2024 NFL Changes

1 minute ago, Krona said:

Counterpoint: That's polished gold brick gold. The current color is more representative of the gold being pulled from the earth as the name refers. Better yet a dirtier old gold like the Saints wore would be more fitting than the champagne adjacent color now.

Like the Saints wore, and should continue to

It's bad enough that they have this very dull shade right now, even worse when they don't even show it prominently and instead emphasize the boring ass black

• Like 2

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

1 minute ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Like the Saints wore, and should continue to

It's bad enough that they have this very dull shade right now, even worse when they don't even show it prominently and instead emphasize the boring ass black

They really are missing the boat. They could even do a modern, non-traditional look emphasizing wrought iron and tarnished brass with a lot of ornamental frippery and it'd be miles ahead. And that's coming from a instinct to just go back to the expansion look.

• Like 1

Just now, Krona said:

They really are missing the boat. They could even do a modern, non-traditional look emphasizing wrought iron and tarnished brass with a lot of ornamental frippery and it'd be miles ahead. And that's coming from a instinct to just go back to the expansion look.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again: The main pants should be gold, and the numbers on the away should also be gold (contrast against white won't be a problem if the black outline is thicc enough)

• Like 2

It's 2024, we can color facemasks now

It sucks why some teams still like to be stuck in the past because "muh tradishun"

And it's a subtle change that won't ruin a team's identity, in fact it also removes an unnecessary color from the overall palette of the uniform

• Like 6
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 7

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

One of those concept helmets is…teal with a gold facemask. But different from what Riddell has promoted?

Also, while it’s probably too busy, I do kind of like the first concept there, the silver one with Braisher stripes. Nice blend of OG, pre-Jaguar-cars-threatening-a-lawsuit design, with what eventually became of the brand. 

This is what Riddell is currently hawking:

jacksonville-jaguars-unsigned-riddell-fl

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

It sucks why some teams still like to be stuck in the past because "muh tradishun"

And it's a subtle change that won't ruin a team's identity, in fact it also removes an unnecessary color from the overall palette of the uniform

I want the Niners to keep their grey facemasks. Not because of tradition, I just think that the grey facemask looks objectively better than a red or gold one.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

33 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Gray isn’t a color.  

It’s not1978 anymore.  Colored face masks aren’t cutting edge and unique anymore. Teams can make a choice that fits their overall identity, if that’s what they want to do.  

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

The 49ers wore Red facemasks from '96-'08.  It wasn't an improvement.  

56562425.0.jpg

Some looks truly are timeless and don't need to be modernized.  Here are two of them:

urnpublicidap.orgec6a7d6257be123175b6ad6

However, if you're asking for a future alternate, I'm sure you'll eventually get it, and this is what it would look like:

E9-1EyWXEA0-agt?format=jpg&name=large

E9-1EzHXoAMswxU?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, bowld said:

UCLA went from a grey face mask to gold and to me its an upgrade. Have to assume the 49ers would be the same 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just because it works for UCLA doesn't mean it would work for the 49ers.  

That Light Blue is way less bold/contrasting than Red, and then you have to factor the 49ers helmet stripe in.  This may have been an upgrade for the Bruins, but it does not work for San Fran unless you're doing a drastic redesign and getting rid of the helmet stripe altogether.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, HOOVER said:

The 49ers wore Red facemasks from '96-'08.  It wasn't an improvement.  

56562425.0.jpg
E9-1EyWXEA0-agt?format=jpg&name=large

E9-1EzHXoAMswxU?format=jpg&name=large

I don't think there are many Niners fans clamoring for this uniform to make a return. The team was in complete shambles when this was the uniform.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

I don't think there are many Niners fans clamoring for this uniform to make a return. The team was in complete shambles when this was the uniform.

Agreed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The 49ers have the perfect lineup of four uniforms*, there's no reason to mess with it.

*When proper red socks are worn with the throwbacks

Honestly, if the throwbacks are going to be worn improperly (as white leggings), I'd rather ditch alternate jerseys altogether than introduce a different alternate. The primaries hold up well enough on their own.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, 29texan said:

Just sayin'...

F6ReKctX0AAj5tG?format=jpg&name=medium

F6ReKcMWEAAOUqp?format=jpg&name=medium

F6RdhmyWEAAF3F6?format=jpg&name=medium
F6RdhmuXwAAGAkn?format=jpg&name=medium

I want to agree, but that last gradient helmet has me giving you side eye.

I'll long be a proponent of the Falcons wearing these uniforms:

s-l500.jpg

hi-res-dd3897c4cf563e447354be321c4dac83_

But with this helmet:  

s-l1600.jpg

Before we Cowboy-jack another thread:

Yes, it's a classic jersey

Yes, the colors mismatch

Yes, it would be better if the blue on the helmet and jersey and pants matched, and if the silvers matched. Whether that's royal, navy, or some shade between the two. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1