2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

If/when the Titans cosplay as the Oilers again, they gotta center that helmet decal better.

USATSI_21769582.jpg

13 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'm not too familiar with these silly-looking modern helmets, but it looks like there's something that would block the bottom right of the derrick.

I'm all for anything that legitimately increases player safety, but any ridges or vents that are cosmetic or just for branding really need to go.  Ridges or other things that are parts of the safety system are fine, but the "just because it's kewl" gimmicks need to go.

Yeah we're gonna have to put the blame on the helmet here and not the person who stuck the sticker. 

The facemask and chin strap clip have moved into the area where logos used to get placed. With all the extra ridges and holes there's basically no smooth surface to put a logo anymore. The Titans logo looks bad especially on these new helmets because its shape has to go in the smallest space on the side of the helmet. Made worse because they chose to give themselves even less real estate to work with because of the goofy tapered stripe down the middle.  One of the reasons this is my least favorite helmet in the league. 

TennesseeTitansRiddellSpeedFlex01_1200x1

compare that to where the logo sat on the old model helmets. 

GettyImages-1690693.jpg?w=980&q=75

I think maybe rotating the logo and placing it above the facemask might work, but could also look dumb in its own way. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, Sport said:

Yeah we're gonna have to put the blame on the helmet here and not the person who stuck the sticker. 

The facemask and chin strap clip have moved into the area where logos used to get placed. With all the extra ridges and holes there's basically no smooth surface to put a logo anymore. The Titans logo looks bad especially on these new helmets because its shape has to go in the smallest space on the side of the helmet. Made worse because they chose to give themselves even less real estate to work with because of the goofy tapered stripe down the middle.  One of the reasons this is my least favorite helmet in the league. 

TennesseeTitansRiddellSpeedFlex01_1200x1

compare that to where the logo sat on the old model helmets. 

GettyImages-1690693.jpg?w=980&q=75

I think maybe rotating the logo and placing it above the facemask might work, but could also look dumb in its own way. 

Centering a logo, even on a modern helmet, shouldn't be difficult

35379.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

6uXNWAo.png

8 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Titans logos on the helmets should just connect in the back Seahawks style

Logos connecting on the back of the helmet only looks good if the logo is designed to do so or acts as a stripe. Connecting two logos together like that for no reason always looks odd to me.

• Like 4

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

24 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Centering a logo, even on a modern helmet, shouldn't be difficult

35379.jpg

Obviously. I would've just placed the logo on the helmets in the correct spot and then screwed the facemask/chin strap clip on top of it. 

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, _RH_ said:

Interesting.  To me the original is clearly inspired by the local native art, and therefore vastly superior.

spacer.png

The original logo was really cool because it directly referenced Northwest Native-American art.  Meaning... directly referenced it.  

spacer.png

It was blocky and raw in an intensional way.  You cn see it in the thumbnails and iterations it went thru...

spacer.png

I think the current logo is a better sports logo, specifically (despite the cliched angry bird look) but there was something cool about the old one that's been lost. 

• Like 14
  • WOAH 1
  • Yawn 1

Fan stuck in the past: "The original, tired and lazy looking Seahawks logo was better!"

The same fan stuck in the past: "The original, tired and lazy looking Bills logo was better!"

The exact same fan stuck in the past: "The original, tired and lazy looking Cardinals logo was better!"

To each their own. But I've gotta believe these fans probably have orange shag carpet and pea green appliances in their homes.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Fan stuck in the past: "The original, tired and lazy looking Seahawks logo was better!"

First, I’ll state again that I believe the current Seahawks logo is a stronger mark for a football team than the original.  

But, how exactly are we supposed to let it slide that you would claim the logo designed by the Native American artist who studied multiple specific cultural references and delivered a logo that embodied the history of the region is somehow lazier than the logo that someone came up with by taking that original mark, shaving off  all the specific native aesthetics, and making it generically meaner? 

Seeing how the original design came about and calling it lazy just starts to feel like full on trolling at this point.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think the current logo is a better sports logo, specifically (despite the cliched angry bird look) but there was something cool about the old one that's been lost. 

That's perfect because it's for a sports team. I do like the old one, but it's almost too literal a depiction for its purposes. The new version strikes a great balance for me of being a sharp sports logo while still being evident as to where it comes from.

Maybe they could've found a better way to update the old eye ball to keep more of the NA DNA intact? I think that's where most of the issue with the new one comes from - The rest of it is a pretty standard and inoffensive streamlining of elements. 

• Like 9

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

The same fan stuck in the past: "The original, tired and lazy looking Bills logo was better!"

The exact same fan stuck in the past: "The original, tired and lazy looking Cardinals logo was better!"

To each their own. But I've gotta believe these fans probably have orange shag carpet and pea green appliances in their homes.

So basically if a animal logo isn't angry AF, then the animal is lazy? I've never seen a pissed off cardinal in my life. 

I get it. Sports are aggressive. I get why logos get cleaned up and trending towards a more aggressive look. But, they also lose personality in that process.  

I also wouldn't say that my personal tastes are stuck in the past. rather, I like uniqueness. At least unique elements that still add up to a good looking uniform. I perfer the uniqueness of the Seahawks throwback look, but personally I prefer the Eagles current look over their throwback. I think their current shade of green is unique and they own that color so well.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

*avocado green

I myself greatly prefer the Bills’ current logo to the standing buffalo. I’m torn on Seattle’s - both are good. Same with Cardinals. I also (unpopular opinion alert!) prefer the original Falcons logo. You’re painting with far too broad a brush here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

Yeah, and paneling. Good! I respect that more than grey laminate on the floors and also the walls.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

33 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, and paneling. Good! I respect that more than grey laminate on the floors and also the walls.

I want whoever did the SomethingAwful bathroom to do up a kitchen.

spacer.png

This has a very 2014-19 Bucs vibe, especially in the images with the obnoxious HDR.

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I want whoever did the SomethingAwful bathroom to do up a kitchen.

spacer.png

This has a very 2014-19 Bucs vibe, especially in the images with the obnoxious HDR.

Minus the red, that looks like a much less restrained version of my parents’ bathroom. The windows look similar to their chandelier in terms of reflecting all the colors. (Their bathroom doesn’t have windows.) 

What’s funny is, friends and family and neighbors have all given my parents’ bathroom rave reviews, often asking who they hired for it. It looks chic and modern without being garish. A couple details can make all the difference. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

What’s funny is, friends and family and neighbors have all given my parents’ bathroom rave reviews, often asking who they hired for it. It looks chic and modern without being garish. A couple details can make all the difference. 

You simply must tell me who cut into your I-beams.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