2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

My first time posting on here.

I feel like the Saints don’t get a ton of attention, at least as much as I think they should. As a life long Saints fan, our current state of uniforms kills me as much as it does y’all I’m sure. I hate how much we’ve become a mono-heavy team. Just like this week, it would’ve been perfect for us to go gold/black/gold against the Bears, but no of course we had to go all-black AGAIN. Idk what our hatred of the gold pants is, but it’s clearly our best look that hardly exists anymore… smh

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

My first time posting on here.

I feel like the Saints don’t get a ton of attention, at least as much as I think they should. As a life long Saints fan, our current state of uniforms kills me as much as it does y’all I’m sure. I hate how much we’ve become a mono-heavy team. Just like this week, it would’ve been perfect for us to go gold/black/gold against the Bears, but no of course we had to go all-black AGAIN. Idk what our hatred of the gold pants is, but it’s clearly our best look that hardly exists anymore… smh

Seems like the black on gold is only worn sparingly against the Bucs and Panthers, which sucks. I was really hoping they’d break it out against Chicago.

• Like 2

One of my first posts was how your beloved Saints have one of the single most boring looks in the league.

New Orleans is one of the most colorful cities in the nation, and their most common combinations are: khaki/black/black (home), khaki/white white and khaki/white/black(away). No stripes on the pants. They’re brilliant throwback now  has an inexplicable Seahawks homage black helmet.

This forum may be divided on the Buccaneers/Dolphins/Oilers, but CERTAINLY we can agree that the Saints looked better in 1967?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Seems like the black on gold is only worn sparingly against the Bucs and Panthers, which sucks. I was really hoping they’d break it out against Chicago.

Gold pants are always worn for preseason games. As for the regular season, typically the black over gold is worn for road games where the opponent wears WAH (at TB, at at CAR are the most common). Of course this season they went all-black at CAR on MNF. As far as at home, it’s a literal crapshoot. It used to be worn for home games vs. AFC opponents, but we’ve quit that now. Sometimes it was saved for the final home game (which was often vs. CAR). Now it’s just literally at random. And then we lose that said game and the gold pants never see the light of day again for the rest of the season. In 2021 though, I feel like we were starting to actually wear the gold pants more and more since we started winning, but that didn’t last long… 

2 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

One of my first posts was how your beloved Saints have one of the single most boring looks in the league.

New Orleans is one of the most colorful cities in the nation, and their most common combinations are: khaki/black/black (home), khaki/white white and khaki/white/black(away). No stripes on the pants. They’re brilliant throwback now  has an inexplicable Seahawks homage black helmet.

This forum may be divided on the Buccaneers/Dolphins/Oilers, but CERTAINLY we can agree that the Saints looked better in 1967?

You’re exactly correct. It’s maddening how much we go with boring, plain combos. It’s always “icy” ❄️ and BFBS. And the worst part is that the fans have grown used to it and love it. Only a few of us traditionalists prefer the gold pants. I’d say this is definitely the worst the Saints have probably ever looked in history. I can’t wait for new uniforms, just nothing insane. We need to go back to our rich shade of old gold (like the throwbacks and color rush). And we need stripes. We’ve turned into the Jaguars.

And yes, while our current shade of gold is khaki-like or champagne, the Saints have actually used this shade of gold for some decades now…

Edited by kaleb_girod
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Chiefs or Raiders hopefully. 

The Chargers would be good too. Them in the yellow pants with the white jerseys playing the Seahawks in the throwbacks would be fantastic. 

19 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Unless the Seahawks fall off a cliff the rest of the season, it will probably be Chargers or Chiefs

If Seattle doesn't get one or either of KC or LAC, they'll get them in 2026. There's still a lot left in the season. The 49ers aren't running away with the NFC West like people thought they would. The Rams aren't as bad as they were projected to be. Seattle could finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd place. Then on the AFC West side KC hasn't been all that impressive. The Raiders will either be the same or get worse with Antonio Pierce now as HC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

This is disgraceful. Stop listening to young players who have no knowledge or common sense about what looks good. And maybe stop wearing white at home for night games.

Perhaps maybe Woody J should not have listened to the temptations to add an all-black uniform...then perhaps neither NYJ, their fans, or the rest of we viewers wouldn't even be discussing this. 

(For the record, I actually kinda like NYJ's look, as obviously templated as it is...minus the mix-and-match of the black pants.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Perhaps maybe Woody J should not have listened to the temptations to add an all-black uniform...then perhaps neither NYJ, their fans, or the rest of we viewers wouldn't even be discussing this. 

