2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

48 minutes ago, Cujo said:

If/when the Titans cosplay as the Oilers again, they gotta center that helmet decal better.

USATSI_21769582.jpg

That's more the fault of the helmet manufacturers than anything. There isn't room to move the decal up on the helmet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Those slate blue Seahawk jerseys were some of the most lifeless in the league. Unique does not automatically mean good.

At the time, these "lifeless" unis were a big upgrade from the dated gear Seattle was wearing prior.

Shaun-Alexander-2.png

9 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Their current navy isn’t unique or good.

Do you know the actual definition of unique?

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

8 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I do. The slate blue was unique in this league. Navy blue is not. What part did I get wrong?

Ohh you're talking colors, not the actual uniform. But what other team wears hot green and WoLf GrAy?

6uXNWAo.png

22 hours ago, Sport said:

Take the Seahawks as a hypothetical. If they were to go back to the 80's/90's unis there's some things that would have to change. The 2002 logo update is such an improvement over the old one that it'd be a crime to throw out.

Interesting.  To me the original is clearly inspired by the local native art, and therefore vastly superior.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

OR

Just modernize the Oilers uniforms 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Titans will get a new set in before the end of the 2020s, you can bet on that.

The problem with what you're asking from the Titans is they're juggle 5 colors. They basically left red in the dust when they became the Titans in the late-90s, and to be more "Oily" they need elevate red and shelve gray and most of the navy. I just don't see it.

6uXNWAo.png

28 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

Interesting.  To me the original is clearly inspired by the local native art, and therefore vastly superior.

spacer.png

**Inferior.

The original 'Hawk looks bored and unamused -- like he wants no part of being their logo.

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png

I agree with RH on the Seahawks logo. Love the orignal. I just feels like every new logo or logo update after 2000 had the requirement of being a swooshy angry animal. Every logo had to be slanted as if to evoke movement or speed. 

Jags

Panthers

Ravens

Patriots move to the swooshy patriot head

Falcons bird gets meaner and slanted

Cardinal head gets meaner 

Detroits lion gets more defined and aggressive

Etc Etc Etc

IMO it takes some of the personality out of the logo. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

spacer.png

That would make sense if they weren't the same logo. The new one nods at Pacific Northwest native totem pole art too while cleaning up the messy bits and making it less static. It gives it less of an abrupt terminus too. 

I'm just gonna have to disagree here. 

• Like 7

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Ohh you're talking colors, not the actual uniform. But what other team wears hot green and WoLf GrAy?

Yeah. The blue takes up most of the uniform, so I'd rather that be a more interesting shade than what it is now. Sure, the green and gray add something, but they are mostly accent colors.

1 hour ago, Sport said:

That would make sense if they weren't the same logo. The new one nods at Pacific Northwest native totem pole art too while cleaning up the messy bits and making it less static. It gives it less of an abrupt terminus too. 

I'm just gonna have to disagree here. 

Surprisingly, the groups whose art was used as the basis for the OG Seahawk are NOT the ones who made totem poles. I just found that out a few weeks back. 

• WOAH 1

12 hours ago, PERRIN said:

The Titans uniforms are almost tolerable in this combo. Looks really nice from a color blocking standpoint, contrasts really well with the Steelers' set. The electric blue pants and navy socks work wonders here.

Yep. Color blocking matters so much. Just having socks that contrast with the pants, plus having a healthy dose of Columbia blue, made them look so much better. I also really liked that they wore Columbia blue socks a couple weeks back. The design is still crappy, but with actual contrast the uniforms themselves are passable.