2024 NFL Changes

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I assume the Browns will change the number font back to block in 2025 since the 5 year deal would be up from when they introduced the new/old look in 2020. So basically what the Browns will be saying saying is to forget the last 10 years happened.

18 years, our beloved brownies went gray facemasks in 2006

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

3 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

The brown facemask, for what it's worth, represented a new and (slightly) more successful era of Browns football. The white facemask just remind me of years of futility and quarterback hell. Count me in the minority, I guess. 

Bernie Kosar dude, Brian Sipe pal

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

1 hour ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Backtracking to Baltimore here: I'm not sure what to expect or hope for with an alternate Ravens helmet. I honestly do not care for an alternate. I have a fear that this will become a second helmet for the sake of having one. Maybe that has a lot to do with having the black helmet being so good, it never needed any changes in the first place.

Now as for revising the black alternate, I'm not sure how to feel. The purple/gold number would work as I've seen it in the few times I visited open practices at training camps of years' past, but should I be concerned that the numbers could get lost while watching the standard overhead broadcast camera?

I think the black helmet needs one single change: replacing the late-nineties “totally awesome” half-length stripes with traditional Braisher stripes. (And then they should add matching stripes to the black pants so they can never again do the yoga pants look.)

I’ve seen a purple-flake finish proposed and would be fine with or without that. The helmet should always, ALWAYS be glossy, though, like a raven’s feathers. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 12:22 PM, HOOVER said:

The 49ers wore Red facemasks from '96-'08.  It wasn't an improvement.  

56562425.0.jpg

Some looks truly are timeless and don't need to be modernized.  Here are two of them:

urnpublicidap.orgec6a7d6257be123175b6ad6

However, if you're asking for a future alternate, I'm sure you'll eventually get it, and this is what it would look like:

E9-1EyWXEA0-agt?format=jpg&name=large

E9-1EzHXoAMswxU?format=jpg&name=large

Of course that uniform was an overall downgrade.  But red mask doesn't have to mean that uniform.  Red on the current uniform is light years ahead of red on that older uniform.  

• Like 3
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 1
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

3 minutes ago, The Impaler said:

Of course that uniform was an overall downgrade.  But red mask doesn't have to mean that uniform.  Red on the current uniform is light years ahead of red on that older uniform.  

The main problem was that they darkened the red when they switched to that uniform. Even the current uniforms have a slightly darker shade of red to the 80s uniforms (the 80s red was the same shade as the Chiefs). I'd prefer the original 80s shade of red, but the current red is light enough that it isn't an issue.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I think the black helmet needs one single change: replacing the late-nineties “totally awesome” half-length stripes with traditional Braisher stripes. (And then they should add matching stripes to the black pants so they can never again do the yoga pants look.)

I’ve seen a purple-flake finish proposed and would be fine with or without that. The helmet should always, ALWAYS be glossy, though, like a raven’s feathers. 

Gold/purple/gold stripes on that black helmet would look pretty cool I think

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, ruttep said:

The main problem was that they darkened the red when they switched to that uniform. Even the current uniforms have a slightly darker shade of red to the 80s uniforms (the 80s red was the same shade as the Chiefs). I'd prefer the original 80s shade of red, but the current red is light enough that it isn't an issue.

I don't think those 90's unis were bad, they just aren't as nice as what they have now.  

• Like 2
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

4 hours ago, chakdaddy said:

I bet Cowboys would similarly feel wrong if they "corrected" their colors.  

Actually, the Cowboys used to have perfectly "correct" colors, and it was when they went to navy on their dark uniform that everything went wrong.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Slightly dark royal blue.

Slight blue tint to the silver/gray.

Get rid of all navy and conventional silver.

Then sit back and rest with one of the best looks in football.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Actually, the Cowboys used to have perfectly "correct" colors, and it was when they went to navy on their dark uniform that everything went wrong.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Slightly dark royal blue.

Slight blue tint to the silver/gray.

Get rid of all navy and conventional silver.

Then sit back and rest with one of the best looks in football.

I wish Dallas went back to this look.The royal blue and slight slate silver really looked great from 1965-1980. I really wish they think of returning to this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Impaler said:

I don't think those 90's unis were bad, they just aren't as nice as what they have now.  

They were terrible uniforms. They were meant to take inspiration from the 1994 throwback uniforms, but ended up being a downgrade in basically every way. 

