2024 NFL Changes

I assume the Browns will change the number font back to block in 2025 since the 5 year deal would be up from when they introduced the new/old look in 2020. So basically what the Browns will be saying saying is to forget the last 10 years happened.

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

12 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I assume the Browns will change the number font back to block in 2025 since the 5 year deal would be up from when they introduced the new/old look in 2020. So basically what the Browns will be saying saying is to forget the last 10 years happened.

I hope not. The current font is great and a big improvement over standard block. 

The helmet updates are basically just getting rid of the last holdovers from the atrocious 2015 redesign. 

• Like 7

Gray was the best color for the Browns, and I'll fist fight anyone - with my own internet fists, mind you - that disagrees.

But pretty much any other color is better than brown, so I guess I'll take white.

I hadn't noticed the change in sheen from gloss to satin.  Gotta say that the satin in that photo looks really good, but you can never go wrong with a traditional gloss or semi-gloss.  I'd vote satin, but the move back to gloss is probably a lateral vs a downgrade.

I wish they'd return to their lighter brown and the orange from before when they "reddened" it all those years back (I forget the terms they used for each color - I know "seal brown" was one of the browns (I think the lighter version?) and I forget the reasoning for changing the orange... but they shouldn't have.))

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Basically confirmed. White facemasks are back permanently as well as the glossy finish. 

I'd have liked to have seen the glossy finish with the brown facemask. 

• Like 1

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

17 minutes ago, timjameskohler said:

The brown facemask, for what it's worth, represented a new and (slightly) more successful era of Browns football. The white facemask just remind me of years of futility and quarterback hell. Count me in the minority, I guess. 

Okay, but it looks better.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I wonder what they’d look like with a white facemask 🤔 

(only half joking)

49ers colors are an interesting topic.  The 'sand' colored pants from the 80s sound like a drab failure of fabric color technology. I remember having trouble matching the color in video games . But the late 90s TO era update/correction to more metallic gold didn't feel right and coincided with the end of Rice/Young era and I lost interest in the team.  I think the sandy pants is a crucial idiosyncrasy for the brand and the gray masks support it.

I bet Cowboys would similarly feel wrong if they "corrected" their colors.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, timjameskohler said:

The brown facemask, for what it's worth, represented a new and (slightly) more successful era of Browns football. The white facemask just remind me of years of futility and quarterback hell. Count me in the minority, I guess. 

Originally that's how I felt. Thinking about all those years of horrible teams in the 99-00s. The Tim Couch, Jeff Garcia, Butch Davis led teams.  Lighter brown, lighter orange and white facemasks. But then the disasters of 2015 happened and everything before that seemed okay. 

Part of me wanted to see a glossy/metallic orange at some point like Oregon State had. But I know that probably wouldn't look right with the traditional uniforms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Which confirms NEW BROWNS LOGO THIS SEASON!!!

I wish they could make a retro / stylized version of the helmet the logo.  Probably the league wants some consistency in its use of helmets as logo for each team, which would make this difficult.  Might need to throw an old 2D helmet inside a Rondel ;(

21 hours ago, ruttep said:

Oh, it's fake. What a relief.

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Gray was the best color for the Browns, and I'll fist fight anyone - with my own internet fists, mind you - that disagrees.

But pretty much any other color is better than brown, so I guess I'll take white.

I hadn't noticed the change in sheen from gloss to satin.  Gotta say that the satin in that photo looks really good, but you can never go wrong with a traditional gloss or semi-gloss.  I'd vote satin, but the move back to gloss is probably a lateral vs a downgrade.

I wish they'd return to their lighter brown and the orange from before when they "reddened" it all those years back (I forget the terms they used for each color - I know "seal brown" was one of the browns (I think the lighter version?) and I forget the reasoning for changing the orange... but they shouldn't have.))

And as much as I do not like the Browns colors, etc. I wholeheartedly disagree with you. When they went with white facemask in 1975, it really did wonders for the orange pants. Hell, the white facemask worked well with their 1985-1995 look as well. I liked the fact that it flow with the all white, orange helmet look too. I think white facemask look better for them than grey. There is no ounce of grey in their uniforms. I always say that grey facemask looks better with teams like Dallas Cowboys, Las Vegas Raiders, Detroit Lions (varies), Atlanta Falcons, Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles, and maybe I am saying this to say this, the Seattle Seahawks (since navy helmets are their thing now).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

I'd say to put up your dukes, but your arms are too short to box with god.

Gray complements orange and brown so well.  It's a perfect autumnal palette, for the team that looks the most autumnal.

I'd advocate for them to add gray as an official color - maybe even replacing white in some of the striping, or even having gray pants on the road (though if it was up to me, they'd only have orange pants.) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Dislike 3
  • Hate 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Backtracking to Baltimore here: I'm not sure what to expect or hope for with an alternate Ravens helmet. I honestly do not care for an alternate. I have a fear that this will become a second helmet for the sake of having one. Maybe that has a lot to do with having the black helmet being so good, it never needed any changes in the first place.

Now as for revising the black alternate, I'm not sure how to feel. The purple/gold number would work as I've seen it in the few times I visited open practices at training camps of years' past, but should I be concerned that the numbers could get lost while watching the standard overhead broadcast camera?

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

34 minutes ago, BBTV said:

maybe even replacing white in some of the striping, or even having gray pants on the road (though if it was up to me, they'd only have orange pants.) 

That's taking it way too far. Gray is a great facemask color, but putting it in the official color scheme and using it for other uniform elements would look horrible. The only time gray is an acceptable uniform color is in baseball.

• Applause 3

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

That's taking it way too far. Gray is a great facemask color, but putting it in the official color scheme and using it for other uniform elements would look horrible. The only time gray is an acceptable uniform color is in baseball.

I don't think they need to add it, I'm just saying that since one argument was that it didn't appear anywhere else, it would look nice if they did.  I'm perfectly fine with it just being the facemask color.

They're one of about 2 or 3 teams that I think can get away with gray as a facemask-only color.

Just now, BBTV said:

I don't think they need to add it, I'm just saying that since one argument was that it didn't appear anywhere else, it would look nice if they did.  I'm perfectly fine with it just being the facemask color.

They're one of about 2 or 3 teams that I think can get away with gray as a facemask-only color.

Who are the others?

• Like 1