(For the record, I actually kinda like NYJ's look, as obviously templated as it is...minus the mix-and-match of the black pants.)

I also hate that the black jersey and pants are a thing for the Jets, but do we wonder if the Jets rarely wear the green jerseys because it doesn't match the helmet green?

45 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

This is disgraceful. Stop listening to young players who have no knowledge or common sense about what looks good. And maybe stop wearing white at home for night games.

Teams should listen to it's players on most matters. The Jets are in shambles, let them find something good within themselves here. You may not like it but sometimes this stuff is bigger than "I wanna wear X."  Look good, feel good, play good. That's the mentality.

If they feel good then whatever, as long as it's doing the job for them mentally.

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, kaleb_girod said:

I also hate that the black jersey and pants are a thing for the Jets, but do we wonder if the Jets rarely wear the green jerseys because it doesn't match the helmet green?

As a Jets fan I can tell you the fanbase hates the green. Whenever Woody tweets about uniforms everyone moans and groans everytime we are set to wear green. I assume the only reason we wore them vs the Eagles was oddly so they could not claim our color at home? Just speculation. Lets just hope we bring back  the 80s set full time. Personally the only aspects of the current uniform I dislike is the "new york" on the front and the pant striping.

• Huh? 1

IMO, the jets uniforms are not that bad. The colors are nice. Things they could do to make them more enjoyable would be 1) wear green more often, you know like your unofficial nickname gang green 2) throw white socks in the dumpster. Wear black socks with green pants and green socks with white or black pants.

• Like 3
KISSwall09.jpg

27 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

As a Jets fan I can tell you the fanbase hates the green. Whenever Woody tweets about uniforms everyone moans and groans everytime we are set to wear green. I assume the only reason we wore them vs the Eagles was oddly so they could not claim our color at home? Just speculation. Lets just hope we bring back  the 80s set full time. Personally the only aspects of the current uniform I dislike is the "new york" on the front and the pant striping.

Sounds exactly like the Saints. The fans and players seem to hate our gold color which is why I strongly believe we don’t wear the gold pants much anymore. If that’s the case, I don’t understand why it’s so hard to just update the uniforms and team colors to adjust the shade of gold. The gold we used to wear years ago was beautiful.

And I also don’t think that the Jets uniforms are necessarily bad either. They’re not crazy and over the top like some other Nike redesigns were. I don’t like how the helmet green color is off though or how prominent the black has become over the green. The Jets should ALWAYS be a green team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

As a Jets fan I can tell you the fanbase hates the green. Whenever Woody tweets about uniforms everyone moans and groans everytime we are set to wear green.

I’m very intrigued and curious about this. Is it green in general that they hate, or the particular shade as opposed to other greens? Or something else about it?

This is all 100% coming from a place of pure curiosity, as I’m mostly just surprised to hear of a team’s traditional primary color that gets flak from its fanbase. I haven’t heard many cases of that before and would love to understand why that is (or see if I’m misunderstanding this altogether, which is totally possible haha).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m very intrigued and curious about this. Is it green in general that they hate, or the particular shade as opposed to other greens? Or something else about it?

This is all 100% coming from a place of pure curiosity, as I’m mostly just surprised to hear of a team’s traditional primary color that gets flak from its fanbase. I haven’t heard many cases of that before and would love to understand why that is (or see if I’m misunderstanding this altogether, which is totally possible haha).

If I had to guess, green is the "boring" or "safe" option. All white is "🥶🥶🥶" and black jerseys/pants are "🔥🔥🔥". There probably is an element of morale to it, where trend-hopping makes them feel stronger or something. I don't know. This is all speculation, but that's the sense that I get from how players and fans react to uniforms on social media.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ruttep said:

If I had to guess, green is the "boring" or "safe" option. All white is "🥶🥶🥶" and black jerseys/pants are "🔥🔥🔥". There probably is an element of morale to it, where trend-hopping makes them feel stronger or something. I don't know. This is all speculation, but that's the sense that I get from how players and fans react to uniforms on social media.

I think you nailed it. Same exact thing with the Saints gold vs. the all-black and all-white.

• Like 2

The funny thing to me about the all-black or all-white uniforms is that they don't even accomplish their stated goal of being "special". It's hardly even a "trend" at this point; it's just the norm now.

When 90% of football teams in the country have an all-white and an all-mono look... what's so special about yours?

• Like 3