MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

The Cardinals CC isn't bad, it's just extremely boring. I'm exhausted from teams posting 10 emojis reacting to their own jersey that is just their city name but abbreviated for fun. 

• Like 2

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

12 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Don’t love “The Lou”. I’d also like to see more blue, maybe a blue hat with a red brim. The STL font needs to either be on both the jersey and the hat or neither. I do like the wavy pinstripes. Overall, not bad, could be better. I’m not sure if I’d rather see white or red pants

with you on all these, I have never heard of anyone refer to St. Louis as  The Lou.   I'd go Red pants and a navy belt (you know, to rep the Mississippi River) 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

21 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do people from the DMV area not realize that most of the rest of us think of the Department of Motor Vehicles when we see DMV?

Oh, yeah. We're aware of it. Could be one reason the Nationals didn't go with it. Could also have been the whole "Orioles are 30 miles away" thing, too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

with you on all these, I have never heard of anyone refer to St. Louis as  The Lou.   I'd go Red pants and a navy belt (you know, to rep the Mississippi River) 

Did they forget that their regular hats already say STL?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

What kind of crazy upside-down alternate reality version of Cash Grab Connect is this? No funky basketball numbers or fonts?
This has to be fake!
Seriously, though: This, IMO is by far the best CGC kit of the lot...despite the moronic cap design. They used pinstripes (always bad in my book) but they were subtle about it. They kept the birds on a bat design. "The Lou" seems kinda dumb to me, but I don't live in that area, so I'll defer. (As if any one cared.) These jerseys point to what the Orioles should have done: Change the name on the orange jersey to "Charm City" and roll with it. This is the first CGC jersey I haven't actively hated. Good work, Cardinals!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Green27 said:

The Cardinals CC isn't bad, it's just extremely boring. I'm exhausted from teams posting 10 emojis reacting to their own jersey that is just their city name but abbreviated for fun. 

Gotta say, I’m a little perplexed by this. Why get upset at a relatively tame uniform?

• Like 1

It seems the Cardinals took the Dodgers’ (first) route of essentially recoloring their regular jersey and changing the script. But I think there are enough interesting flourishes here, such as the wavy pinstripes and the fleur-de-lis sleeve logo, to put this one way above the Dodgers’. 

Side note, someone on Facebook observed that the “Th” in “The” looks like the Pi symbol, and that the area code in St. Louis is 314. Could be deliberate or just a happy accident. 

• Like 1

I really like these jerseys — if a team like St. Louis is going to participate in a program like this, it stays well within their brand and I like the few flourishes there are. I’m not a fan generally of most city nicknames on jerseys, but that’s kinda whatever at this point.

The hat leaves … a lot to be desired, IMO.

• Like 4

6fQjS3M.png

22 hours ago, jws008 said:

Not only did the Yankees originate as the Baltimore Orioles of the old Western League in those days before the American League formed, but the team was nicknamed the “Highlanders” when they first played in New York. I know, nicknames back then were not official (and in fact, often came from the newspaper writers), but they have had a different nickname, even in the same city.

And people also forget that the Yankees have changed their uniforms, too. One of my favorite trivia facts is that Babe Ruth never wore the traditional Yankees home uniform during his playing career with the team (you can often find post-playing photos of Ruth in the traditional home uniform). But when Ruth was playing for the Yankees, the home uniforms were merely plain white pinstripes, and there was no NY insignia on the jersey.

So, does this mean, in your thinking, that Ruth played for a different team than Yogi Berra, Mickey Mantle, Don Mattingly, and Derek Jeter?

What was the team called when Ruth played for them?

• Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Don’t love “The Lou”. I’d also like to see more blue, maybe a blue hat with a red brim. The STL font needs to either be on both the jersey and the hat or neither. I do like the wavy pinstripes. Overall, not bad, could be better. I’m not sure if I’d rather see white or red pants

Def. white.  To keep it from the pajama look.

All red or all blue, like the Dodgers first CC is a terrible minor league look.

57 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Is this real?

If so.... :censored:, here we go again with the cap, just like Detroit 😩 

Big difference between the front of a cap having three letters (see the 1976-86 White Sox) vs. seven. I think this cap is fine on its own merits, but given how similar it is to the Cards’ everyday cap, it leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, McCall said:

If you click on the picture above, it shows white pants with the thicker red piping down the side.

GN0RZJ0WEAAzf4p?format=jpg&name=900x900

After seeing other CC uniforms, I'm actually delighted that they are "underwhelming". I expect the same treatment to the Yankees.

The Yankees seemingly opted out of the program. I suppose they could always change their mind after this year, though.

The Cardinals' City Connect is one of my least favorites. At the very least the other bad ones like San Diego or Pittsburgh tried something new, attempted to extend the brand in a meaningful way. This one feels totally unnecessary. It's just a worse version of their old batting practice uniform. The hat has to be the worst part of the whole thing. Thoroughly, utterly pointless.

• Eyeroll 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

5 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Yankees seemingly opted out of the program. I suppose they could always change their mind after this year, though.

wait, a source on this? I never heard this, but would love it to be true.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Cardinals city connects are solid and tame. Didn't expect them to go outside the box. DeWitt is good when it comes to that stuff. I don't really like the hat though, but I also can't come up with anything better for it that they don't already wear on one of their regular hats. Maybe that fleur-de-lis logo?

• Like 3