

spacer.png

• Like 4

18 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

Getting real tired of the "rolled up waistband" look. Can the multibillion dollar sports league let these guys tailor their short length to their liking? It looks terrible

spacer.png

They can and they do, this is purely a fashion statement like the undershirt skirts in the nfl.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 4:43 PM, tscuzzy said:

hahahahahahahahaha they're high school girls rolling their Soffe shorts!!

• LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 11/24/2023 at 3:43 PM, tscuzzy said:

spacer.png

I have several pairs of nba shorts and all of them the internal side of the waistband is super uncomfortable. I roll it like these just to avoid it. 

On 11/21/2023 at 4:35 PM, SantosD_ said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

On 11/22/2023 at 4:39 AM, MackAttack said:

Also, tired of the black socks with the white stripe instead of having the stripe match the team color. Here's the Lakers from tonight, the socks should have a purple or yellow stripe, since there's barely any white on the unis.

spacer.png
spacer.png

Totally agree. I remember when nike era started and lockervision images started to show up, i was kinda disappointed, but even a classic jersey like the celtics green, with green accessories and socks was sooo good.

On 11/23/2023 at 6:25 AM, Old School Fool said:

And before this the NBA had a short lived contract with Stance where every NBA team had sock designs for home/away/alternate. I loved it.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2015/09/18/nba-and-stance-begin-to-reveal-team-colored-socks-for-upcoming-season/basketball/

RETAIL_APPAREL_150429869_AR_-1_JQEIRZGNP

I remember them, some of them were pretty nice, but nike did it slightly better.

• Like 1