Johnson & Johnson new logo

stumpygremlin

They're getting rid of their 130 year-old script logo for the corporation and replacing it with a sans serif wordmark.

This image provided by Johnson & Johnson shows the company's new logo unveiled on Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023. The health care giant said Thursday that it will replace the well-known signature script it has used since 1887 with a modern look that reflects its sharpened focus on pharmaceuticals and medical devices. (Johnson & Johnson via AP)

The original script will still be used, for now, on consumer products that will be made by Kenvue, a new company spun off from J&J, who is focusing on pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Their reasoning included the fact that kids aren't learning cursive anymore in schools.

Johnson & Johnson is getting rid of its script logo after more than 130 years | AP News

• Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The fact J&J had used the exact same logo since 1887 is mind blowing.

I can't think of another logo that's older than J&J (maybe Coca-Cola, or Shell?) but the fact that this logo was used for that long shows the test of time.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

2 minutes ago, GrayJ12 said:

I can't think of another logo that's older than J&J (maybe Coca-Cola, or Shell?) but the fact that this logo was used for that long shows the test of time.

I'm not so sure Coca-Cola even existed in 1887

6uXNWAo.png

4 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

Twinings logo hasn't changed since 1787.

spacer.png

https://www.imagerelay.com/blog/oldest-logos-that-still-exist-today#:~:text=What Is the Oldest Unaltered,two centuries ago%2C in 1787.

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

Coke's last alteration was 2003. So yea.

Coca-Cola-Logo-History.jpg

If this trend continues, then I expect this to be the next Coke logo, which would bring it full circle.

Screenshot-20230914-190813.png

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I hate current minimalism trend. Basically everyone could be a designer right now because it just about finding a proper font. No other skill is needed anymore.

You and me both. It's all about what apparently looks good on a smartphone app icon, despite the fact that plenty of those icons are full-on pictures that look just fine and that most people aren't clamoring for apps for the companies changing their logos anyway.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 9/15/2023 at 10:25 AM, kmccarthy27 said:

spacer.png

I was gonna point out that the New Coke wordmark is still in use in the Diet Coke line, but it looks like they updated it as some point and I never noticed.  

bevcc18.gallery_4e2b9308-e410-48c7-bc13-

Looks like another version was used as recently as 2013:

diet-coke.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I was gonna point out that the New Coke wordmark is still in use in the Diet Coke line, but it looks like they updated it as some point and I never noticed.  

diet-coke.png

Never been to the UK, but just noticed that the "D" in "Diet" is different, and thia is the first time I've seen "Coke" written in the same std 81j38w-emtL._AC_SL1500_.jpghea've 

I've heard of "crossing the T's" but never "crossing the K's" before.

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

diet-coke.png

You know the rumored legend about Diet Coke?  

Diet Coke is allegedly a sugar free version of New Coke, which its never referred to as Diet CocaCola, because its not a Diet verson CocaCola. While Coke Zero was anointed CocaCola Zero (Sugar) because its in fact a sugar free version of CocaCola. CocaCola did not want to name anything diet, sugar free, zero "Coca Cola" until they got something that acuatually resembled CocaCola. 

11 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

You know the rumored legend about Diet Coke?  

Diet Coke is allegedly a sugar free version of New Coke, which its never referred to as Diet CocaCola, because its not a Diet verson CocaCola. While Coke Zero was anointed CocaCola Zero (Sugar) because its in fact a sugar free version of CocaCola. CocaCola did not want to name anything diet, sugar free, zero "Coca Cola" until they got something that acuatually resembled CocaCola. 

In the US only or everywhere?

27531197317150.jpg

800564.jpg