The Los Angeles Rams need a uniform repair big time

I am sorry, but after 2021 all the way til now, the Rams uniforms started becoming very stale. The horns on the helmets are just ugly and uninspiring. I really agree with @Carolingian Steamroller @ramsjetsthunder and @Ted Cunningham (I've always have agreed with them). The highlighter yellow is not glamourous at all. It looks like a neon :censored: show to be honest. Plus, they ruined a royal blue shell/helmet for garbage that we are seeing besides the stupid horns,

1. The gradient is so 1990's
2. The number font + the design of the number fonts are so ugly and outdated

3. The mix match shoulder designs on the jerseys of the royal and the stupid ass bone jerseys are degrading at best

4. The bone jerseys and pants are absolutely STUPID!!!

5. The patches do NOT need to be on the jerseys.

I saw like many concepts done by @Indigo among others and three I will post in a bit, and let me tell you, I was drawn by these looks. I feel that if the Rams was trying to capture the fans in Los Angeles, they could of at least did this,

972b8a90133117.5e1e6192cccce.jpg?resize=

ff995090133117.5e1e6192cb5c5.jpg?resize=

Los Angeles Rams Uniform Redesign on Behance

I know it looks University of Michigan, but I actually like how they fixed the problems of the 1973-1999 design which I think looks good in my opinion.

Then this,

nfl-redesign-jersey-concept-l-a-rams.png

NFL Uniform Redesigns - Our Concept Jerseys Fix What's Broken (wanderingeye.marketing)

Whoever made this concept, I think they should of went with an all-white (just navy and white) with navy blue socks look as an alternative uniform and not the St. Louis colors. That dead navy and khaki/buffalo brown looked terrible. Hell, the athletic gold uniforms and white pants with blue and athletic gold trim also can be another alternative uniform as well with this design.

My all time favorite is from Indigo

zayK9zW.png

e0zzUhW.jpeg

I think the Rams need to re-examine their fan base and listen to them. This garbage has to stop. Their look is subpar. Their approach to the fan base with these types of uniforms is archaic (going back to the 1990's) and their stocks for this merchandise only shows a high percentage buy the 1973-1999 designs more than their new ones.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

The Michigan resemblance claim is kind of a reach.

Not really. University of Michigan has the best uniforms next to University of Pittsburgh right now because not only with the return of bright colors for Pittsburgh, but the Michigan Wolverines College Colors remain the same as so did the uniforms. Now that is consistency.

• Meh 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Any navy/yellow Rams helmet with a white facemask is a non-starter.  Throw it in the bin.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 hours ago, BBTV said:

Any navy/yellow Rams helmet with a white facemask is a non-starter.  Throw it in the bin.

Any helmet with Rams horns and a facemask a color other than the base helmet color is a non-starter. White/grey/sol whatever takes your attention away from the design element, in this case, the horns. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I  appreciate the Rams current uniforms. 

• The helmet color/finish looks wonderful
  • Yeah, the number application is different, but it's not bad. The numbers are legible, the swooshes in the trim are subtle but tasteful. 
  • Yesterday was a good example of how the blue pants should be worn ... it's a gradient doing what it's supposed to do and isn't distracting. 

My only issue is that the "bone" jerseys are in a different category. The sleeve cap area is a hodgepodge of sloppiness...looks like a broken AI program spit it out. The use of white on bone in both the jersey and pants don't make sense. 

If the Rams just ditched the bone uniform, they're fine. Contemporary, colorful, but still unquestionably the Rams at first glance. I would still personally wish for the 2018-19 Super Bowl year uniforms for home and then a white-and-navy "clash" to wear on the road and for select home games -- really disappointed they didn't go that route when it kind of felt like they were leaning that way with the white horned helmets before the rebrand. 

Their biggest problem is the logo set, if anything

On 12/11/2023 at 7:03 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Well to be honest, I'm not desperate for a Rams redo myself. I can see what this was supposed to look like and I think it's turned out better than it seemed in spring 2020. For example, the two original primary looks, when worn as intended, are quite good.

65126d4608ce50.75195807.jpeg?w=2560&h=14

859a2b46-81d4-47be-ad1b-839f9179361b.siz

And this has worked out quite well indeed.

super-bowl-los-angeles-rams-aaron-donald

Out of the three looks that you listed, the only one that looks remotely good is the white on yellow that they wore in the Super Bowl.

The other two are two of the worst looks in the new set (all bone with bone socks is the worst by a mile). The only way I can find this set tolerable is if the Rams stick to only ever wearing blue over yellow and white over yellow, with the occasional white over blue if contrast is needed. Burn all bone uniform elements.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Out of the three looks that you listed, the only one that looks remotely good is the white on yellow that they wore in the Super Bowl.

The other two are two of the worst looks in the new set (all bone with bone socks is the worst by a mile). The only way I can find this set tolerable is if the Rams stick to only ever wearing blue over yellow and white over yellow, with the occasional white over blue if contrast is needed. Burn all bone uniform elements.

That's just my opinion. I happen to think the blue over blue (where you can see the elements shift from yellow to white and back to yellow) and the bone over bone with blue socks (where we get a continuous yellow/white pattern from knee to the shoulder) look good. 

Again. This is my personal opinion.

The combinations I don't like is the bone over yellow and the bone over blue which don't mesh well because they were never intended to be worn together.

The current set isn't awful in a vacuum, but:

• I will always prefer the Rams in yellow/gold pants,
  • the gradients don't really do anything for me, and
  • the bone is way too close to white to work when actual white is right next to it.

It's the third-best uniform set in team history, and feels like it was designed (at least at first) to depart from team tradition as much as possible - new horns, less of the yellow pants, new numbers, new shades of yellow and blue, etc. For me it's less about the design itself and more about what the team could be wearing instead. So here's a hot take: put this design in red/white/bone on the Cardinals (replacing the ram horns with the Cards logo) and people would be a lot more forgiving of it.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 4:26 PM, DCarp1231 said:

What’s wrong with the boneRam?

spacer.png

it's simply not a very strong rendering of a goats' head. It lacks expressiveness, depth, detail, emotion, and craftsmanship. Not a good logo at all. It's most frustrating to me because so many designers immediately saw it, thought "I can make a better version of this in 5 minutes" and then did. Fraser Davidson was among these, and his version would be a massive upgrade and feels like an NFL-caliber primary logo without being feeling too much like a generic "angry animal head" logo.
0b1a3e24d4cf23c8ba6b12529d85f3a5.jpg?res

• Like 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

It seems most redesigns are on the same page. Here is one (shameless plug) I put together about three years ago, using the updated ram horn on the helmet and sleeve, but moving the numbers to the shoulders. Colors are back to royal and yellow-gold.

50485206856_71707075f2_o.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016