2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I despise this orange helmet. Mostly because I hate it paired with the orange jersey.  Nothing about it feels like the bears. 

In my opinion it isn't even a bad look -- it's fine, it has proper contrast between jersey, pants, and socks. It just does not look like the Bears in any way, shape, or form.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, ruttep said:

In my opinion it isn't even a bad look -- it's fine, it has proper contrast between jersey, pants, and socks. It just does not look like the Bears in any way, shape, or form.

Outside of not looking like the Bears, I feel like there's a better balance of the navy helmet and orange jersey. The Orange helmet makes it look so top-heavy. Especially without the navy socks.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 16

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

I post this all the time but the key flaw of the Bears' orange jersey is the white numbers. White numbers on an orange jersey is exactly what the Broncos, Bengals, Bucs, and even the Browns for a while (wow the team names all start with B). 

When the Bears originally wore orange jerseys in the 1930's and then again in a throwback game in 2004, the numbers were navy blue outlined in white. That is how they should look:

apaajkceoeqcsfr6vzwe.jpg

And if you're curious what they would look like with the iconic rounded numerals, something like this:

FgPpzA5.jpeg

• Like 11
  • WOAH 1

I was guessing that Chicago could wear orange in Tampa. I didn't think they would do it.

Last time Jacksonville didn't wear white jerseys at home was in 2010. I would like to see the Jaguars wear teal pants with the white jersey like they did against Arizona in 2021, for the week 3 game against the Texans. 

Buffalo isn't wearing white for the home opener now. But they did it in the preseason against IND. I don't get that. This being the case, hopefully they cut down on the obsession with the all blue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I post this all the time but the key flaw of the Bears' orange jersey is the white numbers. White numbers on an orange jersey is exactly what the Broncos, Bengals, Bucs, and even the Browns for a while (wow the team names all start with B). 

When the Bears originally wore orange jerseys in the 1930's and then again in a throwback game in 2004, the numbers were navy blue outlined in white. That is how they should look:

apaajkceoeqcsfr6vzwe.jpg

And if you're curious what they would look like with the iconic rounded numerals, something like this:

FgPpzA5.jpeg

Now that you say this, you are spot on. Also, i hate the shoulder stripes on the current orange jersey. They get so muddled up with the white-blue-white pattern. The ones you posted above are definitely better with the simplified shoulder stripes. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

apaajkceoeqcsfr6vzwe.jpg

FgPpzA5.jpeg

Disagree.  Brutal on the eyes.

Only justification would be to match the logo on the Orange helmet.

All around, the Bears have a traditional look that, due to the logo, colors, and font, just hasn’t aged like most of the other traditionally-dressed teams.  The Orange alt jerseys & helmets are truly a mess and just don’t work.

I actually think they’d benefit greatly from a modest update.  They’ve been a doormat since the late 80’s.  Move to a new look and retain their general current design as a Throwback.

• Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Explain this heresy. 

Haha, yeah that’s about what the response I imagine I’ll get from this suggestion.

The problem is that Orange and White are too similar, tonally.   There’s not enough contrast.  They compete.  It just creates problems with Navy.

Their number font is dainty.  It’s dated. You’d never put it on a new uniform design.

So, the first thing I’d do is change the font to the 1-color block font they use on their most recent throwbacks.  White on the Navy jerseys, Navy on the White jerseys.

I’d drop the outline on the C logo altogether and move to a Satin finish on the helmet.   I’d add an Alt helmet:  Matte White shell, Navy facemask, single 1” Navy stripe, Orange 1-color C logo.  Maybe even make that the primary helmet.  Maybe consider using the Bear logo on it.

I’d retain the sleeve stripes & color pattern from the current White jersey and copy it to the Navy jersey in Orange/White/Orange.   I’d drop the GSH from the sleeves and just wear it as a left chest patch.   I’d consider adding small stars to the striping pattern on the set to tie into Chicago’s flag.

Pants might have a single stripe to match new Alt Matte White helmet.   Otherwise, might be plain White, Bear logo on front right hip opposite Swoosh (EDIT:  can’t do this, NFL Shield logo is there).  Navy pant would be optional and only worn with White jersey and would be plain, no striping (EDIT: same as Throwback pant).

Striped socks would mirror jersey sleeve stripes; a set of Navy with Orange/White/Orange stripes and a set of Whites with Navy/Orange/Navy stripes.

All off the top of my head here, I’m in the middle of the 7-hour drive from Atlanta back to Orlando.

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Haha, yeah that’s about what the response I imagine I’ll get from this suggestion.

The problem is that Orange and White are too similar, tonally.   There’s not enough contrast.  They compete.  It just creates problems with Navy.

Their number font is dainty.  It’s dated. You’d never put it on a new uniform design.

So, the first thing I’d do is change the font to the 1-color block font they use on their most recent throwbacks.  White on the Navy jerseys, Navy on the White jerseys.

I’d drop the outline on the C logo altogether and move to a Satin finish on the helmet.   I’d add an Alt helmet:  Matte White shell, Navy facemask, single 1” Navy stripe, Orange 1-color C logo.  Maybe even make that the primary helmet.  Maybe consider using the Bear logo on it.

I’d retain the sleeve stripes & color pattern from the current White jersey and copy it to the Navy jersey in Orange/White/Orange.   I’d drop the GSH from the sleeves and just wear it as a left chest patch.   I’d consider adding small stars to the striping pattern on the set to tie into Chicago’s flag.

Pants might have a single stripe to match new Alt Matte White helmet.   Otherwise, might be plain White, Bear logo on front right hip opposite Swoosh.  Navy pant would be optional and only worn with White jersey and would be plain, no striping.

Striped socks would mirror jersey sleeve stripes; a set of Navy with Orange/White/Orange stripes and a set of Whites with Navy/Orange/Navy stripes.

All off the top of my head here, I’m in the middle of the 7-hour drive from Atlanta back to Orlando.

You're describing turning the primary home jersey into the Packers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

You're describing turning the primary home jersey into the Packers.

Similar, but not identical.  Sleeve stripe pattern, specifically the spacing, is different.  

Overall, not a bad thing.

Basically what I’m calling for is taking the throwback uni and removing the stripes on the yoke, updating the helmet, and matching the sock stripes to each jersey.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

You're right there.

USATSI_18864531.jpg

usa_today_21391489.0.jpg

I was highly critical of this choice also.  Their thicker, single-color block numbers on their original White Color Rush jerseys are far superior.  They essentially kept their prior number font, which sucked.  So this still sucks also.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1