2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

18 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

There's something goofy with the coloring on the one on the right (just look at the pants stripes!) but the one on the left is how the OGs looked IRL.  The green was darker - especially the helmet.  The Eagles I saw last night were not the same as the ones they were throwing back to.  The helmet was enough to bring it down.  Not that it wasn't a good looking uniform, just not very accurate as far as throwbacks go.

And the NOB font is jarring if you grew up with the original.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

There's something goofy with the coloring on the one on the right (just look at the pants stripes!) but the one on the left is how the OGs looked IRL.  The green was darker - especially the helmet.  The Eagles I saw last night were not the same as the ones they were throwing back to.  The helmet was enough to bring it down.  Not that it wasn't a good looking uniform, just not very accurate as far as throwbacks go.

And the NOB font is jarring if you grew up with the original.

I know what you mean. There was something a little more "dead" about the kelly green that the Eagles used in the 80s/90s. It wasn't dark green/forest/hunter/whatever. It was still kelly green. But the throwbacks (both these and the ones they wore in 2010) are a very vibrant shade, compared to what they were throwing back to. And I agree: I certainly don't think it was a bad uniform. I would prefer them to wear these throwbacks to what they currently wear, in fact. But they definitely looked different from what Randall Cunningham et al wore.

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

I feel like tonight would’ve made way more sense for Minnesota’s throwbacks than a random opening day 1pm game, but I still don’t hate what I’m seeing. The Vikings use this combo very sparingly, so it’s tolerable to see once per season as they generally do.

Annoying that they used it for the playoffs last year, but I agree.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I don't have the numbers in front of me right now, but the Bucs have definitely been wearing white pants more often in the 2.0 version of these uniforms than they did in the 1.0 version. In the past, white pants rarely showed up outside September, whereas they're worn often these days.

In terms of at home only:

2020 - weeks 1 and 4

2021- weeks 2 and 4

2022 - weeks 3 and 5

I guess what I was saying is week 7 seems kind of late for them to go all white at home compared to previous years, since week 5 had been the latest since the brand refresh. As a person who gets stuck with a lot of Bucs games on TV locally it seemed abnormal, but maybe not.

• Like 1

ClAFLDa.png

19 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

What if they called them Tennessee Oilers throwbacks?spacer.png

They only wore the blue tops a total of two (2) times in their two seasons as the Tennessee Oilers. And both instances were on the road: at Miami and at Dallas. So they wouldn't have much of a connection with these throwbacks anyway.

ClAFLDa.png

16 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Put the eagle head logo on the sleeves.

How about this? (maybe except it’s kelly green)?
spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • LOL 2
  • Meh 2
  • Dislike 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

21 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

They only wore the blue tops a total of two (2) times in their two seasons as the Tennessee Oilers. And both instances were on the road: at Miami and at Dallas. So they wouldn't have much of a connection with these throwbacks anyway.

I've always wondered was there ever an explanation for them wearing white at home those first two years in Tennessee? Besides "heat".

On 10/23/2023 at 10:51 PM, Pigskin12 said:

I feel like tonight would’ve made way more sense for Minnesota’s throwbacks than a random opening day 1pm game, but I still don’t hate what I’m seeing. The Vikings use this combo very sparingly, so it’s tolerable to see once per season as they generally do.

Agreed. I can live with this ONCE per year. The color rush, though, needs to die and hopefully adding the throwback has finally put it out to pasture.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

12 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Agreed. I can live with this ONCE per year. The color rush, though, needs to die and hopefully adding the throwback has finally put it out to pasture.

Following suit with the Dolphins, 49ers, and Giants of having a home & away throwback set would be fantastic for Minnesota.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Following suit with the Dolphins, 49ers, and Giants of having a home & away throwback set would be fantastic for Minnesota.

And honestly, that would make the most sense for them. They don’t have too many other eras to throw back to and the Color Rush is only slightly different than the normal mono-purple. Give me the UCLA-stripe away unis to wear at Detroit and Chicago. Perfection. 

• Like 2