This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

It seems unlikely that the Maulers will ever play a game in Pittsburgh.  Out of all of the teams that did not return coming out of the merger, the Breakers are the most likely to return and actually play games in the city that they were designated for.  I would say the Sea Dragons as well but I can't see them returning yet until the league is able to add teams closer to them.  Now the issue is where? Denver?  Utah?  Portland?  The reports are that they didn't go to California due to costs.  Obviously Vegas did not work.  

Of the teams that did not return, here's how I rank it from most likely to ever play a game in their city in the UFL to least likely:

1. New Orleans Breakers
  2. Seattle Sea Dragons (if the UFL can get other Western cities)
  3. Philadelphia Stars
  4. New Jersey Generals
  5. The Gamblers (they would be higher if the UFL brings them back and moves them to a state where Gambling is legal, like Oklahoma)
  6. Orlando Guardians
  7. Pittsburgh Maulers
  8. Vegas Vipers

52 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

It seems unlikely that the Maulers will ever play a game in Pittsburgh.  Out of all of the teams that did not return coming out of the merger, the Breakers are the most likely to return and actually play games in the city that they were designated for.  I would say the Sea Dragons as well but I can't see them returning yet until the league is able to add teams closer to them.  Now the issue is where? Denver?  Utah?  Portland?  The reports are that they didn't go to California due to costs.  Obviously Vegas did not work.  

Of the teams that did not return, here's how I rank it from most likely to ever play a game in their city in the UFL to least likely:

1. New Orleans Breakers
  3. Philadelphia Stars
  4. New Jersey Generals
  5. The Gamblers (they would be higher if the UFL brings them back and moves them to a state where Gambling is legal, like Oklahoma)
  6. Orlando Guardians
  7. Pittsburgh Maulers
  8. Vegas Vipers

The only way the Gamblers should come back is in Houston, but I don't think it will happen. Louisiana is just as likely a spot for a team with that name as well as Oklahoma. I also don't think we need teams to have a USFL identity just because they had a previous USFL identity at some point in their past. For New Orleans, I think they need to be in Tulane's stadium and not the rugby league team site. Philadelphia and New Jersey should try getting into the MLS stadiums where they were from. If they were brought back together, along with Seattle and possibly Portland or Salt Lake City, it could work. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The only way the Gamblers should come back is in Houston, but I don't think it will happen. Louisiana is just as likely a spot for a team with that name as well as Oklahoma. I also don't think we need teams to have a USFL identity just because they had a previous USFL identity at some point in their past. For New Orleans, I think they need to be in Tulane's stadium and not the rugby league team site. Philadelphia and New Jersey should try getting into the MLS stadiums where they were from. If they were brought back together, along with Seattle and possibly Portland or Salt Lake City, it could work. 

Would Denver have worked?  

Just now, GDAWG said:

Would Denver have worked?  

It can work. It think Commerce City was discussed as a potential relocation site for Vegas last year, a or a USFL team if both leagues were still separate this season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

1. New Orleans Breakers
  3. Philadelphia Stars
  4. New Jersey Generals
  6. Orlando Guardians
  7. Pittsburgh Maulers
  8. Vegas Vipers

UFL in 2026 (crossing fingers)

EAST

Birmingham 

D.C.

Memphis 

New Orleans (relocated from Houston '25)

Orlando (relocated from Michigan '25)

WEST

Arlington 

San Antonio 

San Diego (expansion '26)

Seattle (expansion '26)

St. Louis

5 hours ago, MalibuSunrise said:

EAST

Birmingham 

D.C.

Memphis 

WEST

Arlington 

San Antonio 

Seattle (expansion '26)

St. Louis

I'd probably swap St. Louis and Memphis. Preserves the Battlehawks-Defenders rivalry (the only real rivalry in the league). Plus Memphis is closer to the Texas teams.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MalibuSunrise said:

EAST

Birmingham 

D.C.

Memphis 

WEST

Arlington 

San Antonio 

Seattle (expansion '26)

St. Louis

If you ditch the USFL/XFL conferences, I'd keep Memphis and St. Louis together. I think that short distance would help their rivalry much better. New Orleans is further west than St. Louis as well. 

35 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Nashville Tunes sounds a lot better than Tuners

I'd go with Rhythm instead of either of these. It just flows better too. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So, I'm actually going to see a UFL game in a couple days. Going to be at The BattleDome in Inferior Missouri City. Still, should be entertaining. Will absolutely provide pictures. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I shall say what I want. I'll suffer the downvotes or snarky comments in exchange. Such is the price. 

But seriously, I do want to experience a game live. And you all should still have the Rams. The "inferior city" stuff is obviously scheissesprachen and should be interpreted as such. 

• Applause 1

The Beer Snake at Defenders home games has a new rule-

Fans cannot personally  “feed the snake”. Cups will be collected by a designated person in each section who will then take it to the snake section.

That is the most, uh, slowed down, idea I've ever heard. The beer snake is the one thing people associate with this league and the stadium wants to kill it. 

Makes me wonder who it is that would benefit more from the beer snake not existing than the beer snake existing. 

• LOL 1

50 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

That is the most, uh, slowed down, idea I've ever heard. The beer snake is the one thing people associate with this league and the stadium wants to kill it. 

Makes me wonder who it is that would benefit more from the beer snake not existing than the beer snake existing. 

I can’t wait until the fans say “f*** it” and there ends up being multiple beer snakes

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I can’t wait until the fans say “f*** it” and there ends up being multiple beer snakes

I like this idea, then they all get put together at the end of the game 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Beer Snake at Defenders home games has a new rule-

Fans cannot personally  “feed the snake”. Cups will be collected by a designated person in each section who will then take it to the snake section.

Aren't the beer snake seats the cheapest? Not like they have to worry about people sneaking into a better section without paying. 

I just don't get the insistence in killing the one genuinely beloved novelty that was created... And it sells a TON of beer to grow it. Why would you be against it as a venue?

• Applause 1