2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

20 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

No, they were doing it from the introduction of the set. This pic is from 2012.

I messed up. I forgot to say "at home" along with asking about them wearing the grey pants. Hence I mentioned about the 2021 season with the last season of Russell Wilson being with the Seahawks.

19 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

They started wearing it at home that year in 2021, and have been using it for 2 home games every season since then. Before that it was used for road games where the opponent wore white at home. I think it was used against the Panthers (2012, 2013) and Dolphins (2012, 2020) a couple times, at the Chargers (2014), and at Dallas for a playoff game (2018). It's my favorite combo from the current set, partially because of how rarely it was worn, so I'm definitely glad we're using it more. Bobby Wagner said it was his favorite combination as well in a press conference in 2019.

I meant to ask about doing it at home. When they did so these last two seasons, it has been in December home games. But now they are doing it earlier. I'm going to miss the grey jerseys. It doesn't feel the same without it.

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Whoever's picking out the uniforms is on a superstitious roll. They haven't picked out another uniform at home besides purple/black in Week 3 vs Indy and all-black next Thursday vs the Bengals. For the rest of the way, I expect the Ravens to wear this at home for every Sunday afternoon game.

Even if the other uniforms with purple jerseys aren't gonna be worn again this season or at all, I'm all for it.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

31 minutes ago, blackandgoldfanatic said:

I may be on an island here, but I think that the combo that the Pamthers chose for tonight's game (white jersey/black pants) works well with the Bears combo.

No. White jersey and black leggings just does not look good. As much as we make fun of all black and all white looks, there are way too many of these combos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, ruttep said:

No. White jersey and black leggings just does not look good. As much as we make fun of all black and all white looks, there are way too many of these combos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It really bugs me how the Panthers have gotten into more mixing-and-matching the past few years. While their uniforms aren’t the greatest, their once default road all-white uniforms were really

nice looking, especially paired with blue socks. They never needed to be paired with black pants/socks. Some things should really just be left alone.

It’s only a matter of time before they try white jerseys/silver pants…

• Like 6

Can Carolina just go back to the looks they had before? I do not think the pants design yields the versatility to switch colors and maintain a good look and it's worse because no element matches (Silver helmet, white jersey, with black pants and socks does not look good. W/W/B was a solid look on the road and doesn't look like the mash of too many elements as they have now and make the uniform look bottom-heavy.

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

6 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

It really bugs me how the Panthers have gotten into more mixing-and-matching the past few years. While their uniforms aren’t the greatest, their once default road all-white uniforms were really

nice looking, especially paired with blue socks. They never needed to be paired with black pants/socks. Some things should really just be left alone.

It'd be the first time since their last game of the 1998 season and only the second time ever...

IND98122702.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Can Carolina just go back to the looks they had before? I do not think the pants design yields the versatility to switch colors and maintain a good look and it's worse because no element matches (Silver helmet, white jersey, with black pants and socks does not look good. W/W/B was a solid look on the road and doesn't look like the mash of too many elements as they have now and make the uniform look bottom-heavy.

2 minutes ago, tBBP said:

It'd be the first time since their last game of the 1998 season and only the second time ever...

IND98122702.jpg

That really wouldn’t be a bad look IF and only IF they wore blue socks like here, but I still think the all-white with blue socks is superior.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

That really wouldn’t be a bad look IF and only IF they wore blue socks like here, but I still think the all-white with blue socks is superior.

Unfortunately they'd probably just take a page out of the Lions' book and wear silver pants and white socks.

spacer.png

• Hurl 1

2 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

As has ben said, they's done it before, and I would be in favor if them doing it more often. They wear Silver helmets, and like the Lions, Cowboys, Raiders, and Patriots don't need White pants. Silver pants are the best looks these teams have (and all the Raiders and Cowboys should have.)

• Like 5

da0Lbhs.png

21 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

As has ben said, they's done it before, and I would be in favor if them doing it more often. They wear Silver helmets, and like the Lions, Cowboys, Raiders, and Patriots don't need White pants. Silver pants are the best looks these teams have (and all the Raiders and Cowboys should have.)

Metallic-colored helmets should always be worn with metallic-colored pants. That's what it comes down to.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

16 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

To be fair, the Jets and Eagles never should've been able to wear these in the first place. The other teams at least use black as a primary color, and most of them mix and match enough that white on black isn't worn that frequently.

Yes, they're not perfect, black leggings, etc. but I welcome this look from the Panthers because it provides some contrast and improved color distribution. The thick blue stripe with silver trim really pops on the black.

The all-white look has been worn so many times over the years that I welcome the new uniform matchups brought about by the black pants. I especially prefer them when the opposing team is in white pants:

94bdfc3358d74b60ab01bba52fab7c22

KCM_ChiefsPanthers_110820_c%20(4)usa_today_11490703.1540148847.jpg

usatsi_13436613.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

I’m sure this will come as a surprise to everyone…

The Saints are avoiding the gold pants yet again this Sunday. They confirmed white jerseys/black leotards at the Vikings.

At this point, it can’t even be superstition anymore. The Saints have lost twice in the black pants this season already. They literally hate the gold pants… smh

• Hurl 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Eyeroll 1