2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

Someone at work was telling me today that the Avalanche are trying to stop Yeti from being the name for Utah because of their retro gear having the footprint. I haven't seen or heard anything about that, feels like it definitely would have been posted in here if that was true

26 minutes ago, MalibuSunrise said:

Utah BliZZard with a cartoonish Yeti skiing or snowboarding. 😉

Quebec City did it

Quebec Rafales Logo Primary Logo (1996/97-1997/98) -  SportsLogos.Net

• Like 7
  • Love 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Some things from the past don't need to be revisited. When the Jazz, Buzz, and Grizzlies were all playing at the same time and had the double z thing, it was a cute little coincidence. The fact that it gave rise to forced nonsense like Starzz, Blitzz, and Catzz should be a stark warning against ever approaching this idea again.

• Like 5

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

2 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Some things from the past don't need to be revisited. When the Jazz, Buzz, and Grizzlies were all playing at the same time and had the double z thing, it was a cute little coincidence. The fact that it gave rise to forced nonsense like Starzz, Blitzz, and Catzz should be a stark warning against ever approaching this idea again.

Says the guy who has two XXs in his name... 🤔

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • WOAH 1

On 6/7/2024 at 4:56 AM, The_Admiral said:

The standalone webbed D is a better logo than it gets credit for. It just gets bogged down by the Ducks' weird black/orange/beige color scheme and nostalgia for an Emilio Estevez movie. Conceptually, it's solid.

'Solid', maybe. But the execution is weak.  To me, it always looked like one of the first sketches that a designer had done in their notepad. Vectorised it, cleaned it up and presented it as an option. And that's what they've had for this whole time. It's always felt massively half-baked to me. It's not even a nice looking shape - it's lopsided with pointy corners and a drop shadow to boot.

Nah, I just think an NHL logo should imbue a formidable sense of honour and history, and the webbed D just feels slapdash.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 6/8/2024 at 2:26 AM, Haz_Matt said:

Someone at work was telling me today that the Avalanche are trying to stop Yeti from being the name for Utah because of their retro gear having the footprint. I haven't seen or heard anything about that, feels like it definitely would have been posted in here if that was true

Well,  it was something  like that i talked about.

But if the Avs are so butthurt over this........ then bring the :censored:ing foot back to the jersey!! 🤗

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Well,  it was something  like that i talked about.

But if the Avs are so butthurt over this........ then bring the :censored:ing foot back to the jersey!! 🤗

I know the similarities in potential logos has been discussed, he made it sound like there was an actual filing in place or at least a strongly worded letter sent to SEG about not using it

• Like 1

So I guess the Ducks were using Reverse Retro 2 to experiment with orange gear after all.

The EIHL's Sheffield Steelers use all orange gear so this may give an idea of how it could look (albeit without all the ads)

1bJIKyP.jpeg

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Honestly an all orange look could be great, and it would help them to really stand out from Philly, who uses black gear. 

It didn’t necessarily look terrible for the RR 2.0

I feel like a lot of this depends on how nice the new Mighty Ducks logo looks. If it’s a nice update, this could be a fun new refresh for the Ducks. 

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, wildwing64 said:

So I guess the Ducks were using Reverse Retro 2 to experiment with orange gear after all.

The EIHL's Sheffield Steelers use all orange gear so this may give an idea of how it could look (albeit without all the ads)

1bJIKyP.jpeg

Okay, seeing that makes me think it might not be as bad as I may have pictured.

• Like 6

deK8sJk.png

35 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Honestly an all orange look could be great, and it would help them to really stand out from Philly, who uses black gear. 

It didn’t necessarily look terrible for the RR 2.0

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

Okay, seeing that makes me think it might not be as bad as I may have pictured.

My first thought when we heard about orange pants for the RR 2 was "oh no" but I ended up liking how it looked. So I'm cautiously optimistic about this new set.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017