MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

🚨🚨🚨 Possible Blue Jays City Connect cap leak: 

Β 

Β 

OP says it was found in Mexico, and the base color is navy blue, not black.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Hurl 1

7 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Β 

Β 

I wonder if the lines at the top of the T represent the Canada (red) and US (blue) border. It kinda looks like Buffalo Bills blue. Probably reading what to much into it but I'm a worried with skateboarding rays who knows 🀷ake 

If this is true, is this the best use of a city flag yet?Β  The Cards' pinstripes are inventive, but a bit too subtle.Β  The red star in the Cubs' C is neat enough.Β  But I love how this remixes one of the cooler city flags in the world with their uniform lettering.

Β 

Flag of Toronto

• Like 8

spacer.png

spacer.png

13 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

The hat looks great but I will be so disappointed if the front of the jersey says T-Dot or even worse The 6ix.

bSLCtu2.png

Β 

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Β 

The hat looks great but I will be so disappointed if the front of the jersey says T-Dot or even worse The 6ix.

Have to bring this meme up
spacer.png

Love the Toronto city flag and have always wanted to see a team lean heavily into that as a design motif somehow, so this might be it. (Seems like a perfect thing for the soccer team, better that than charcoal grey and red.) A little surprised if they keep the emphasis there and don't try to pull some "Actually our city is all of Canada", especially with the primary Jays brand already being close to that Toronto shade of blue.

• Like 3

Β  Β 

Okay time outβ€”someone backbrief me on this whole "6ix" thing....

Β 

(Why do I feel like Drake had something to do with this?)

• LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

Just now, tBBP said:

Okay time outβ€”someone backbrief me on this while "6ix" thing....

Β 

Β 

The reason Toronto is called The 6 or 6ixΒ  is because of the six municipalities making up Metro Toronto before they were all joined in 1998 to make the "megacity".
I've also heard it is derived from the main area codes in Toronto, 416 and 647.

I'm really no expert when it comes to Drake.

At all.

Someone who's more musically inclined can probably comment on that, I just know he adopted it and made it popular.Β 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Β 

I think it's a young people thing. Ugh, kids these days with their wacky number words and their Dan Fogelberg.πŸ™„

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

32 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

Β 

The reason Toronto is called The 6 or 6ixΒ  is because of the six municipalities making up Metro Toronto before they were all joined in 1998 to make the "megacity".
I've also heard it is derived from the main area codes in Toronto, 416 and 647.

Β 

Okay...now THAT makes sense. Interesting backstory for something so tangible.Β 

Β 

32 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

I'm really no expert when it comes to Drake.

At all.

Someone who's more musically inclined can probably comment on that, I just know he adopted it and made it popular.Β 

Β 

Aaannnd there it is. If anyone in Beaverton got hold of this, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see some reference to the 6ix on the upcoming CCs or some element of future civic/sports branding. (To be real, I think "The 6" is pretty cool; don't know how I feel about "6ix", though.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

11 minutes ago, tBBP said:

don't know how I feel about "6ix", though.

I don't really love it either.Β 
But I'm almost 40 and as @McCallsaid "kids these daysΒ with their wacky number words".Β 

Now if you'll excuse me there's some kids on my lawn to yell at.Β 

• LOL 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Drake started referencing TorontoΒ  and calling it "The Six" in his music because he was playing into being Canada's largest musical export at the time and being the de facto face of the Toronto Hip-Hop scene. Just like Jay-Z did with New York or Ice Cube did with LA, Drake figured he'd do the same thing with Toronto.

Β 

To his credit, it worked. He has done a masterful job of his tying in his brand with Toronto civic pride, so he has become the Toronto guy.Β 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Aaannnd there it is. If anyone in Beaverton got hold of this, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see some reference to the 6ix on the upcoming CCs or some element of future civic/sports branding.

Toronto's PHF team was named the Toronto Six, in part because of all that.

Β 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Six

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Β 

Β 

The City of Toronto is made up of six boroughs (Old Toronto, York, East York, North York, Etobicoke, Scarborough). I'm not sure if Drake coined the phrase, but he definitely popularized it. Now around the city you'll see plenty of small businesses incorporating "6ix" into their name.

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

Drake started referencing TorontoΒ  and calling it "The Six" in his music because he was playing into being Canada's largest musical export at the time and being the de facto face of the Toronto Hip-Hop scene. Just like Jay-Z did with New York or Ice Cube did with LA, Drake figured he'd do the same thing with Toronto.

Β 

To his credit, it worked. He has done a masterful job of his tying in his brand with Toronto civic pride, so he has become the Toronto guy.Β 

Β 

All that despite having spent more time in Atlanta than Toronto during the formative days of his career...ha. But I also ain't Torontonian so my opinion doesn't count on this. At any rate, if it increases marketability for Toronto (i.e. brings in mo' dollaz), then all the better for the city..or so I would hope.

Β 

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Huh...Β  We could have two City Connects in a row with the names based on the face of the local rap scene.

Β 

Catch me up: what was the first?