2024 NFL Changes

2 hours ago, AnPheitseog said:

in a job where i'm expected to wear a uniform? I'd be 100% okay being told what to wear.

I'm a soccer ref. I wear the Offical Sports uniform as expected by USSF the way i'm told to wear it. Food service jobs I've worked? Same deal, you wear the uniform. Lifeguarding? again, same deal. ZERO issues with it. It's a sport, you play a uniform.

This sums up the issue perfectly. It shouldn't be that hard to follow a dress code. But the dress code has to be enforced, and that's where this goes off the rails.

• Like 6
  • Huh? 1

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

I really like these looks from the NHL

spacer.png

spacer.png

But that is indoors. Most NHL and NBA teams can pull that off. Being that some teams have outdoor type stadiums, it couldn't possibly work you can try it out for once.

• LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

But that is indoors. Most NHL and NBA teams can pull that off. Being that some teams have outdoor type stadiums, it couldn't possibly work you can try it out for once.

spacer.png

This was literally an outdoor game jersey. And I know your next argument is gonna be that this is a night game and it would look worse in the daytime, and my only response to that is that I disagree. The Texans should wear red jerseys, and if the jersey itself isn't red, the numbers should be.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d like to know which players are uniform nerds like us or at least understand that a good uniform isn’t all one color.

And whoever they are, put them in charge of the teams uniform every week.

8 hours ago, ruttep said:

Not sold on this in the slightest.

It was perfect for the time it came out.  While I never cared for the logo itself, I loved  the uniforms as  they we very unique and well executed.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ruttep said:

Hate to say it, but designing a good uniform and designing a uniform that the players like are becoming two very different things. From what I understand about current players' uniform opinions, they'd be estatic about every game being all-black 🔥🔥🔥 vs all-white 🥶🥶🥶

All you need to know about giving any weight to what the players like is to look at them getting off the bus in their street clothes.  Some know how to look sharp, others look like they  walked through a tornado of clothes and are wearing whatever landed on them.

9 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

This was literally an outdoor game jersey. And I know your next argument is gonna be that this is a night game and it would look worse in the daytime, and my only response to that is that I disagree. The Texans should wear red jerseys, and if the jersey itself isn't red, the numbers should be.

Yes, but do you think the medium red (it is darker than the Kansas City Chiefs red they use) would work with navy blue? Because if you make the white trim at least legible similar to the Raiders white throwbacks from their 1970 look where the black trim was slightly thicker to make the silver numbers look in place instead of a thin black trim which would make the silver numbers hard to read.

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

This should not have worked. But aside from the terrible logo, I still think these uniforms are fantastic. I don't know how you go with neon green as your primary color and not look obnoxious, but the Thunder pulled it off. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Ok, but that WFL Portland team has navy blue numbers with white trim on an electric lime jersey and you wasn't sold on that?

No. I just don't like the "electric lime" color. I think of it more as "puke green".

• Hurl 2

42 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Yes, but do you think the medium red (it is darker than the Kansas City Chiefs red they use) would work with navy blue? Because if you make the white trim at least legible similar to the Raiders white throwbacks from their 1970 look where the black trim was slightly thicker to make the silver numbers look in place instead of a thin black trim which would make the silver numbers hard to read.

Yes, I do think it would work. I think we just have to agree to disagree on this one.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ruttep said:

No. I just don't like the "electric lime" color. I think of it more as "puke green".

The lime green like Orlando used  and Seattle uses are great colors for me.  Green is one of those tricky colors, however, that depending on lighting, medium, etc. than can go from nice looking to awful in a hurry.  What I consider to be "puke green" is duller  than the Thunder's unis, but in reality it's not far off.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Yes, I do think it would work. I think we just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I guess I am more partial to white numbers with whatever secondary color trim on very dark uniforms (i.e burgundy, navy blue, maroon, black, pewter (god forbid), and slate grey).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

This should not have worked. But aside from the terrible logo, I still think these uniforms are fantastic. I don't know how you go with neon green as your primary color and not look obnoxious, but the Thunder pulled it off. 

This design, with an updated logo & design elements on a modern template would not be terrible.  Not suitable for the NFL, but perfectly balanced and attractive for a team in the UFL, for example, or a college program on a growth track.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Would be nice if the mothership stopped perpetuating these rumors by reporting on Reddit junk as if it has any credibility... https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/01/16/could-seattle-seahawks-get-new-uniforms-in-2024/football/

To be fair, the Broncos' rumors that were first shared on Reddit seem to have some credibility when you could have easily dismissed them as "Reddit junk," as well. We also didn't report that the Seahawks were getting new uniforms, only presented the rumor, gave historical context and reached out to the Seahawks to allow them to confirm or deny the rumor. They never responded. Now that they have, we'll have another story. We did exactly what we're supposed to do, whether a rumor turns out to be true or not.

• Like 2