2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

1 hour ago, MauriceMorris13 said:

wait what buck city ed are you talking about, i can think of the blue one honoring the lake, but i don't see the similarities, beside the blue color, and obviously the lake inspiration.

I guess he mean same City as you which is this:

2020-21_cityedition_igportrait_image7_10

And yes it is far away from Wolves except inspiration.

4r2eer.png

14 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

You know, I seem to remember possibly the Lakers equipment manager or someone else with the team talking about this change for the Lakers and they said they heard fan complaints and were looking into it.

They haven't done anything about it since despite the constant complaints from us Lakers fans so it's clear to me they either like the banana yellow or Jeanie Buss is colorblind or something.

Well her father would call their purple forum blue, so that’s a possibility 

On 10/5/2023 at 4:41 PM, Conrad. said:

2023/24:
BLACK - 14
WHITE - 2
GRAY - 0
NAVY - 4
OTHER - 10

After spending a while looking at all the leaks and info from various sources this seems to be the color makeup of the upcoming city class:

(* means leaked photos, ~ means officially released, all others are based off posts from Conrad and other people that have provided reliable info)

ATL: Black

BOS: Off-white

BKN: Black ~

CLT: Teal

CHI:  Black *

CLE: Light red

DAL: Black *

DEN: Black

DET: Black *

GSW: Black *

HOU: White *

IND: Black *

LAC: Navy *

LAL: Black *

MEM: Black *

MIA: Black *

MKE: Blue *

MIN: Blue ~

NOLA: Black

NYK: Blue *

OKC: Navy

ORL: Navy

PHI: Navy

PHX: Purple *

PDX: Black

SAC: Blue *

SAS: White *

TOR: Gold *

UTA: Purple ~

WSH: Black *

Only a few developments here, but it should provide y'all with a little bit of information that wasn't floating around the boards yet.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fortunat1 said:

After spending a while looking at all the leaks and info from various sources this seems to be the color makeup of the upcoming city class:

(* means leaked photos, ~ means officially released, all others are based off posts from Conrad and other people that have provided reliable info)

ATL: Black

BOS: Off-white

BKN: Black ~

CLT: Teal

CHI:  Black *

CLE: Light red

DAL: Black *

DEN: Black

DET: Black *

GSW: Black *

HOU: White *

IND: Black *

LAC: Navy *

LAL: Black *

MEM: Black *

MIA: Black *

MKE: Blue *

MIN: Blue ~

NOLA: Black

NYK: Blue *

OKC: Navy

ORL: Navy

PHI: Navy

PHX: Purple *

PDX: Black

SAC: Blue *

SAS: White *

TOR: Gold *

UTA: Purple ~

WSH: Black *

Only a few developments here, but it should provide y'all with a little bit of information that wasn't floating around the boards yet.

20/30 are black, navy, or white. 21 if you count Boston’s off-white (which should be decent). Props to the Raptors and anyone else who is actually making an effort to be remotely creative. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Well her father would call their purple forum blue, so that’s a possibility 

It was Cooke who originated Forum Blue term since he loved Purple as a color but don't like Purple as a name for that color.

4r2eer.png

37 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

It was Cooke who originated Forum Blue term since he loved Purple as a color but don't like Purple as a name for that color.

That’s so silly. Heck, Frank Sinatra didn’t mind wearing pink, and he was Frank Sinatra. There’s nothing inherently wrong with any color. 

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

That’s so silly. Heck, Frank Sinatra didn’t mind wearing pink, and he was Frank Sinatra. There’s nothing inherently wrong with any color. 

Rich ppl can be especially quirky, eccentric and/or superstitious. Not all of them are, obviously, they just get more media coverage when they divulge their thoughts.

I saw that the Houston Rockets changed their profile picture to this for a couple of days before reverting back to the normal primary logo. It's likely nothing, but does anybody have insight as to what this is?

385835802_863176385169601_46730763554227

It feels like branding for an app

• Like 6

spacer.png

3 hours ago, henburg said:

I saw that the Houston Rockets changed their profile picture to this for a couple of days before reverting back to the normal primary logo. It's likely nothing, but does anybody have insight as to what this is?

Pushing the reset button again?

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

This is the best pic I could find, since the TV angle (purposefully?) obstructs it, but the celtics moved Red's signature down to the very bottom of the court, in favor of the TD garden logos being relocated from the baselines.

8 hours ago, JELKK said:

This is the best pic I could find, since the TV angle (purposefully?) obstructs it, but the celtics moved Red's signature down to the very bottom of the court, in favor of the TD garden logos being relocated from the baselines.

Da pluck is that? Why they did that? Look so wrong. Arena logos on baselines was a Celtics thing.

Better photos of Pistons:

Suns:

Warriors:

That underline under numbers on Warriors looks like a Captain mark in Volleyball

Jazz Shorts:

F7nEbyIWoAA_rmj?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 6

4r2eer.png

9 hours ago, JELKK said:

Why is the jumbotron using the 80's logo? Is it back as an alternate logo now?

boston_celtics_logo_primary_19759952.png

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Da pluck is that? Why they did that? Look so wrong. Arena logos on baselines was a Celtics thing.

Better photos of Pistons:

Suns:

Warriors:

That underline under numbers on Warriors looks like a Captain mark in Volleyball

Jazz Shorts:

F7nEbyIWoAA_rmj?format=jpg&name=large

Sometimes I wish blank NBA jerseys were available for purchase and you won't have to worry about a player getting traded.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:22 AM, henburg said:

It feels like branding for an app

As most of us in the Rockets circles expected, it's just part of the marketing campaign for this season.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Parsons is my dude.