2024 NFL Changes

21 hours ago, McCall said:

Right amount of gold.

Missing Rings – 1999 Jacksonville Jaguars | Taylor Blitz Times

Jaguars vs Steelers: This week in Jaguars history - Big Cat Country

Sure would love to see these on the modern template. 

Not sure why Jacksonville hasn't capitalized on introducing them as a Throwback set...they'd sell a whole bunch of replica jerseys.  The number font hasn't stood the test of time but the rest of the uniform would be just fine in 2024 and beyond.  

This uniform, with their current number font and logo would be a great next (and final) uniform design should they move on from the Coughlin-era unis.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, LMU said:

Which puts us past the five-year mark which would lend them to make more significant changes all-around (dropping bone, removing gradients, etc.)

The team doesn't seem like they're looking to make wholesale changes to their set. They've gradually been phasing out the bone, but beyond that they seem pretty attached to the other logos/uniforms.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Not sure why Jacksonville hasn't capitalized on introducing them as a Throwback set...they'd sell a whole bunch of replica jerseys.  The number font hasn't stood the test of time but the rest of the uniform would be just fine in 2024 and beyond.  

This uniform, with their current number font and logo would be a great next (and final) uniform design should they move on from the Coughlin-era unis.

I could've Google'd before posting:

Fh83SqeWAAgho1m.jpg

Have to fix that pant stripe to Teal/Gold/Black, and go all-Black on the collar, but this is a Yes for me.

• Like 17
  • Love 7
  • Applause 5

20 hours ago, simtek34 said:

The creator really knows their stuff like us, and even mentions Uni-Watch and The GUD too.

But he didn't mention CCSLC which is a humongous blunder.

By the way I don't agree with him that New York Sack Exchange uniforms is the best one for Jets. I like Brodway Joe era much better.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

12 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The team doesn't seem like they're looking to make wholesale changes to their set. They've gradually been phasing out the bone, but beyond that they seem pretty attached to the other logos/uniforms.

That's fine with me. They have good elements with this set, but some small changes would work wonders.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pepis21 said:

But he didn't mention CCSLC which is a humongous blunder.

By the way I don't agree with him that New York Sack Exchange uniforms is the best one for Jets. I like Brodway Joe era much better.

There’s no unanimous opinion on Jets’ best uniform. My personal favorites are the ‘90s look (New York Sack Exchange plus minimal black trim) and the first few years of the throwback look (1998-2001, I think), before the shade of green was darkened and became unpleasant. But there are plenty who agree with you; plenty who want NYSE; plenty who want 1998-era. Nobody is clamoring for the mismatched greens of the pre-2019 Nike era, and I don’t think anybody would say their current look is their best, and my love for the 1990-97 look is probably rare given how bad they were in it. But everything else is basically on the table for debate. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

There’s no unanimous opinion on Jets’ best uniform. My personal favorites are the ‘90s look (New York Sack Exchange plus minimal black trim) and the first few years of the throwback look (1998-2001, I think), before the shade of green was darkened and became unpleasant. But there are plenty who agree with you; plenty who want NYSE; plenty who want 1998-era. Nobody is clamoring for the mismatched greens of the pre-2019 Nike era, and I don’t think anybody would say their current look is their best, and my love for the 1990-97 look is probably rare given how bad they were in it. But everything else is basically on the table for debate. 

I appreciate what you're saying but yeah, as a lifelong Jets fan I think the 1998 Vinny T/Curtis Martin reboot of the classic uniforms was the best they've ever looked. I hate the 80s look, very amateurish and generic. That helmet logo was just bad graphic design.

On 1/26/2024 at 8:19 AM, HOOVER said:

I’m not tolerating slander on the Garrard era number font. 

The current wussy rounded block numbers are boring and much worse.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

17 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

There’s no unanimous opinion on Jets’ best uniform. 

And this is what make discussion great. NYSE is ok and has one huge advantage over Namath look that I think everyone agree with that, it's simple and fit to basically every template. Take batwing, add stripes and voilla. Namath era has problem with that, but is more unique compare to NYSE. I hope nike somehow find a way to make nice shoulder stripes which help Jets went back to Broadway Joe look and with two helmets rule they could make NYSE their 3rd and 4th uniforms.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

8 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

I'd say you are correct. That font is perfectly fine for a throwback. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

8 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Yeah I just disagree.  I think it looks dated in a way that doesn’t even make it good for a Throwback and I think their current font is one of the best in the league.

My opinion:  “boring” is good for name & number fonts.  

Where things go sideways is when people think numbers are supposed to be fancy & artful.  They always become dated (if they ever work at all).  

They are simply player identifiers and should thus be clean, simple, legible, and not distract from or compete with the rest of the uniform.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 2

22 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’d prefer a balance of the modern and classic jag, or the classic jag without a broken jaw making it look “goofy.”

spacer.png

I stumbled up this mashup of both eras. The jaw still looks a bit broken.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

If this is the "Garrard era" jersey, then it's absolutely not worth being brought back as a throwback.  I can't speak for their fans, but I can't imagine there's any connection to that uniform or any form of nostalgia there.

And that number font is laughable.  Fortunately, I think it'd be too tough to recreate on Nike's silly-ass templates, which may be the only positive thing that I can say about them.

635655974040684281-107049554_1388979_ver

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If this is the "Garrard era" jersey, then it's absolutely not worth being brought back as a throwback.  I can't speak for their fans, but I can't imagine there's any connection to that uniform or any form of nostalgia there.

And that number font is laughable.  Fortunately, I think it'd be too tough to recreate on Nike's silly-ass templates, which may be the only positive thing that I can say about them.

635655974040684281-107049554_1388979_ver

I'm very sure he meant the uniforms before those bland a$$ things came out

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, LunarLeo said:

I'm very sure he meant the uniforms before those bland a$$ things came out

pixel.gif20081214__20081215_C09_SP15FBNJAGUARSp1.

Yes, I'm sure he was referring to these, but he's probably the only person on Planet Earth who calls them "Garrard Era".  

Boselli-era.

Brunell-era.

McCardell-Smith-era.
Tony Freakin' Brackens-era.

Anything but David Garrard-era (he was only the starter in that uniform for 2 seasons).

• Like 6

To continue the Jag-jacking of this thread, if/when Jacksonville finally does a Throwback uniform to this beloved set, I'd argue they should go all the way back to the beginning, not just 1997:

43435b96-2513-421f-8ee0-8cb0b08f06f7-USA

GSZNFP3EAJDPFI67PXPNEHGM4I.jpg?_a=AJFJtW

These block number bad boys made for a very good uniform.  

Still, I'm on the side of things that says their current Coughlin-era set are still very, very good (when the right combos are worn):

N2DK5X5KNBBYDHAEUGT3TAVHPU.jpg?_a=AJFJtW

Keep these, wear them right (Teal/White/Teal or Black, White/Teal/White or Black, Black/White/Black, Black/Teal/Black, never any Black pants), and introduce the '95-96 set and as their Throwback and they're good to go forever.

If they *need* a Color Rush (b/c NFL/NIKE), add a Matte White helmet and wear White/White/White to finally achieve the Snow Leopard look they've teased in marketing.  

It is not difficult.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1