MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

New look at the Blue Jays city connect jersey:

A few points:

1. This confirms the swoosh is, in fact, red.

2. The previously leaked photo did not include front numbers.

3. The wordmark/number style is so similar to the Blue Jays’ regular wordmark/number style, why not just use that style? 

21 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Oh...  Oh...  Of course...  I just realized what it's going to be like some sort of horrible prophetic vision.  It's going to be a two-tone split jersey.  Minneapolis on one side and St. Paul on the other.  Perhaps Minnie and Paul are even the length of the front, but that's too fun to be a real City Connect.  I also would imagine half navy and half red, but team colors aren't allowed.  So maybe half black and half powder blue.  And no purple because that's what everyone wants.

Gonna be honest … I actually kinda liked the NL set from the Futures Game when the ASG was in LA a couple years back?

18705190-scaled-e1658033636880-832x447.j

• Like 9

6fQjS3M.png

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

That's supremely disappointing.

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

3. The wordmark/number style is so similar to the Blue Jays’ regular wordmark/number style, why not just use that style? 

It really seems to be honing in on neon red within blue metal channels.  Any locals know of any famous marquees in the city that use this look?

Also, the Os are really weirding me out.  The inner blue line is different from the rest.  Is there some kind of effect with these that isn't showing well in the quality of the photography/replica jersey?

3 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Gonna be honest … I actually kinda liked the NL set from the Futures Game when the ASG was in LA a couple years back?

18705190-scaled-e1658033636880-832x447.j

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I jokingly spoke in an apocalyptic way, but the more I thought of a jersey that was half their red alt and halt their navy alt with the STP and M logos... I kinda thought of how it would kinda slap.  Just like MJD7's concept except with modern striping mirrored on either side and the M above the numbers or the STP on the sleeve and the numbers where they are on the rest of the set.

You know what?  Looking back at this... kind of wild that the Dodgers wore something that was one S away from an in-league team.  🤣

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

A few points:

2. The previously leaked photo did not include front numbers.

they are not superbad.

i wonder what difference  there will be from 200 dollar replica to the 400 dollar elite authentic.

when everything is sublimated anyway.

and i think they should have switched the colors so it was a blue jersey with black outline of the buildings!

that i think would be a lot better instead of an all black jersey again!

wish i could make one in photoshop.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I can see Stockholm Syndrome is already starting to kick in based on the replies. 

7 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

It really seems to be honing in on neon red within blue metal channels.  Any locals know of any famous marquees in the city that use this look?

The only one I could think of is Massey Hall (they city's most historic music venue), but their sign is mostly red.

spacer.png

Based on their teasers it seems like they're going for more of a generic "bright lights, big city" type of vibe.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 2:39 AM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

So... as I mentioned, we've got three uniforms left missing.  I was able to find on Twitter mentions of the St. Louis blues being delayed until June.  I knew I'd read that on here somewhere.  I also found mention by fans that the Brewers are awaiting their City Connects.

Then there's the Cubs.  I've had the Wikipedia page for the City Connect program up because it has the dates and days for each so I don't have to keep reopening other pages.  Looking at it a second ago, I just realized that it says the Cubs wear their City Connects on Friday home games "June-September".  That... seemed... odd.  So I went back through the Getty galleries for their games.  In June 2021, the uniforms were revealed.  Since then, it appears (unless a couple slipped through out of the 486-ish games) that they have every year started wearing them at the start of June and then gone back to home pinstripes the last few Friday home games.  I can see wanting your fans to see the traditional look at Wrigley at the start and end of the season.  It's just odd to see that it seems a concerted effort to hold them off until two months in.  I've never heard this mentioned before.

Post game today (per Brewer beat writer on Twitter), the scoreboard graphics were showing a player in the City Connect uniform, possibly an indication that they're coming soon.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

Despite experiencing black City Connect fatigue, I actually dig these. The blue and red really pop against the black, and I like the decision to go with red socks and undersleeves. 

• Like 3