2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

5 hours ago, LunarLeo said:
7 hours ago, ruttep said:

Color-wise that's a great matchup. Especially considering that we'd likely get this with 2023 NFL uniform decisions:

spacer.png

all black is for  2 home games, and when we play teams that wear white at home(Bucs, Cowboys..etc.)

Expand  

Falcons have dialed back the all black .  It's not even a bad look. Black over white is the preferred choice.

• Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, LunarLeo said:

Falcons have dialed back the all black. Black over white is the preferred choice.

Doesn't look like it to me. The only times this season they've worn black over white were at Tampa and at Tennessee. All the home games, besides the two throwback games, have been all black. According to GUD, they're slated to go all black at home again this week.

12 minutes ago, LunarLeo said:

It's not even a bad look.

To say I disagree with this would be an understatement.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, ruttep said:

Doesn't look like it to me. The only times this season they've worn black over white were at Tampa and at Tennessee. All the home games, besides the two throwback games, have been all black. According to GUD, they're slated to go all black at home again this week.

To say I disagree with this would be an understatement.

That's fine. I personally hoped for a red helmet with the new logo. Would look so much better  with these uniforms. Something like this, but with a black face mask... spacer.png 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Better uniforms than their default crap garbage they currently wear. Their 1967 throwbacks are better than their piece of :censored: uniforms.

Match the helmets. Launch the black pants and helmets into outer space. Bam perfect look.

I'll even allow them to keep the white color rush pants to mix and match.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, VikWings said:

Match the helmets. Launch the black pants and helmets into outer space. Bam perfect look.

I'll even allow them to keep the white color rush pants to mix and match.

Yeap. They really do need to fix that damn gold on their helmets. Currently, it looks too much like metallic khaki.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silver_Star said:

Yeap. They really do need to fix that damn gold on their helmets. Currently, it looks too much like metallic khaki.

Well I guess that makes sense when all the gold on their uniforms look khaki. Nike gave them the Reebok Penguins treatment.

• Like 2

Just now, VikWings said:

Well I guess that makes sense when all the gold on their uniforms look khaki. Nike gave them the Reebok Penguins treatment.

Oh they did. Not a great job either. It looks ugly, flat, and boring. I never was a fan of metallic khaki. It's good when you are wearing khaki as a pants or shirt, but sports uniforms do not need such and uninspiring color.

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

How was dazzle fabric on NFL uniforms possible in 2011 but not in 2023

I believe the claim is that the pants would be significantly heavier due to however the metallic fabric is made, which would probably make the players seem like they were in quicksand and go 0-17.

Any team could wear metallic pants and get them from Ripon or whoever is the legacy supplier that simply sews the swoosh on jerseys (the Packers still use them... right?)  They choose not to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I believe the claim is that the pants would be significantly heavier due to however the metallic fabric is made, which would probably make the players seem like they were in quicksand and go 0-17.

Any team could wear metallic pants and get them from Ripon or whoever is the legacy supplier that simply sews the swoosh on jerseys (the Packers still use them... right?)  They choose not to.

Yeah, the Raiders and Cowboys still wear them, right? No 0-17 seasons to be found between them. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BBTV said:

(probably) the real reason: Dazzle fabric doesn't fit completely perfectly into Nike's pre-established set of colors and materials when they took over the NFL contract in 2012, and when they told teams like the Saints about this, the teams made zero fuss about it and so Nike didn't bother researching how to make a lighter dazzle fabric.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2023 at 4:10 PM, ruttep said:

Please this (probably not, but could you imagine)

spacer.png

Those were the days. When Houston, the Texans, wore red socks with that combo.

Another person a while back said how the league used to look better in those old days.  A lot of teams don't seem to care now, they just do whatever.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

No surprises

I'm glad to have this uniform matchup in HOU vs NYJ. Considering the possibility that the Jets could change up their uniforms again. It was talked about some time ago in this thread that the Jets wearing white at home more could be that they will switch to new uniforms. This was the same with the Browns and Titans.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2023 at 11:03 AM, Michael Bolton said:

Potentially unpopular take, but even as a uniform detail enthusiast, I find these reveal tweets absolutely cringey and just stupid. What other league in the world tweets out "here's what color our helmet, pants and SOCKS will be next weekend." I miss the days when you found out what teams were wearing when they ran out onto the field on Sunday/Monday. Throwback announcements once or twice a year are fine but these "helmet -- jersey -- pants -- socks" detail announcements make my eyes roll further back in my head than human anatomy allows.

You also need the zoomer blaccent word vomit in there, "you already know we tried to tell 'em [that we'd be wearing blue pants with white socks, apparently]"

• Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, the Raiders and Cowboys still wear them, right? No 0-17 seasons to be found between them. 

Raiders pants aren't what they use to be under Reebok regardless of the fact they are still shiny. The issue is that whatever is going on with Nike isn't shiny enough as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

bSLCtu2.png