2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

17 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

We badly need a 1pm September Giants at Eagles game next season. At least the green jerseys were worn for that playoff game last season.

PHI wore the midnight green against the Giants in 2017. That game was in September.

4 hours ago, GoHawks said:

This is going to be a brutal looking game with the Titans in all navy as well.

Maybe TEN wears the columbia blue pants. They did last year when playing Denver when the Broncos busted out navy pants to go with their white jersey. The Titans are one of the teams who are good about minimizing similar colors as the opponent. Except for one time when they played the Texans.

On 12/19/2023 at 11:42 PM, ruttep said:

I can see the argument for bone pants against an opponent in yellow/athletic gold pants, but metallic gold?

I'll take this

spacer.png

Over this

spacer.png

Any day of the week (uniform matchup-wise, of course. That NFCCG loss was painful).

I like the Rams blue jersey with bone pants combo. Now that is an unpopular opinion.

BTW, maybe this is the year SF goes to the Super Bowl?

On 12/20/2023 at 7:32 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

This idea imagines a world in which a team knows and/or cares what their opponent is wearing and makes decisions based on that knowledge.  In all my (way too many) years of paying attention to sports uniforms I’ve never seen the slightest piece of evidence that any team give two seconds thought to what the other guys are wearing. 

It doesn't look like teams care or give mind about their opponents. But there are teams who do. The ones who do are outnumbered by the ones who don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Maybe TEN wears the columbia blue pants. They did last year when playing Denver when the Broncos busted out navy pants to go with their white jersey. The Titans are one of the teams who are good about minimizing similar colors as the opponent. Except for one time when they played the Texans.

Titans combo always comes out on Wednesday and navy pants was confirmed. Which time are you referring to against the Texans? They have worn navy pants against them numerous times.

21 hours ago, 1stAndPhoremost said:

Eagles have confirmed the all black unis for Christmas Day….so much for Kelly green against the Giants’ road red/white

They seemingly have confirmed that the NFL said no to the 3rd helmet.

Wearing the normal Midnight Green helmet again instead of the black one introduced last year.

The Saints have four different uniforms in their collection and all of them have combinations that look fantastic.

Primary black: with gold pants and black socks

Road white: with gold pants and black socks

Throwback white: with white pants and black socks

Throwback black: also with gold pants and black socks

(no black helmets)

They have four different uniforms, which means they have enough to work with to keep everything "fresh" throughout the season. If they stuck with those four looks throughout the season, they'd be the one the league's best looking teams every single week.

S--t, if they even did as much as have black pants with a striping pattern, at least those would be acceptable in design even if they'd still be an inferior option to wear compared to gold pants. 

It's painful as hell that they wear stripeless black pants as often as they do home and away, and that they often wear stripeless white pants as well. They actively choose to look far from their best more often than not. 

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

(But at least, socks aside, they look good tonight.)

• Like 5

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Saints have four different uniforms in their collection and all of them have combinations that look fantastic.

Primary black: with gold pants and black socks

Road white: with gold pants and black socks

Throwback white: with white pants and black socks

Throwback black: also with gold pants and black socks

(no black helmets)

They have four different uniforms, which means they have enough to work with to keep everything "fresh" throughout the season. If they stuck with those four looks throughout the season, they'd be the one the league's best looking teams every single week.

S--t, if they even did as much as have black pants with a striping pattern, at least those would be acceptable in design even if they'd still be an inferior option to wear compared to gold pants. 

It's painful as hell that they wear stripeless black pants as often as they do home and away, and that they often wear stripeless white pants as well. They actively choose to look far from their best more often than not. 

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

(But at least, socks aside, they look good tonight.)

A smaller nitpick of mine is the mismatched shade of gold,  Granted, for some reason it doesn’t stand out as much as the socks, but it does stand out. Part of me hopes New Orleans wakes up and realizes that the best shade of gold for them is their brassy shade of gold and matches the helmet to it someday (as well as burning their plain white and black pants), but that makes too much sense.

Edited by DustDevil61
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, GoHawks said:

This is going to be a brutal looking game with the Titans in all navy as well.

Something else I've noticed about every week's "you know we had to do it to em" reveals on Twitter is that they're using "x" where it doesn't really make sense to do so: "[Seahawks logo] x [Titans logo]" in the above graphic. This is fashion/hypebeast culture bleeding in. The teams are playing against each other, the game is Seahawks versus Titans, not a hot fire-emoji collab between two amazing brands. Or is it?

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

30 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Something else I've noticed about every week's "you know we had to do it to em" reveals on Twitter is that they're using "x" where it doesn't really make sense to do so: "[Seahawks logo] x [Titans logo]" in the above graphic. This is fashion/hypebeast culture bleeding in. The teams are playing against each other, the game is Seahawks versus Titans, not a hot fire-emoji collab between two amazing brands. Or is it?

I want to say it's not that deep, but hey ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

This is almost certainly more coincidental/cultural/whatever, but I can tell you that using "x" where we normally use "vs." is standard practice in Brazilian football. "Palmeiras x Flamengo" yada yada. (Of course, "vs." doesn't exist in Portuguese and their equivalent word would be "contra".) 

I guess the only point in writing this is to say that it's not an entirely unprecedented practice.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This is a thread for obsessing over those exact details:

4f71e0ade1620068ab02fc4e8715f20f931c90aa

Maybe I didn't express my point clearly enough. My issue is the tweet showing little diagrams pointing to socks, pants, etc. with a little sidebar saying WHITE or BLUE. It just screams desperation for attention and is, for lack of a better word, cringey/lame/cheesey/nauseating. I obsess over uniforms just as much as the next guy, but a full uniform detail "announcement" is completely unnecessary. Let us find out what you're wearing on Sunday morning during warmups; it's stupid to make a social media post about your freaking blue socks.

• Dislike 1

ClAFLDa.png

1 minute ago, timjameskohler said:

I think l, currently, the answer to that question is Taylor Swift.

Let me tell you something, there has never been a worse time to chase girls who took AP English than when their god-queen is dating "durrrr i like sqwurls" 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Maybe I didn't express my point clearly enough. My issue is the tweet showing little diagrams pointing to socks, pants, etc. with a little sidebar saying WHITE or BLUE. It just screams desperation for attention and is, for lack of a better word, cringey/lame/cheesey/nauseating. I obsess over uniforms just as much as the next guy, but a full uniform detail "announcement" is completely unnecessary. Let us find out what you're wearing on Sunday morning during warmups; it's completely unnecessary to make a social media post about your freaking blue socks.

This is a thing I'm a little tired of.

I see just as many complaints on here about the social media or marketing of the uniform as the uniform itself.

At a low setting, its just "old man yells at cloud." Tedious but tolerable.

When its really cranked up I feel there's a sense of gatekeeping. Those posts aren't meant to hype up the people who look at practice photos to figure out whether a team is wearing throwbacks or who check beat reporter twitter for pregame warm ups to figure out the color undershirt a team is wearing that day. They're trying to get engagement from people who aren't keyed in and that's fine.

At this point I'm more annoyed at the people on the board complaining about "icy whites" than the club social media teams much less the all white uniforms themselves.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Yawn 1