MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 minute ago, tBBP said:

All that despite having spent more time in Atlanta than Toronto during the formative days of his career...ha. But I also ain't Torontonian so my opinion doesn't count on this. At any rate, if it increases marketability for Toronto (i.e. brings in mo' dollaz), then all the better for the city..or so I would hope.

Catch me up: what was the first?

p8lfsa852bn7g67iuudb

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, McCall said:

p8lfsa852bn7g67iuudb

Ah, missed that one. 👍🏽

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

All that despite having spent more time in Atlanta than Toronto during the formative days of his career...ha. But I also ain't Torontonian so my opinion doesn't count on this. At any rate, if it increases marketability for Toronto (i.e. brings in mo' dollaz), then all the better for the city..or so I would hope.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Ah, missed that one. 👍🏽

Yeah.  There was a conversation when it was revealed about where the crap "The Lou" came from and others explained.

Funnily enough, in looking to see if there was a gif form of Nelly saying the phrase, I found this prophetic t-shirt from at least 7 years ago.

From the Lou and I'm Proud T-Shirt Design Red Shirt with White Print image 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

I won't argue that. I'm not a Torontonian either, (and I find the type of Torontonians I encounter who embrace "the Six" to be a particular kind of insufferable). Nor am I a Drake fan. My comment was about as detached as I could make it, and from a cold cynical brand building perspective, it was genius. Toronto is enormous, and equating your image with it has worked extremely well for the guy, even if it isn't "authentic" (whatever that means).

• Like 1

Oh, a Drake-themed jersey, it'll be like Jackie Robinson Day except everyone is wearing 17

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 5/24/2024 at 10:55 AM, spartacat_12 said:

The City of Toronto is made up of six boroughs (Old Toronto, York, East York, North York, Etobicoke, Scarborough). I'm not sure if Drake coined the phrase, but he definitely popularized it. Now around the city you'll see plenty of small businesses incorporating "6ix" into their name.

How haven’t we seen this on a Raptors jersey yet? If the Nuggets can have an elevation jersey — surely we can “6ix” jersey?!

#ButPleaseDont

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Not sure if it’s a new thing, but the Pirates are wearing their Willy Stargell inspired BP cap paired with the home whites.

Was just going to post this. I believe the booth said they honored the 71 team today or something along those lines. They’ve also been mixing caps with the black alternate as I swear I’ve seen it with home, white outline p and double yellow p. Don’t know where the giant P black jerseys have been and in true pirates madness, they still mix in the ‘18 (I think) Memorial Day hat. Heck, they might have worn it with the black jersey iirc.

KISSwall09.jpg

I think the Yankees have the best uniforms in baseball this season. They are the only team not plagued by the terrible NOBs, and IMO the new road design is an improvement

Next season (when the NOBs are fixed supposedly) there will be a debate again.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, Ark said:

I think the Yankees have the best uniforms in baseball this season. They are the only team not plagued by the terrible NOBs, and IMO the new road design is an improvement

I agree. Yankees look perfect now and the new road is beautiful. I would not change a single thing about them. I even like the satin batting helmet on the road (it kinda gives off a retro feel) while the gloss works with the pins. If they aren’t the best, they are absolutely top 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ark said:

I'd nominate the Twins:

Texas Rangers v Minnesota Twins

Their essentially perfect rebrand from last year has (thankfully) been largely unaffected by the template change, including the NOBs. That image above shows the perfect size for NOBs in my view, the league-wide change illuminated to me that many of the old NOBs were too big (teams like the Mets and Cubs come to mind), while obviously most all of the new ones with outlines are far too small.

Plus, they don't have an ad patch (yet), which even many of the classic teams, like the Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers, and Tigers, can no longer say.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1

3 hours ago, hormone said:

Was just going to post this. I believe the booth said they honored the 71 team today or something along those lines. They’ve also been mixing caps with the black alternate as I swear I’ve seen it with home, white outline p and double yellow p. Don’t know where the giant P black jerseys have been and in true pirates madness, they still mix in the ‘18 (I think) Memorial Day hat. Heck, they might have worn it with the black jersey iirc.

So, the Pittsburgh black jersey has been worn home and away this year. When worn away, like was originally designed, it goes with the away alt black cap(yellow outline). When it's worn at home, it goes the home alt hat (white outline) that was originally paired with the P jersey.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Finally the Cardinals' City Connects it the field, which gave us the first look at the accompanying socks since they were obscured in every image and still aren't on the Stance site.  And they're...

Chicago Cubs v St. Louis Cardinals

Just team colored socks with navy logo and ankle lines and the STL from the cap on them.  That's it.  Almost like they've been hiding them because of how nothing they are.  Weird.

Also, it seems that they are indeed keeping both patches with the memorial patch over the sponsor patch.

Chicago Cubs v St. Louis Cardinals

And they seem to be second team after the Texas Rangers to have a sponsor patch and keep it on one sleeve for everyone, at least for their City Connects.  While the sponsor patch and memorial patch switch on opposite sides for their other uniforms, every City Connect I saw had them on the same sleeves.

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Just team colored socks with navy logo and ankle lines and the STL from the cap on them.  That's it.  Almost like they've been hiding them because of how nothing they are.  Weird.

Look closer in that photo you posted. It has the same darker red wavy pinstripes that the jersey has.

The socks are kinda boring but that’s okay.  Before the socks were officially revealed, I was guessing/hoping for the regular socks with wavy flag stripes.it was too obvious I guess. I think it would look really sharp. Use your imagination

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 3