2024 NFL Changes

1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

Because it matches the sleeves/socks stripes?

O/W/O looks better though. I understand uniformity has it's place, but sometimes you need to go with the better look. And as far as matching the sleeves. It doesn't match the sleeves on the home jersey, not that they'd wear O/B/B with the primaries. They should be uniform to that shirt since the white pants are uniform to the white shirt. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Commanders having stencil font makes no sense because stencils are nowhere in the teams branding, it was just a desperate attempt to have something "cool" in their look because the rest of the brand had nothing else going on. If any team is gonna do it then it needs to be the Steelers.

"Commanders" is literally a military-inspired brand.  The military has long used, and is known for, stenciled fonts.  Are you unable to make the connection or just not aware?

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

"Commanders" is literally a military-inspired brand.  The military has long used, and is known for, stenciled fonts.  Are you unable to make the connection or just not aware?

True, but it still looks like hot garbage. That's what happens when the team owner lets his wife design the uniforms (Tanya Snyder in this case). 🤮

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Stencil font looks like the Steelers: when the Steelers use it.

Stencil font looks like the Packers: when the Packers use it.

Stencil numbers looks like :censored:: when the Commanders use it. 

There we go.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

9 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Stencil font looks like :censored: when the Steelers use it.

Stencil font looks like :censored: when the Packers use it.

Stencil font looks like :censored: when the Commanders use it.

Well, the Commanders name is :censored:, and they play like :censored:, so why do you have a problem with them looking like :censored:?

• LOL 8

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Commanders having stencil font makes no sense because stencils are nowhere in the teams branding, it was just a desperate attempt to have something "cool" in their look because the rest of the brand had nothing else going on. If any team is gonna do it then it needs to be the Steelers.

The current team logo is definitely a stencil. They just need to thicken the font up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McCall said:

Well, the Commanders name is :censored:, and they play like :censored:, so why do you have a problem with them looking like :censored:?

“McCall, I am a Commanders fan.”

”So, you think the Commanders look like :censored: and play like :censored:?”

”Again, McCall. I am a Commanders fan.”

“Do you have allegiance to any other team in the NFL?”

”McCall. I am a Commanders fan.”

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, PurpleHayes said:

True, but it still looks like hot garbage. That's what happens when the team owner lets his wife design the uniforms (Tanya Snyder in this case). 🤮

This part, I can't argue with.  Aside from the helmet, the rest is terrible.

25 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Stencil font looks like :censored: when the Steelers use it.

Stencil font looks like :censored: when the Packers use it.

Stencil font looks like :censored: when the Commanders use it.

You're...you're arguing that the Steelers stencil wordmark, that they've used since 1968, and that Packers wordmark, which they've used since 1958, look like :censored:?

How about this?

Your opinion is :censored:.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 4
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I'm obviously aware but what I am saying is that their brand is a lazy attempt at military design. It's the loosest interpretation possible. Outside of the name and the stencil font, there is nothing else going on. Not all stencil means military even and the Packers and Steelers are an example of that.

Regardless of what I think about the branding, the home jersey and helmet are nice looking. I just wish the away jersey didn't have that weird gradient thing going on.

• Like 8

bSLCtu2.png

4 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

You're...you're arguing that the Steelers stencil wordmark, that they've used since 1968, and that Packers wordmark, which they've used since 1958, look like :censored:?

How about this?

Of course I am, because I don’t like it and never have.

?????

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

On 2/5/2024 at 12:26 PM, 4_tattoos said:

The one thing I really like about the Commanders current set are the gold numbers on the burgundy jersey. Bothered me for the longest the team's colors were burgundy and gold, but gold was limited to being an accent color for most of my life. Going forward any burgundy jerseys they have going forward should have gold numbers. Gold pants are a must to be paired with them though.

Do the Packers need to use yellow numbers? Do the Niners need gold numbers? The Browns tried using orange numbers, and it looked terrible. Most teams use their secondary colour as trim on the numbers, if they have any outlines at all.

• Like 1

Just now, AgentColon2 said:

Remember when the Niners used solid red with no trim on that god awful black jersey. 
spacer.png

I could only imagine if they had it now they'd also have some god awful black helmet. 

6 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Do the Packers need to use yellow numbers? Do the Niners need gold numbers? The Browns tried using orange numbers, and it looked terrible. Most teams use their secondary colour as trim on the numbers, if they have any outlines at all.

While I believe the Commanders should always use white numbers on their burgundy jersey, if they so choose to use gold numbers, it needs to be without an outline.

Since we’re talking the underused gold in Washington… any excuse to post this-

spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 2

Wellp, this thread just slid down a slippery :censored:ty slope, now didn’t it???

I don't even know what kind of jacking to call this, so I'll just call it jacked up....

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Wellp, this thread just slid down a slippery :censored:ty slope, now didn’t it???

I don't even know what kind of jacking to call this, so I'll just call it jacked up....

It's the same as it ever was. There's no news, so people post ideas/concepts/wish lists until something breaks.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.