MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

I feel like the A's putting that out there is sort of like making a photo album or scrap book and giving it to a girlfriend after you break up with her. 

"I know I left you for the neighbor, but here's this to remember all the good times" 😂

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I feel like the A's putting that out there is sort of like making a photo album or scrap book and giving it to a girlfriend after you break up with her. 

"I know I left you for the neighbor, but here's this to remember all the good times" 😂

Athletics to their fans: "It's not you, it's me..."

• LOL 5

would have been nicer to exclude Mt. Davis since their best moments came before it was erected.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

57 seasons. 4,493 Games. 4 World Series Titles. 6 American League Pennants. 17 American League West Crowns. 21 Playoff Appearances. 7 Hall of Famers. 7 Most Valuable Players. 5 Cy Youngs. 7 Rookies of the Year. 4 Managers of the Year. Over 1,000 players. 1 Home.

Yeah, what a history, and to think they're throwing it all away to play in America's most hideous city.

If I were to rank relocations by level of righteous indignation, I'd always say Winnipeg Jets at 1 and Supersonics at 2 but the A's might tie for second.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

The cowards aren't even allowing replies to that tweet (or on their Twitter at all).

I think the A's have disabled comments on their Twitter and IG page for almost a year now 😂 

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

10 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Yeah, what a history, and to think they're throwing it all away to play in America's most hideous city.

If I were to rank relocations by level of righteous indignation, I'd always say Winnipeg Jets at 1 and Supersonics at 2 but the A's might tie for second.

Relocations just suck in general. It's just a brutal reminder that all of sports are about the dollar bill. Hard to argue on the Coyotes moving to Utah. But almost every other relocation is just a gut punch to the fans,, when in reality the issue is always a rich team owner arguing with a city that has no money in order to hash out a stadium.

College sports are in a weird place as well currently, but at least I know that the team(s) I follow will always be there with their history and traditions in tact. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

Relocations just suck in general. It's just a brutal reminder that all of sports are about the dollar bill. Hard to argue on the Coyotes moving to Utah. But almost every other relocation is just a gut punch to the fans,, when in reality the issue is always a rich team owner arguing with a city that has no money in order to hash out a stadium.

College sports are in a weird place as well currently, but at least I know that the team(s) I follow will always be there with their history and traditions in tact. 

That's not the case in Oakland though. Oakland had plenty of money lined up (to be reimbursed by the A's), and it was all infrastructure money that couldn't be used on anything else. The A's issues were with Schnitzer Steel and trying to build out office space and housing on a waste site that overlooked the water. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The A's issues were with Schnitzer Steel and trying to build out office space and housing on a waste site that overlooked the water. 

And given certain trends, how long will it be until that site is under the water? Building anything right on a coast right now is just dumb.

Edited by M59
emphasis

19 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

nm getting off topic

Indeed, there's a whole topic on the Oakland stadium situation and other MLB stadiums over in Sports in General. Let's keep that talk over there.

On 8/8/2024 at 7:39 PM, The_Admiral said:

Eh, I'd put the original Browns at three, the North Stars at four (couldn't go to the Target Center because of soda contracts), and the Rams from LA to St. Louis at five. Oakland would be number six, for all the awful optics and how the destination city doesn't even want them.

The logo is fine, but what it represents is horrendous and a black mark on the sport.

7 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Oakland would be number six, for all the awful optics and how the destination city doesn't even want them.

You reminded me of the Chargers. Making new thread

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