2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

All I would want from the Cardinals are as follows:

Add TV numbers to the white jersey.

Add the Cardinal head logo to the sleeves of the red jersey while dropping or reducing the ARIZONA mark.

Add the Cardinal head logo to the hip of the red pants.

Mix and match the white and red pants with frequency, pairing contrasting socks therewith.

Honestly that's it. I like the red-silver-red Northwestern stripes. I like the idea of the red jersey and pants being stripeless. I like the silver outline on the red jersey and the black outline on the white jersey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Casual fans will like pretty much any uniform a team hypes up enough. If they posted a promo video for a Barry Sanders throwback I'm sure they'd get a lot of good responses too.

Exactly. I’m not saying it’s a good look, it’s a horrible look. But this other dude was on his high horse giving a lecture about “posting made up crap”. It’s not that deep, a lot of fans like the look. A lot of kids, fans, rock that same look when they’re playing HS or younger ball. 

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, the_grateful_ted said:

Exactly. I’m not saying it’s a good look, it’s a horrible look. But this other dude was on his high horse giving a lecture about “posting made up crap”. It’s not that deep, a lot of fans like the look. A lot of kids, fans, rock that same look when they’re playing HS or younger ball. 

I mean my point was that you shouldn't be citing "social media fan reaction" as a way to gauge how nice a uniform is. Most fans will love anything their team releases. If they wore blue socks last night or added a stripe to their white pants it's not like casual fans would suddenly revolt. Most of them wouldn't even notice a difference.

It's like saying, "My hometown is a great city", and when asked for evidence you say that a rock star said so during their concert.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I mean my point was that you shouldn't be citing "social media fan reaction" as a way to gauge how nice a uniform is. Most fans will love anything their team releases. If they wore blue socks last night or added a stripe to their white pants it's not like casual fans would suddenly revolt. Most of them wouldn't even notice a difference.

It's like saying, "My hometown is a great city", and when asked for evidence you say that a rock star said so during their concert.

We’re saying the same thing 

38 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

As the guy whose post started all this, I never once said it was a good look. I just said it’s popular on social media and that the team is likely going to keep a similar option when they switch over. I think it’s an awful look.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CS85 said:

Gimme some blue socks and I'm actually pretty OK with Lions going white on white.

Some blue stripes on the pants would also be great. But I actually said that last night - with blue socks they’d look okay. Not as good as with blue socks and silver pants, but baby steps. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Some blue stripes on the pants would also be great. But I actually said that last night - with blue socks they’d look okay. Not as good as with blue socks and silver pants, but baby steps. 

Stripes would be much easier, football players wear damn white tights at almost every level. My HS kids are wearing tights. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The Bears are the only team left who hasn't revealed their jersey games, among the teams who release uniform/jersey info. Who usually gives out their uniform schedule.

Before they do I'll take a guess on their third and fourth jersey games. I'm guessing that Chicago wears orange jerseys against the Panthers for their Amazon Prime game. Maybe at Tampa, like what they did at Miami in 2018. As for their white throwback uniform, the Broncos, Panthers, and Falcons game can be ruled out for that. The possibilities for the white throwback games are one of the NFC North opponents, the Raiders, and the Cardinals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

The Bears are the only team left who hasn't revealed their jersey games. Who usually gives out their uniform schedule.

Before they do I'll take a guess on their third and fourth jerseys. I'm guessing that Chicago wears orange jerseys against the Panthers for their Amazon Prime game. Maybe at Tampa, like what they did at Miami in 2018. As for their white throwback uniform, the Broncos, Panthers, and Falcons game can be ruled out for that. The possibilities for the white throwback games are one of the NFC North opponents, the Raiders, and the Cardinals.

My guess for the throwback is Week 6 vs. Minnesota, but I would love to see it vs. Detroit for the first time. They've worn it against Minnesota several times and Green Bay once.

32 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

The Bears are the only team left who hasn't revealed their jersey games, among the teams who release uniform/jersey info. Who usually gives out their uniform schedule.

Before they do I'll take a guess on their third and fourth jersey games. I'm guessing that Chicago wears orange jerseys against the Panthers for their Amazon Prime game. Maybe at Tampa, like what they did at Miami in 2018. As for their white throwback uniform, the Broncos, Panthers, and Falcons game can be ruled out for that. The possibilities for the white throwback games are one of the NFC North opponents, the Raiders, and the Cardinals.

My prediction:

Week 1: Packers - Classic Navy over White
Week 2: @Bucs - Classic Navy over White (Bucs in white)
Week 3: @Chiefs - Classic White over Navy
Week 4: Broncos - Retro White over Navy
Week 5: @Commanders - Classic White over Navy
Week 6: Vikings - Classic Navy over White
Week 7: Raiders - Orange over White with Orange lids
Week 8: @Chargers - Classic White over Navy
Week 9: @Saints - Orange over White with Orange lids
Week 10: Panthers - Classic Navy over White
Week 11: @Lions - Classic White over Navy
Week 12: @VIkings - Classic White over Navy
Week 13: BYE
Week 14: Lions - Classic Navy over White
Week 15: @Browns - Classic White over Navy
Week 16: Cardinals - Classic Navy over White
Week 17: Falcons - Classic Navy over White
Week 18: @Packers - Classic White over Navy

These are based as much as the timing in the season as anything. The Bears have tended to favor October for orange and something around the first quarter season mark for a throwback game (they previously wore them in Weeks 3 (2022), 6 (2021), 15 (2021), 14 (2020), 4 (2019), 14 (2019). They have worn them late in the season but usually in years when they're worn twice. Cardinals game would be a good candidate, though. Entirely possible they swap out an orange game to wear throwbacks against Arizona.

13 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Seems like orange pants are almost automatic at this point for division games. Aside from when the throwback is used. 

Really wish they would have switched back to the white facemasks permanently. 

Thought for sure this would be a white pants game this early in the season for a 1pm kickoff. These were the only two games with the current uniforms that they didn't choose orange pants for, both in 2021:

1358636669.0.jpg

hy4rpsn6ijaspd79zvdp.jpg

I am so glad the 49ers only ever wear white pants with the throwback uniforms and never play the mixing and matching game. Niners players aren't great about wearing their socks properly, but the gold pants ensure that there will always be contrast between the pants and socks.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Thought for sure this would be a white pants game this early in the season for a 1pm kickoff. These were the only two games with the current uniforms that they didn't choose orange pants for, both in 2021:

1358636669.0.jpg

hy4rpsn6ijaspd79zvdp.jpg

They have yet to wear that combo against Pittsburgh. Cleveland seems to like wearing orange pants with the brown jersey against an AFC North rival.

Who was the last non AFC North rival the Browns wore the brown jersey and orange pants combo against?