2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

7 hours ago, AstroCreep said:

This was a huge victim of the Edge sets because the logo got too small and the stripes never connected as intended. 

I could see what you're saying about the stripes, but that logo was just a bad logo for a hockey jersey. This isn't baseball, conventional design isn't to have a short, wide wordmark across your chest. Some teams have done it for an alternate, the only other team I can think of that's done a straight-across wordmark logo for their primaries is the Caps, and I don't like that look either. The Mighty Ducks logo is the best logo this franchise has ever had by a country mile, but the webbed D was still a massive upgrade over the "Ducks" script on the Cup-winning uniforms.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2024 at 4:07 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Blue and red never touch on the away jersey. And blue numbers outlined in red without a floating outline end up looking purplish because the colors bleed into each other

The double outline just makes sense for the Habs. Who cares that it's only used on one of their jerseys. They're mismatched anyways

Well when they first changed the numbers the white jersey did have blue collars touching the red yoke.

spacer.png

There's also plenty of other teams who's font outlines don't match the jerseys. By your logic the Blackhawks should have double outlines on their away jersey, since the black & red stripes never touch. The Flames' home jersey doesn't have yellow & white touching, but the logo & numbers look fine.

• WOAH 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Well when they first changed the numbers the white jersey did have blue collars touching the red yoke.

That was last worn 17 years ago.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Francis10 said:

That'd be the Screagle. The Weagle is their current shoulder patch.

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times...this in RWB (or a slightly less busy version) should be the full time set.

And here is where I'll stand alone on my own and advocate for the [return of] the BBB colorway. Yeah, yeah, DC, nation's capital...so what? The blue/bronze/black colorway was much more distinctive—and still somewhat unique to pro sports.

(And I may or may not be saying this just bcuz it's one of my favorite colorways or because the '95-'08 Capitals sets are still my favorite sports uniforms of all time....)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, tBBP said:

And here is where I'll stand alone on my own and advocate for the [return of] the BBB colorway. Yeah, yeah, DC, nation's capital...so what? The blue/bronze/black colorway was much more distinctive—and still somewhat unique to pro sports.

(And I may or may not be saying this just bcuz it's one of my favorite colorways or because the '95-'08 Capitals sets are still my favorite sports uniforms of all time....)

toronto-on-peter-bondra-of-the-washingto

The blue jersey look is one of my favorite NHL uniforms ever. It's too bad they got victimized by a case of Alternate Takeover Disease because they were far superior to the all black thirds that became the primary. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

30 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I've never understood the love for the gapped number outline on thr Habs road jerseys. I've always thought the numbers look weaker with that extra white space. 

My opinion - The offset outline is consistent with the logo on the front and the stripes on the hem, pants, and socks. Feels considered and intentional whereas a straight red on blue outline clashes with how the two colors are treated in relation to each other in every other part of the uniform. I don't think one way is weaker than the other, but I do think one way is shabbier than the other. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

I can't argue with this at all. They're beauts regardless of color.

The screagle, the weagle and heck even the capitol building/hockey sticks are all superior logos to the current script that looks like it belongs to a mortgage company.

• Like 4

sig.png

33 minutes ago, Sport said:

My opinion - The offset outline is consistent with the logo on the front and the stripes on the hem, pants, and socks. Feels considered and intentional whereas a straight red on blue outline clashes with how the two colors are treated in relation to each other in every other part of the uniform. I don't think one way is weaker than the other, but I do think one way is shabbier than the other. 

Yeah, I'd rather have the (imo) better designed numbers, even if it means they're slightly mismatched with the rest of the jersey

• Meh 1
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Yeah, I'd rather have the (imo) better designed numbers, even if it means they're slightly mismatched with the rest of the jersey

Yeah, I'd rather have the better designed numbers, because it means they match with the rest of the jersey

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1

PvO6ZWJ.png