2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

22 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

This Eagles Pats game is brutal. Looks like a preseason game. I can’t stand the Eagles in all-white.

Yeah, I'm confused as to why the eagles didn't wear green pants. Especially when you consider the fact that they have worn all white the last couple match-ups vs the Pats.

• Huh? 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As great as these are, I feel their current full-time set is a really nice modern update to this look, and that this serves perfectly in the role it is in now:  as a throwback.  

When teams nail an alt throwback this well, and have a strong standard look, I'd be in favor of them being able to drop Color Rush to wear these more often during a season.  

Goes back to my argument that each team should have a Home/Away throwback set, which would give us the opportunity for Throwback vs. Throwback Classic Games, almost weekly.  Give me this Vikings look vs. White Dolphins Throwbacks, or an Away version of this uniform against the Chiefs in Red/White.  Perfecto.

Vikings look great pretty much no matter what.  Low-key have one of the best overall looks in the league.

P.S.  Firm believer in the satin finish of the helmet being a huge part of what makes both their standard and throwback looks so good.

• Like 18

14 hours ago, Nick72Phins said:

Yeah, I'm confused as to why the eagles didn't wear green pants. Especially when you consider the fact that they have worn all white the last couple match-ups vs the Pats.

Patriots should be fined every week they don't wear Grey pants.  It should be the only pant they wear, period.

Eagles are badly due for an overhaul.

Bills are going to trot out in their ugly ass Blue pants tonight.  Another team that should be fined for wearing anything but White pants.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 2

13 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Rams look so nice in white over blue. Not as good as bone over blue, but it's a nice second best.

Too bad they ruin it by wearing Blue socks.  If there ever was a time to wear White socks, this is it.

Quite frankly, they should always wear Gold pants with the White jerseys.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

Dolphins-Chargers looks BRILLIANT.

64fe471c20196.image.jpg?resize=1396,958

Have I remarked how that particular Charger uniform might be my favorite in the league? No? Okay, well let me remark it now: that particular Charger uniform might be my favorite in the league. (In fact I'm quite certain it is.)

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

As great as these are, I feel their current full-time set is a really nice modern update to this look, and that this serves perfectly in the role it is in now:  as a throwback.  

When teams nail an alt throwback this well, and have a strong standard look, I'd be in favor of them being able to drop Color Rush to wear these more often during a season.  

100% concurred.

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Goes back to my argument that each team should have a Home/Away throwback set, which would give us the opportunity for Throwback vs. Throwback Classic Games...

Also agreed with this, especially since I'd LOVE to see the road equivalent of this Vikings throwback...

• Like 11

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Patriots should be fined every week they don't wear Grey pants.  It should be the only pant they wear, period.

Eagles are badly due for an overhaul.

Bills are going to trot out in their ugly ass Blue pants tonight.  Another team that should be fined for wearing anything but White pants.

I like the blue pants. The blue pants are honestly not the problem.

Bills need to bring back red socks full time. Home and road. Home: Blue jersey, white pants, red socks. Away White jersey, blue pants, red socks.

Absent red socks though, fully agree. and blue pants/jersey should never happen

• Like 4

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Too bad they ruin it by wearing Blue socks.  If there ever was a time to wear White socks, this is it.

Quite frankly, they should always wear Gold pants with the White jerseys.

Yeah, to echo what you said about the Patriots only needing to wear gray pants, the Rams just need the one pair of yellow-gold pants, home and road.

(I'd personally burn every pair of pants the Seahawks wear other than their gray, too.)

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

14 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

I like the blue pants. The blue pants are honestly not the problem.

Bills need to bring back red socks full time. Home and road. Home: Blue jersey, white pants, red socks. Away White jersey, blue pants, red socks.

I always thought the Bill's early 80's red socks were a great little quirk. One of those things that logically shouldn't work but somehow does. It be in favor of bringing it back. (Of course, I'm in favor of pretty much anything that creates contrast between the pants and socks.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I always thought the Bill's early 80's red socks were a great little quirk. One of those things that logically shouldn't work but somehow does. It be in favor of bringing it back. (Of course, I'm in favor of pretty much anything that creates contrast between the pants and socks.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

It works because it's in the perfect colour balance for the Bills. They're a blue primary team(jersey or pants are blue), followed by white(pants/jersey) and then red as a third colour(socks, the smallest part of the uniform)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Personal opinion:  this look is too bottom heavy.  It’s not the socks, which I like…it’s the helmet.

Yet another reason why they should consider bringing back the Red helmets.  At that point, though…White pants are the only need.

Hot take incoming: the Falcons uniforms continue to grow on me. I really think if they just didn’t include white socks in their rotation (and go with red socks whenever they go white jersey/black pants), they wouldn’t have any bad combos. I didn’t even mind the gradient jersey once I saw it in action, I’m kind of sad they don’t have any sort of red jersey option at the moment.

Tweak the number font a bit, and go with “Atlanta” and/or “Falcons” on the main home & road jerseys, and they’d have a pretty much perfect set.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 1