Inferior shade of red

Inferior helmet

Inferior helmet logo

Inferior shoulder striping (they added a logo and black shadow to it)

Inferior numbers (the additional gold accent made them way too busy)

Inferior pants

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'd say to put up your dukes, but your arms are too short to box with god.

Gray complements orange and brown so well.  It's a perfect autumnal palette, for the team that looks the most autumnal.

This is correct.  It's why in this particular instance, gray is so obviously the choice it seems weird to have to argue it.

For any of the reasons people might advocate for a gray mask, it works for the Browns...

Want a gray mask because the team is wearing the same basic uniform they were 60 years ago?  The Browns.

Want a gray mask because the team is an old school, outdoor, in the elements, northern team?  The Browns.

Want a gray mask because it looks so ridiculously awesome with the existing color palette of the helmet?  The Browns.

I never question whether or not the Browns need a helmet logo when the mask is gray.  But if you're gonna put a brown mask on it, you might as well stick a big "C" up there too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

They were terrible uniforms. They were meant to take inspiration from the 1994 throwback uniforms, but ended up being a downgrade in basically every way. 

Inferior shade of red

Inferior helmet

Inferior helmet logo

Inferior shoulder striping (they added a logo and black shadow to it)

Inferior numbers (the additional gold accent made them way too busy)

Inferior pants

That god awful 1996-2008 49ers uniforms were gross.

• Applause 2

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Can we euthanize AI artists? Especially when they make :censored:ty “design” decisions like this

Yes, along with euthanizing concepts outside the concept forum. 

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 1

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

That's taking it way too far. Gray is a great facemask color, but putting it in the official color scheme and using it for other uniform elements would look horrible. The only time gray is an acceptable uniform color is in baseball.

The Vegas Golden Knights would like to have a word with you...

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I keep seeing people say this—I see it said about the Panthers' helmets and saw it said about the Snatit's former white helmets too—and I will vehemently, wholeheartedly disagree with it every time. For one, neither the Ravens' nor Snatit's helmet logos really fit with a full braisher (or any full stripe, for that matter), and for two, tapered stripes work perfectly fine when considering the forms of a feather.  Now as far as the Panthers, I do think they'd benefit from reversing the colors to match their shoulder and pants swoops (and maybe shortening the helmet swoops just a bit), but other than that, they're just fine the way they are.

(I won't discuss the Snatit's helmets in this space, except to say they need new ones and when they show up they better not be navy.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

44 minutes ago, tBBP said:

The Vegas Golden Knights would like to have a word with you...

I keep seeing people say this—I see it said about the Panthers' helmets and saw it said about the Snatit's former white helmets too—and I will vehemently, wholeheartedly disagree with it every time. For one, neither the Ravens' nor Snatit's helmet logos really fit with a full braisher (or any full stripe, for that matter), and for two, tapered stripes work perfectly fine when considering the forms of a feather.  Now as far as the Panthers, I do think they'd benefit from reversing the colors to match their shoulder and pants swoops (and maybe shortening the helmet swoops just a bit), but other than that, they're just fine the way they are.

(I won't discuss the Snatit's helmets in this space, except to say they need new ones and when they show up they better not be navy.)

The shard stripes are a relic of the 90’s and deserved to die there.  They don’t belong anywhere in current football aesthetics.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is correct.  It's why in this particular instance, gray is so obviously the choice it seems weird to have to argue it.

For any of the reasons people might advocate for a gray mask, it works for the Browns...

Want a gray mask because the team is wearing the same basic uniform they were 60 years ago?  The Browns.

Want a gray mask because the team is an old school, outdoor, in the elements, northern team?  The Browns.

Want a gray mask because it looks so ridiculously awesome with the existing color palette of the helmet?  The Browns.

I never question whether or not the Browns need a helmet logo when the mask is gray.  But if you're gonna put a brown mask on it, you might as well stick a big "C" up there too.

You have also said that all teams should have grey facemasks, so I will take that with a grain of salt. 

I think a grey facemask looks fine for Cleveland, but I slightly prefer white. Matches the helmet stripe nicely and makes the whole outfit have just a tiny bit of pizazz. 

11 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

You have also said that all teams should have grey facemasks, so I will take that with a grain of salt. 

No, no... I've said that all teams could have a gray facemask... big difference. Given the power, I would still probably keep most of the NFL teams in non-gray masks... all I've said is that there are some teams that look better with gray masks, and if for some reason the League mandated every team switch to gray, I probably wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

It's been a while since I've posted this thing...

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Hurl 1
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 3