2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

5 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

1) A black helmet/black jersey + white pants/white socks looks like somebody was filling out a concept on a template and didn't get to anything below the belt (especially because JAX doesn't have any details on the pants). It looks SO BAD, I am genuinely amazed that a professional sports franchise would wear it without multiple people being like, "Hey, this looks goofy af." 

Jaguars, this isn't hard.

Home

spacer.png

Road

spacer.png

Alt 1

spacer.png

Alt 2

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I watch the games every Sunday with my 80 year old mother and today’s comments from her included “what the heck happened to the packers uniforms? And Washington should burn those things” 😂

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
KISSwall09.jpg

I think the Texans are a prime candidate for the triple-mismatch (i.e. different color helmet, jersey, & pants). They could do the red helmet, navy jersey, & white pants at home, and do the white jersey with navy pants on the road. They could even continue the triple-mismatch with the alternate by switching to the navy helmet with the red jersey & white pants. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Carolina brought the old black-black-blue from the prime Newton years out of mothballs! I wish they’d played Dallas tighter…as it is, they may not wear them again for another five years or however long it had been. 

Sadly, many teams seem to break out their abandoned/superior combos for games they aren’t likely to win.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

Red pants or red socks. It look good none of the less. If navy is our primary again next year, then with red numbers and a red helmet I could live with it.

Shout out to #33 for the Texans, who ran out wearing red socks. It definitely improves the look. 

spacer.png

• Like 17

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Sadly, many teams seem to break out their abandoned/superior combos for games they aren’t likely to win.

Specifically because they’re unpopular with the players and that gives them an excuse to once more stop wearing them?

Crazy thing is, what the Panthers wore today was voted the most popular uniform combo in the league not too terribly long ago. I’m sure the fans still like it. The blue socks really pop against the black pants. 

• Like 3

Some observations/thoughts from today:

—Monochrome jerseys/pants aren’t my favorite, but they look 100x better when the socks contrast. Good move on the Panthers’ part here.

—Steelers/Browns looked great, as it always should. IMO Cleveland should use the white facemasks full time. The only thing that would make this better are block numbers for Pittsburgh and striped socks for Cleveland.

—Lions in monochrome spoiled what should’ve been a good uni matchup between Chicago and Detroit.

—Jets/Bills looks like Jets/Bills.

—Houston’s mix-n-match doesn’t look as bad as it should, though red socks would help this look a bit. Arizona should’ve based their entire set around the road uniform, and they should mix-n-match their red and white elements every now and again.

—Other than the green socks, I liked Green Bay’s throwbacks. Did those Packer uniforms use green sock with the green jerseys and pants, or were yellow socks used?

Edited by DustDevil61
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

—Other than the green socks, I liked Green Bay’s throwbacks. Did those Packer uniforms use green sock with the green jerseys and pants, or were yellow socks used?

spacer.png

According to GUD, the socks were green, but they did have stripes. Not surprising to see that the throwback doesn't bother with that.

• Eyeroll 1