2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

23 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Miami wearing all white. Shameful and disappointing.

Seems like a case of “We lost to the Bills and Eagles in aqua pants, which means it’s bad luck, so let’s stick with the combo we’ve been beating all the bad teams in.”

Team should always show off their colors for international games. The Dolphins are known for their aqua, yet it’s barely visible outside of the jersey numbers.

18 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Seems like a case of “We lost to the Bills and Eagles in aqua pants, which means it’s bad luck, so let’s stick with the combo we’ve been beating all the bad teams in.”

Team should always show off their colors for international games. The Dolphins are known for their aqua, yet it’s barely visible outside of the jersey numbers.

If they would just go back to wearing aqua socks with white jerseys/pants, they’d look fine. But a team from Miami, of all places, has jumped on the 🥶 🥶 🥶 trend. So dumb. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Just noticed how the 4 on the Chiefs jerseys have a tiny sliver of jersey color on the inside of the number. What’s the point? Mildly infuriating stuff.

spacer.png

I think it's better than the alternate approach to tiny spaces within the uniform numbers:

spacer.png

• Like 9

12 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Hmm, I actually had to find photos comparing the Reebok and Nike versions of green and I must say they’re definitely different. Since I’m not a Jets fan, I never directly noticed the difference until just now, but I could totally see why some fans wouldn’t like that change, especially being the primary color. I guess it’s like the Saints gold issue where the fans don’t like the shade of it (hence the khaki comparison), but tbh the Reebok gold was the same color, just shiny. That’s what Saints fans seem to dislike so much. But it’s not like one was completely and noticeably different unlike the Jets.

You don't appear to be getting what I'm saying.

The issue isn't really the shade of green. The issue is more how that shade of green manifests on a jersey that is disliked. If the 98-18 jerseys or if this season's Sack Exchange throwbacks were in this current green, I don't know if this discussion is happening.

It's also a bit of a self fulfilling discussion because the Jets keep wearing the whites at home. Like I said before, I can't speak to the organization's decisions to wear the whites so much. Looking back through the Gridiron Uniform Database, they didn't wear the whites at home all that much until the last two seasons.

And yeah, could be lighting as you say or the different materials, but to me it’s always been pretty noticeable.

It is the different materials. Like I also said, I don't think anyone is denying the Jets jerseys and helmets don't match, I'm saying that hasn't yet been stated as a reason for not wearing the green jerseys.

Green has been an especially hard colour to match across different brands and the different materials used for different equipment. Nike has had trouble with the Jets green for the jerseys and they were the ones that created the jerseys. Riddell paints the helmets and their closest shade of green paint doesn't exactly match what Nike has for the fabric. 

The Minnesota Wild have different coloured green helmets depending on what brand of helmet a player uses. You can also see the jersey, the pants and the gloves are also slightly different greens as well. Different materials handled by different brands.

USATSI_19342908_168390100_lowres(1).jpg.

It's just a current manufacturing issue with the colour green.

Unfortunately since I’m new here I’m not sure how to include images, or else I’d be able to show examples. I’ve tried, but no luck so far. Maybe some help lol.

Just post the url of the image directly into your post and it should automatically appear.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

4 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

I’m so sick of the Falcons in all-black. White pants would’ve looked so much better today, but they seem to save that for road games these days.

Sounds just like me with the Saints lol.

But I’ve always thought the Falcons really could’ve used gray pants with their new set. Gray/silver pants would’ve made their silver face mask make more sense. Also, they should’ve kept red as their primary color. It made them so recognizable vs. all the other black colored teams.

21 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Also, they should’ve kept red as their primary color. It made them so recognizable vs. all the other black colored teams.

There’s just as many red teams as there are black teams. 

Red: Cardinals, 49ers, Commanders, Chiefs, Buccaneers 

Black: Saints, Steelers, Bengals, Raiders, Panthers (who should use their blue as primary anyways)

The Falcons are the only black primary team with red as an accent color, where two red teams use black as an accent color. 

I guess the shade was unique for the Falcons, but it wasn’t eye catching enough for me to think it had to stay as the main color. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience