2024 NFL Changes

22 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No, no... I've said that all teams could have a gray facemask... big difference. Given the power, I would still probably keep most of the NFL teams in non-gray masks... all I've said is that there are some teams that look better with gray masks, and if for some reason the League mandated every team switch to gray, I probably wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

It's been a while since I've posted this thing...

spacer.png

It looks incredibly wrong for the Dolphins, Bengals, Jaguars, Broncos, and Chargers at minimum. I’d say the Rams, Saints, Seahawks, and Ravens also look jarring. 

That said…I agree that most of these are passable, and a few might even be an improvement on their teams’ current helmets. 

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

5 hours ago, ruttep said:

That's taking it way too far. Gray is a great facemask color, but putting it in the official color scheme and using it for other uniform elements would look horrible. The only time gray is an acceptable uniform color is in baseball.

I'm also anti gray with the exceptions of baseball aways and Ohio State

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

It looks incredibly wrong for the Dolphins, Bengals, Jaguars, Broncos, and Chargers at minimum. I’d say the Rams, Saints, Seahawks, and Ravens also look jarring. 

That said…I agree that most of these are passable, and a few might even be an improvement on their teams’ current helmets. 

Jarring for sure, but I wouldn't say it looks "wrong" for any team. Gray is a very natural color for a metal facemask.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

The Vegas Golden Knights would like to have a word with you...

I forgot about the Golden Knights' original home uniforms. Mostly because whenever they wear them nowadays, they're paired with that horrendous gold chrome helmet.

10 hours ago, tBBP said:

The Vegas Golden Knights would like to have a word with you...

I keep seeing people say this—I see it said about the Panthers' helmets and saw it said about the Snatit's former white helmets too—and I will vehemently, wholeheartedly disagree with it every time. For one, neither the Ravens' nor Snatit's helmet logos really fit with a full braisher (or any full stripe, for that matter), and for two, tapered stripes work perfectly fine when considering the forms of a feather.  Now as far as the Panthers, I do think they'd benefit from reversing the colors to match their shoulder and pants swoops (and maybe shortening the helmet swoops just a bit), but other than that, they're just fine the way they are.

(I won't discuss the Snatit's helmets in this space, except to say they need new ones and when they show up they better not be navy.)

Who are the snatits?

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

4 hours ago, thisguyphelps said:

Ahh that makes sense. I was thinking typo on the saints or something, we need some news bad this thread is going off the rails 🤣

Alright, let me bring you forward on this thing. I'd been following the Snatit since about 2013, right before I moved to Nashville [semi]permanently. In all that time I watched a/ how backwards that franchise operated even after Amy Adams Strunk took controlling interest and b/ how they constantly have played up-and-down to competition, routinely dominating the league's best teams while themselves consistently getting beat by the doormats. As a matter of fact, about the only thing thats been consistent about them has in fact been their inconsistency. It's about as backwards as a team can act on the field; thus, I christened them the "Snatit". And now you know the backstory.

Now time will tell whether new GM Carthon will turn this thing—and that nickname—around, but for now, they're the Snatit and that's just what they are. 

• WOAH 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Alright, let me bring you forward on this thing. I'd been following the Snatit since about 2013, right before I moved to Nashville [semi]permanently. In all that time I watched a/ how backwards that franchise operated even after Amy Adams Strunk took controlling interest and b/ how they constantly have played up-and-down to competition, routinely dominating the league's best teams while themselves consistently getting beat by the doormats. As a matter of fact, about the only thing thats been consistent about them has in fact been their inconsistency. It's about as backwards as a team can act on the field; thus, I christened them the "Snatit". And now you know the backstory.

Now time will tell whether new GM Carthon will turn this thing—and that nickname—around, but for now, they're the Snatit and that's just what they are. 

Makes a whole lot of sense, I would start turning my jersey inside out and rewinding games for a better experience 🤣🤣

• Like 1

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

11 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

In the Texans reddit they're called the T*ts😆

Used to hang out the Battle Red Blog a lot where they were called Baby-Eating Sister Fornicators or BESFs, a play on the Greek mythological lore of the Titans.

• Like 1

Since we're back to Texanjacking it seems, here's this. Not a leak of any kind, just some guy's concept on Instagram. But I will say the red version is kinda...interesting:

MgKxs1s.jpeg

d7BUcwq.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5JfO9pR-bC/?igsh=M2RvcW96b3FkZTJo

Giving me serious Delaware State vibes, but I...think I...really...like it??? (!). And now that I'm looking at this far more intensely than I should probably be legally allowed, IF the Texans were to use the light blue in this way—as a secondary to their red—I could completely see this being a potential future colorway for them. (Of course, naturally a light blue alt would pop up down the line somewhere, but still.)  Funnily enough, it'd also be among the more unique looks in the league despite the individual colors themselves being quite common in pro sports.

• Like 10

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 3/30/2024 at 12:46 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:

Backtracking to Baltimore here: I'm not sure what to expect or hope for with an alternate Ravens helmet. I honestly do not care for an alternate. I have a fear that this will become a second helmet for the sake of having one. Maybe that has a lot to do with having the black helmet being so good, it never needed any changes in the first place.

What about a black helmet with purple flecks?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

Since we're back to Texanjacking it seems, here's this. Not a leak of any kind, just some guy's concept on Instagram. But I will say the red version is kinda...interesting:

MgKxs1s.jpeg

d7BUcwq.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5JfO9pR-bC/?igsh=M2RvcW96b3FkZTJo

Giving me serious Delaware State vibes, but I...think I...really...like it??? (!). And now that I'm looking at this far more intensely than I should probably be legally allowed, IF the Texans were to use the light blue in this way—as a secondary to their red—I could completely see this being a potential future colorway for them. (Of course, naturally a light blue alt would pop up down the line somewhere, but still.)  Funnily enough, it'd also be among the more unique looks in the league despite the individual colors themselves being quite common in pro sports.

Still kinda want the Texans to have red numbers like the Color Rush uniform.

usatsi_21935067.jpg

• Like 8