2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Yep, this is most probable.

1776916861.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Interestingly, in the early 60's, when the Cowboys were wearing those white helmets and contrasting sleeves, the Washington football team wore some gold pants on the road.

was+at+dal+9_16_62.jpg

Props to @HailGoldPants for this-

spacer.png

I honestly think it would work well. The attention moves away from the black accents and focuses on burgundy and gold.

• Like 7

I know we’re not the biggest fans of Washington’s sleeve stripes, but if they’re gonna stick with them, then why not replicate those same stripes on their pants? The white jersey’s stripes can be on the white pants, and the burgundy jersey’s stripes can be on the burgundy pants.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

I'm not sure neon green is a Christmas color, though. Christmas green has to be kelly green or darker (I'd say the ideal Christmas green is a forest green closer to what the Packers wear). So to me, your hypothetical scenario would just feature year after year of two horrible monochrome looks against one another. Sorry man, I don't see it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That doesn't exactly fill me with holiday spirit.

What if one of them wore color jersey/white pants and the other one wore white jersey/color pants?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

6 hours ago, GFB said:

Once again, the helmet finish makes the red too dark.

If the "candy" finish is a must for you, then they need to bump the red up a shade (from 187 C to 186 C / 185 C) to compensate. 

Uniform snob!Me: Great another mono.

Texans fan!Me: But its our best mono!! And look at red! Full ketchup bottle since 2010. Frick I'm old...

Also me: now that we got red pants back, mix and match pretty please 🙏 🥺

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GFB said:

Once again, the helmet finish makes the red too dark.

If the "candy" finish is a must for you, then they need to bump the red up a shade (from 187 C to 186 C / 185 C) to compensate. 

I was wondering if the Texans would ever do this. The red pants havent been seen in 13 years and yes it has really been that long.

bSLCtu2.png

17 hours ago, Chawls said:

I know we’re not the biggest fans of Washington’s sleeve stripes, but if they’re gonna stick with them, then why not replicate those same stripes on their pants? The white jersey’s stripes can be on the white pants, and the burgundy jersey’s stripes can be on the burgundy pants.

The problem is they’d have to wear them in monochrome fashion. Neither striping would match up with the opposite jersey.

The simplest and most effective change would be a singular gold stripe on the burgundy pants and a singular burgundy stripe on the white pants.

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

How come the Lions numbers on their throwbacks are easier to read than on their home uniforms? Is it because of the outline? 

The gray on the throwbacks seem to pop more when I take a look at it. Plus, the skinny font on the current home jerseys is probably setting it back a little.

• Like 3

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

15 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Add a single blue stripe on the pants and helmet, and add the current Lions logo to the helmet, and these should be the primaries... Basically be the Raiders but blue

Nah, if they're gonna change the Lions' primaries, which I don't think they need to, Barry Sanders era or bust.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

How come the Lions numbers on their throwbacks are easier to read than on their home uniforms? Is it because of the outline? 

Easier to read... How soon until we get THIS throwback on Thanksgiving?

F_pZjdUWwAAHd6G?format=png&name=900x900

• Like 7

6uXNWAo.png