2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

my only hope is that the clear-roof stuff really catches on, and that teams decide to pay for it.  Seeing the Bears in a soulless dome would make me cry.  It already hurts that the Raiders play in a dark-ass dome.  I thought theirs had the clear panels, but it doesn't seem like it.

As for Jerry Glanville...

eastboundlg1.jpg

Allegiant Stadium most likely needed a roof that wasn't clear because of it being in Las Vegas. The desert heat would have cooked the players and the crowd. It's funny how Sofi Stadium has a translucent roof that isn't even connected to the building, so there's no air conditioning and they have to worry about the LA heat. That's what Stan Kroenke gets for being a dork.

Also, the natural light gets in Allegiant just fine in my opinion.

ava37r7h0mswvqynz3sx

Also the complaints about the Superdome being dark is funny because I loved how dark and grungy the Oakland Coliseum use to look for night games.

la-1551132259-bnm3bzawj8-snap-image

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Allegiant Stadium most likely needed a roof that wasn't clear because of it being in Las Vegas. The desert heat would have cooked the players and the crowd. It's funny how Sofi Stadium has a translucent roof that isn't even connected to the building, so there's no air conditioning and they have to worry about the LA heat. That's what Stan Kroenke gets for being a dork.

ava37r7h0mswvqynz3sx

Also the complaints about the Superdome being dark is funny because I loved how dark and grungy the Oakland Coliseum use to look for night games.

1st pic - that looks about as artificial as it gets.

2nd pic - that's a night game.  Of course it's darker than an outdoor day game would be (it's also not representative of what the game looks like when viewed on TV.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

That looks like the old Teflon roofs at the Metrodome and Hoosier Dome. 

Yeah. That's at night. The Raiders didn't play a lot of night games between the L.A. Coliseum ban and being on Pacific Time, so most people's mental picture involves the sun and natural grass (and probably infield dirt).

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Cowboys white pants having a gray middle stripe flanked by two blue stripes but the white helmet having those same two blue stripes flanking a "white" stripe in the middle is just lazy design...pick gray or white for both middle stripes.

Yes. But farrrr less lazy than the alternate.

6uXNWAo.png

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

I've never understood Atlanta's decision to suck the life out of their identity in 1990

web1_gerald_riggs_falcons_crop.jpg

The late-'80s version with the logo overlaid on the sleeve stripes is perfection for me. I saw one in person today and my wallet started getting twitchy.

Were the Cowboys wearing a different uniform cut tonight? I don't remember the sleeve numbers on the doublestar jerseys being so small previously.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

ava37r7h0mswvqynz3sx

I was just at Allegiant Stadium for the first time a few weeks ago for Jets Raiders. When you look at the roof it looks like shiny plastic especially at night.  Although it is not as great as the US Bank and SoFi roof atleast it is bringing some sort of light, it isn't like you are sitting in the super dome you can get a feel for what time of day it is. The one touch that separates it from the teflon dome is the window that allows you to look at the vegas skyline.  The roll in grass is a great feature but I have to say it stunk like onion grass. As far as the Raiders field paint looks I understand they use their official font in their end zones but I always felt this font was way more on brand for them. spacer.png

• Love 1

5 hours ago, canzman said:

Texans @ Titans
bq6leEV.jpg LttmmZ6.jpg

There's no way this wasn't done with the specific purpose of pissing the entire city of Houston off.

5 hours ago, canzman said:

Chargers @ Raiders
LKrxvLf.jpg JIt6DB4.jpg

At least the uniforms will look good, if not the quality of play on the field. A team that won a game 6-0 vs a team that lost a game 3-0, on primetime. Thrilling.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Prime example of how the Cowboys shouldn’t look vs how they should look

GBCQ8RgWQAABrcW?format=jpg&name=large

Silver helmet, silver pants, and those navy socks, that's a winning combo (it would also be a direct throwback to their 1994 uniforms).

• Like 5