2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I’m not sure what’s in the water around here lately, but until very recently, the Cowboys have been widely considered one of the most classic uniforms in league, being mentioned alongside the Packers, Raiders, Steelers, Chiefs, etc.  

Hive mind contrarianism. 

I feel like commenting on and clowning on the Cowboys mismatched uniform has been kind of a staple among uniform discussion for a while, it was one of the first things I remember like seeing when I (much more recently then most people here I'm aware) started looking at jersey discussion online. And like it is true to an extent, the mismatched colors, and kinda random elements do knock the set down a bit. I don't think most people think their awful as a result, but certainly a step below some of those other CLASSIC nfl jerseys, which is pretty reasonable I think.

• Like 4
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

Nah. Any BFBS unis (unless it's Commie BFBS) are still far better than the Dallascowboys at home.

I could not agree less with this statement. Let's just agree to disagree on this topic because this is one of the hottest takes I've ever seen on this forum. You cannot tell me that this

spacer.png

is worse than

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

As much I loathe the mismatched colors and the two different designs on the home and away, the Cowboys' uniforms are at worst a B- and are still the best in the NFC East, save for maybe the Eagles in the right combos. They look miles better than at least a dozen other teams. Most of my frustration with them lies in how that B- could easily be an A+ if they just made everything consistent across both uniforms.

• Like 6

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

7 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

As much I loathe the mismatched colors and the two different designs on the home and away, the Cowboys' uniforms are at worst a B- and are still the best in the NFC East, save for maybe the Eagles in the right combos. They look miles better than at least a dozen other teams. Most of my frustration with them lies in how that B- could easily be an A+ if they just made everything consistent across both uniforms.

I agree. I just had to make the point that "iT's wOrSe tHaN bFbS" is ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

Idk about Diggs, but they zapped Tyreek

is Merton Hanks back in the building?

3 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I’m not sure what’s in the water around here lately, but until very recently, the Cowboys have been widely considered one of the most classic uniforms in league, being mentioned alongside the Packers, Raiders, Steelers, Chiefs, etc.  

Hive mind contrarianism. 

That's painting with a very broad brush.  I've been here for nearly 20 years and the Cowboys have been criticized for their mismatch since the day I joined.  It may be considered a "classic" look, but more in the "have had it so long that it's just who they are and they'd look weird any other way" sense, not the "timeless quality" way.

I'd personally rank the Cowboys in the bottom 3rd of the league until they do something about the black stripes and make up their mind about their silvers/blues/greens.  Just because something's been the same forever doesn't mean it can't be improved. 

The counter argument would be the Detroit Tigers, who fixed their mismatched Ds and have been widely criticized for it (by me too, but only because they kept the wrong one.)  Maybe it'd be the same if the Cowboys did change, but I'd like to see them at least try.

• Like 7
  • Eyeroll 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, BBTV said:

is Merton Hanks back in the building?

That's painting with a very broad brush.  I've been here for nearly 20 years and the Cowboys have been criticized for their mismatch since the day I joined.  It may be considered a "classic" look, but more in the "have had it so long that it's just who they are and they'd look weird any other way" sense, not the "timeless quality" way.

I'd personally rank the Cowboys in the bottom 3rd of the league until they do something about the black stripes and make up their mind about their silvers/blues/greens.  Just because something's been the same forever doesn't mean it can't be improved. 

The counter argument would be the Detroit Tigers, who fixed their mismatched Ds and have been widely criticized for it (by me too, but only because they kept the wrong one.)  Maybe it'd be the same if the Cowboys did change, but I'd like to see them at least try.

I'd still rank Dallas ahead of (in no particular order):

-Giants (minus throwback)

-Eagles (minus throwback)

-Washington

-Falcons (minus throwback)

-Saints (until they get their act together and burn any pants that aren't gold)

-Broncos

-Seahawks (minus throwback)

-Titans (including throwback, they don't deserve to wear Oilers uniforms)

-Any combination that any team has ever worn where the pants match the socks

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Rams were in LA for 48 years before moving to St. Louis. They wore some version of blue & yellow for 39 of those seasons, and wore blue & white for 8. Not sure why people want them to play Colts dress up based on a very brief period of the franchise's history.

My opinion has nothing to do with their LA history and everything to do with the fact that I thought that helmet was really nice. But I definitely get your point.

For the record, they aren't even playing LA Rams dress up right now either 

I think one of the main reasons the Cowboys’ uniforms get attacked so aggressively here by some is that they are so close to having perfect uniforms but refuse to address a few minor issues. If their set was a totally lost cause (see: Commanders, Washington), it would be a different story. But when you see potential that is easily attainable, it gets frustrating to see stubbornness get in the way.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

I could not agree less with this statement. Let's just agree to disagree on this topic because this is one of the hottest takes I've ever seen on this forum. You cannot tell me that this

spacer.png

is worse than

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Matching colors >>> Cowboys second-hand store home unis

• Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png

5 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Just because "ItZ tRaDiTiOn!!!" doesn't make them good.

Soooo the Packers, Raiders, Chiefs all use MATCHING COLORS. I would take the Steelers out of the "great classic look" conversation because they bailed on block numbers. They also need logos on both sides of their helmet, but that's a whole nother conversation

• Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png

54 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Soooo the Packers, Raiders, Chiefs all use MATCHING COLORS. I would take the Steelers out of the "great classic look" conversation because they bailed on block numbers. They also need logos on both sides of their helmet, but that's a whole nother conversation

Just curious, where does the 49ers uniform rank for you, because it can be argued that the 49ers gold pants are not the same color as the helmet

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Matching colors >>> Cowboys second-hand store home unis

Matching colors doesn't mean anything when you're matching 💩 with 💩

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Saints just lost in white pants and gold pants, so black makes sense. No shock there. 

Can't imagine what they'll do if they lose in black pants, maybe pull a Ravens and unveil special grey pants for a game 😂

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

😔please no. please say you don’t want a logo on the left side also futura and the patch will alway look 2x as good over boring block